Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Manual labor job possibilities?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

X_Awesome_X
[ Display Name History ]

X_Awesome_X

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
I think I want to get a job doing some kind of manual labor this summer to force myself into better shape and I was wondering what kind of jobs would be good, and if you had experience in them.

Peter
[ Display Name History ]

Peter

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Shoveling snow got me in incredible shape really fast. Since this is a summer job, there's no snow. I'd opt for the next best thing (maybe even better), dirt. Go for some landscaping job. It'll get you in really good shape.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Shoveling snow got me in incredible shape really fast. Since this is a summer job, there's no snow. I'd opt for the next best thing (maybe even better), dirt. Go for some landscaping job. It'll get you in really good shape.

Well unless your in some parts of canada or russia :lol: :D

Landscapeing would be good. Helping with a construction team could be good too, like a team that builds houses. You don't have to realy "build" anything, just carry the supplys around (which would probaly be preaty heavy) :D

Dark_Tigra
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Tigra

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 830 posts
Construction, if you can get hired.

Nothing like picking up 2 tons of lumber over the course of a day when I work for my dad to get ya' in shape. :P

jak722
[ Display Name History ]

jak722

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,572 posts
Join the Reserves!

Unless your country is currently at war that is... :roll:
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests
See if your state DOT has programs for younger kids I know every area ive been in the state DOT has programs for summer work for high school kids.

oz
[ Display Name History ]

oz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 112 posts
bricklayer, most jobs in construction, fisherman (proffesional. not like on a fishing trip, you'll get reall tough reall fast fishing)

X_Awesome_X
[ Display Name History ]

X_Awesome_X

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
The problem is it's hard to get a job in construction unless you know someone. I'll probably end up having to do landscape, but I hope I can get a job plastering pools since I can do that and it would probably be better money then most jobs.

trix I'm in college but thanks for the input.

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Warehouse, dock hand, etc.

All you really need is transport to and from and you should be fine.

SHIPPOU
[ Display Name History ]

SHIPPOU

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:RLS0812
construction laborer

followed by roofer helper

One of the old guard of RS.
RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002
Proud member of the original forum.

frauschlager_jr
[ Display Name History ]

frauschlager_jr

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 139 posts
work on a farm, preferably throwing around 1000's of 60 pound hay bales in 95 degree heat, that will buff you up in a hurry.

Dark_Tigra
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Tigra

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 830 posts
Roofer's get sun burned more than "tough". :lol: I work with a lot of roofer's when I'm working for my dad, the heaviest thing they pick up is a 40 pound thing of shingles...Wow. :P

Pete_the_Viscous
[ Display Name History ]

Pete_the_Viscous

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
I can suggest several things, though I've no real experience in the area; someone correct me if I'm wrong. If you want to "get into shape", I would recomend just getting a long paper round. If, however, you want to make yourself stronger, as opposed to just fitter, I'd suggest either trying to find work stacking things in a warehouse, or, as others have suggested, farm work. It doesn't need to be lifting; however, there is little call, these days, for any other sort of work on a farm: machines>people for that sort of thing.

Really, though, I'd suggest a paper round; just make sure it's a long one, and every week day... I imagine that most people would want a compromise between short length and high pay: a medium length one. Surely employers would jump at the chance of getting someone to do a long round.

I don't know... as I say, I may well be wrong.

Evil_Elf
[ Display Name History ]

Evil_Elf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 871 posts
If you're old enough and live in America to work for the UPS, you'll be buff in a few weeks (if you can handle it).

brooce
[ Display Name History ]

brooce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 576 posts
Mowing.... get a job at a corporation (mowing company) first they will have you do small stuf like at first you will be weed eating then if you are old enough they might let you use a large mower.... i got paid $10.00 USD no tax an hour (no tax cause i wasnt really an employee and my uncles bro owned the company)
Posted Image
<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

jak722
[ Display Name History ]

jak722

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,572 posts
Paper boy! :wink:
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

x76
[ Display Name History ]

x76

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 503 posts

Roofer's get sun burned more than "tough". :lol: I work with a lot of roofer's when I'm working for my dad, the heaviest thing they pick up is a 40 pound thing of shingles...Wow. :P

The roofers in my area pick up 80 lb bundles of shingles. Carrying 40 lbs up a 40~ foot ladder and plopping it onto a roof all day isn't exactly easy either. I've done it before, don't get me wrong it's not hard but it does get tiring after awhile.

Your best bet would be Masonry.

seangotgame
[ Display Name History ]

seangotgame

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 354 posts
I prefer to jusy play sports to get into shape but the best job to whip you into sjape would probly be landscaping like they said.

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I used to unload trucks for department stores. It's hard work but keeps ya in shape.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

I used to lift dead topics out of obscurity. Meanest muscles I've ever had after that.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users