Training mage. hp?

Kahote

Hi, i am making a pure range/mage for p2p after i set up in f2p.

i was wondering whether i should train mage with combat spells (to get hp) or not. What are your views?

"You're pro or you are a noob....

puwre.gif

...that's life." - Athene

I'm no expert on pures, but I would also advise you to train your Hitpoints along with your Magic. Train on the Hobgoblins by the Crafting Guild (stand inside the cow pin and attack across the water).

When I trained my Magic, I would just use Fire Strikes. They're slow, but cheap; especially if you make your own Air Runes and use a Fire Staff. Then all you need to buy is the Mind Runes.

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

Cool! Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will go for hp.

I don't know if this is an argument, but i often tell myself that even if i dont train hp, i'll get hp xp in the wildy anyways, so really, what difference does it make if the hp xp is inevitable. you know?

anyway, thanks for all the replies so far! I guess the consensus is to train hp.

For now, i'm just trying to make money to train range and once i am more certain about the hp, i'll train my mage before going p2p and owning... =P

puwre.gif

Cool! Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will go for hp.

I don't know if this is an argument, but i often tell myself that even if i dont train hp, i'll get hp xp in the wildy anyways, so really, what difference does it make if the hp xp is inevitable. you know?

anyway, thanks for all the replies so far! I guess the consensus is to train hp.

For now, i'm just trying to make money to train range and once i am more certain about the hp, i'll train my mage before going p2p and owning... =P

It's not inevitable.

Every experience point to Hitpoints is worth every second of every minute. :mrgreen:

kingtut3.png

Training without hp can be so much faster. I think using the faster methods are useful to get the spell you want to use plus hp does raise you cb just as def does. However, I made a pure with too many body spells and I had to use other combat types to get the HP i NEEDED.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

Training without hp can be so much faster. I think using the faster methods are useful to get the spell you want to use plus hp does raise you cb just as def does. However, I made a pure with too many body spells and I had to use other combat types to get the HP i NEEDED.

Training without HP is also repetitive and boring and costs considerably more.

BTW, any character NEEDS all the HP he/she can GET.

:thumbsup:

kingtut3.png

Cool, it seems like i am going to go for hp then.

ps: the name of my character is k0fs. it is currently f2p and newb but i will train it so that it hopefully is ready for p2p in 4 or 5 days. add me if you want, i am quite friendly. =P

please keep coming with hp advise as well as any minor tips you may have for me. i will ideally become a ancient magicks ranger...

so yeah! Thanks for the tips so far!

puwre.gif