O_O Flame wars etc.

Death_Hippy

O_O Wow we seem to be getting a lot of dam flame wars on these forums...not to say I didn't participate in any....I have to stop doing that.Anyways, what really pisses me off, is when some guy goes onto a rant post (M4tty or 124yourgone I'm not sure about second one) then calls the guy on there a "noob".A example of this can be seen in the post "Trying something different is bad M'kay?".

Most of the time it's some high level player who thinks he's so much better than everyone else because he has a stupid fricken huge number above his characters head.They are basing intelligence, as well as liability, on a NUMBER!What can that be saying about MMORPG communities? Wow I wonder why they get such a bad rep?

It's not to say that other games don't have community problems...It's sometimes worse to hear a guy on a mic in some shooter yell NOOB!Or in stradegy games, when you aren't listening to a players EXACT orders, so he try's to get you kicked.It's been going on in games ever since the word "N00B" was spawned from the firey abyss of hell.

So, how does it affect us?Well, for one, the post I talked about got locked because some high level player HAD to make a comment on the "NOOBISHNESS" of the post.Some of my posts have had that happen to them to (though not the noob part, just general flaming).

The tip.it moderators did a excellent job on getting rid of some of the flamers (I'm pretty sure M4tty's banned)but, we still need to get rid of some of them (hopefully I won't do it again ._.) anyways, post your comments, I'll be around.

Then provide them with good counter arguments. It can get quite harlious when they can't back up their one-reason belief. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's one thing when someone makes a pathetic rant, that will bring in a flame war, ie; rares are too expensive, this year's halloween hood sucks, etc. It's another when some people start uber flaming a pretty decent rant, like Robert's recent rant, which got locked...

Also, did M4tty get the boot?

Yes, m4tty is banned, and that's one idiot down. But this whole topic is just one big flame in itself, really. There was no need to make it except to pointlessly point fingers at people.

p2gq.jpg

Yes, m4tty is banned, and that's one idiot down. But this whole topic is just one big flame in itself, really. There was no need to make it except to pointlessly point fingers at people.

Thank God. Ever since I first noticed that [wagon] here, he has made ignorant post after ignorant post, often contributing nothing to the topic. And ironically, the first time I noticed him, he was defending his practice of "DK luring," blaming the people for not being smart enough to get out in time.

td2sig.jpg