Help me choose video card

Kwisatz

the x300 is a shockingly bad card, you're better off spending a little extra and getting a 6600gt

Is it so difficult to read 16 posts? I posted my configuration a few posts above and I have a 6600 GT. For all who are lazy:

XPlorer Mid-Tower Case w/ LCD Temp. Display, Fan Control, Side Window, 2 Case Fans (Black w/ Black Grill)

Blue Cold Cathode Neon Light inside case

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with HyperTransport

MSI K8N Neo4 with 10 USB, 7.1 Surround, 2 PCI-E, 2 Ethernet

1024MB Geil PC3200 DDR 400Mhz Ram (2x512)

80GB 7200 RPM ATA/100 Hard Drive

Leadtek/Winfast NVidia 6600GT 16x PCI-E 128MB

Samsung TS-H522B 16X DVDÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâñR/ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâñRW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

(but Black)

Black 1.44MB Floppy Drive

Black Internal 6 in 1 Media Writer

Logitech X530 70Watts 5.1 Configuration Speaker System

Black Logitech Keyboard and Wheel Ball Mouse (both PS/2). I hate Optical Mice. This whole thing about the ball getting dirty is nonsense. I want to feel the mouse move when I move it.

Windows XP Pro (free, because my dad is getting the Microsoft Action Pack with 10 XP Pro licenses)

White Samsung 17" Monitor max 1280x1024 (already had it)

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

you know what would be really nice is to have the newest intel motherboard the D925XECV2, which supports dual graphics cards then get 2 of the ATI x850 platinum series. That would be really sweeeeeet!!!
The AMR Technology has not yet been released, and as such you wouldn't even be able to boot the BIOS with that setup :P So far the only cards which support running more than one card simultaneously are the nVidia 6600/6800 series.

2x 6800U OC'd to 600/1200 and an AMD FX55 will own anything out there (Until next week :lol:).

But, your also looking at several thousand dollars for that. Anyways, back on topic...

Your system looks good, make sure to get some AS5 to put between the CPU and heatsink, this should drop your temps a few degrees. Temps aren't going to be an issue for you, unless your going to overclock. If your overclocking, go buy an XP90C or XP120 (Thermalright) (If they fit on your mobo... I'm not sure if they do :/), and a nice 200+ CFM delta 8)

Enjoy your new computer, it looks good to me :)

2x 6800U OC'd to 600/1200 and an AMD FX55 will own anything out there (Until next week :lol:).

But, your also looking at several thousand dollars for that. Anyways, back on topic...

Your system looks good, make sure to get some AS5 to put between the CPU and heatsink, this should drop your temps a few degrees. Temps aren't going to be an issue for you, unless your going to overclock. If your overclocking, go buy an XP90C or XP120 (Thermalright) (If they fit on your mobo... I'm not sure if they do :/), and a nice 200+ CFM delta 8)

Enjoy your new computer, it looks good to me :)

Runs perfectly fine, got it yesterday. ~100 FPS on CS Source (which I got for free along with HL2) on 1280x1024. This was the best deal in the universe. I'm gonna post the company on the buying thread.

Anyway, whenever it is doing something intensive like gaming, the temp is about 88 F. Is this stable?

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"