New Sig-Need Advice

guthix121

I am very new to computer graphical art, and this sig is the first thing I made truly using paint.net. i am hoping to get heavy advice and constructive critisism from more experienced artists. Please rate 1 out of 10, and give advice on what could make it better. Just don't use words like c4ds-I don't know what that means :oops: . Here's the sig:

need-for-speed-sig.jpeg

1/10 for having the text slanted and chromish.

Is there any brushes on paint.net? I have never used that before, if there are you should experiment with those. Also the background should match your render (image).

Dart.jpg

You should really read tutorials before you make a signature, everybody started with reading tutorials. http://www.pixel2life.com is a good tutorial website, but I dont know if they have tuts for Paint.net there. If they dont, theres always Google. :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

You should really read tutorials before you make a signature, everybody started with reading tutorials. http://www.pixel2life.com is a good tutorial website, but I dont know if they have tuts for Paint.net there. If they dont, theres always Google. :wink:

This is all i'm going to say too. Its really bad, but whatever -- look up some tutorials.

1/10 for having the text slanted and chromish.

Is there any brushes on paint.net? I have never used that before, if there are you should experiment with those. Also the background should match your render (image).

Also, I've actually tried paint.net, I think it is very limited.

I would suggest getting GIMP and using some brushes. Also soa, paint.net doesn't use brushes.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

thanks for your advice(and wonderful ratings :lol:), i downloaded GIMP earlier, but it wasn't working on my computer. I am going to try and reload it.

How come every time I try to use GIMP, as it loads up it freezes at the part when its loading fonts and it then stops responding? Therefore, I can't use it, since it won't work. What do I do?

How come every time I try to use GIMP, as it loads up it freezes at the part when its loading fonts and it then stops responding? Therefore, I can't use it, since it won't work. What do I do?

You have to wait. For some reason it hates loading the fonts.

Tuzzer1.jpeg