Senator McCain forgets his country's founding principles.

Necromagus

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/ ... 2322.shtml

Sept. 14, 2007

Arizona Senator John McCain has taken criticism of anti-war group MoveOn.org to a whole new level: He is suggesting that the organization ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åought to be thrown out of this country.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

MoveOn takes it too far by using libel and slander. Two acts that are not protected by the freedom of speech.

And you would not be making such a big deal about this if Hillary Clinton insulted the Church, would you?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

And by your logic, Locke's idea that all power rests ultimately with the people and that they should be able to throw off their government entirely and start anew if it fails to fulfill its purpose is still valid.

Times change.

p2gq.jpg

And by your logic, Locke's idea that all power rests ultimately with the people and that they should be able to throw off their government entirely and start anew if it fails to fulfill its purpose is still valid.

Times change.

Perish the thought.

I believe Tommy Lee Jones said it best in that sage of a film, "Men in Black."

"A person is smart. People are paranoid, stupid, and impulsive."

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Times change.

Perish the thought.

I believe Tommy Lee Jones said it best in that sage of a film, "Men in Black."

"A person is smart. People are paranoid, stupid, and impulsive."

That's a good quote, I'm going to say it out loud one day and get all the credit.

MoveOn takes it too far by using libel and slander. Two acts that are not protected by the freedom of speech.

And you would not be making such a big deal about this if Hillary Clinton insulted the Church, would you?

If Hillary Clinton said that the Church ought to be thrown out of this country, you bet people would be making as big a deal.

Neither is right. One of the clearly values the US has is a freedom to practice one's beliefs when they don't harm others unfairly - whether those beliefs be religious or political (or something else entirely) in nature.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Times change.

Some things should never change. And one of those things is the constitution.

I notice you didn't quote the rest of my post. America was founded on the ideas of Locke, yet he believed that the people could destroy government completely. That is not even possible now, the consequences of a lack of government would be horrendous, something that Locke recognized. The constititution has not changed at all. But the principles on which it was created have changed context.

And all I was referring to was the OP's reference to the founding fathers, which is fragile at best. Because times do change.

p2gq.jpg

If Hillary Clinton said that the Church ought to be thrown out of this country, you bet people would be making as big a deal.

Neither is right. One of the clearly values the US has is a freedom to practice one's beliefs when they don't harm others unfairly - whether those beliefs be religious or political (or something else entirely) in nature.

But MoveOn frequently uses libel and slander, two things not protected by the Constitution. If they were only to present facts, they are covered. But they haven't a clue what the "First Amendment Rights" they hide behind really are.

Didn't say Hillary would say the Church should be thrown out. Just to insult it. Which she has done on multiple occasions.

It's completely obvious that the article is a spin document, anyways. You make more money showing those than plain old boring facts.

Untitled.png

But MoveOn frequently uses libel and slander, two things not protected by the Constitution. If they were only to present facts, they are covered. But they haven't a clue what the "First Amendment Rights" they hide behind really are.

Didn't say Hillary would say the Church should be thrown out. Just to insult it. Which she has done on multiple occasions.

It's completely obvious that the article is a spin document, anyways. You make more money showing those than plain old boring facts.

I'd say all of that is fair. Yeah :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg