1980 Firebird 4.9L Turbo Formula

yaff2

Yeah.

As for the people talking about the rust, the body, isnt rusted really, a few spots that can be sanded out..

martinisback

NO offense, but thats look like a piece of crap. Especially inside the seats are all ripped and such. IT looks like a dangerous car to ride lol, maybe if you put in 500 bucks or so to it, you can make it look nicer...

I wouldn't pay more then 20 bucks for that

you obviously know nothing about cars.

you obviously know nothing about Muscle cars

Most of them have to be restored completely, and if i dropped 500 into it, it wouldnt look any diff lmao, for it to be nicer, run great, and an awesome car, try, 20 - 30 grand lmao

NO offense, but dont come in here, thinking you know what your talking about, and then come in and make a fool of your self.

No i dont know much about cars, and you say you'd put20 30 gran on that car ok good luck and hope your happy to see the engine run down 1 monthlater.

YOuasked for an opinion Igave you 1, so calm down and don't have a stroke on me now

--Quit--(As of December 22th, 2007)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

As for the people talking about the rust, the body, isnt rusted really, a few spots that can be sanded out..

martinisback

NO offense, but thats look like a piece of crap. Especially inside the seats are all ripped and such. IT looks like a dangerous car to ride lol, maybe if you put in 500 bucks or so to it, you can make it look nicer...

I wouldn't pay more then 20 bucks for that

you obviously know nothing about cars.

you obviously know nothing about Muscle cars

Most of them have to be restored completely, and if i dropped 500 into it, it wouldnt look any diff lmao, for it to be nicer, run great, and an awesome car, try, 20 - 30 grand lmao

NO offense, but dont come in here, thinking you know what your talking about, and then come in and make a fool of your self.

No i dont know much about cars, and you say you'd put20 30 gran on that car ok good luck and hope your happy to see the engine run down 1 monthlater.

YOuasked for an opinion Igave you 1, so calm down and don't have a stroke on me now

once again, dont come in here, thinking you knw what your talking abot only to embarrass yourself. you really think an engine will stop afer a month, you idiot. im going to drop a brand new engine into it. and if that were to die, tech. every engine would die after a month in your thinkings? lmao.

so, if you have no idea what your talking about, dont return here.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

BTW, what are you thinking of doing to it as far as style? Are you planning on restoring it to its factory state? Or are you going to customize it?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

BTW, what are you thinking of doing to it as far as style? Are you planning on restoring it to its factory state? Or are you going to customize it?

both, i plan to do factory for the most part. accept. stereo, engine (maybe) maybe a few other things. i dont know, we will see as i got along!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

k so i got the cash to buy it, and rent a trailer. woot i should have it next week!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

To me, that is just absolute junk. But for you, it's a dream to become true. Live the dream.

Haha, for sure!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

• 2 weeks later...
It's definitely worth it imo.. The seats and interior wouldn't but "Much" trouble, it's just the body and engine, etc..etc..In a few years that car will be worth a lot of $$$$$$ and it will be fast as grease lightning

yeah, no doubt.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

GOOD FIND! the car doesn't appear to be in that bad of shape. the older cam/birds are known for the rotting floorboards. if i was you, have it towed or pulled to a shop or if you know anything about cars, see if the motor/tranny are in good shape. if they're in good shape, i'd say go for it. if they're in bad shape...then decide if you want to spend upwards of 7k-10k on it to restore it. you can find other seats like that at junkyard or maybe have them ones re-upholstered for a few hundred bucks (cant remember what seats look like). other than that i think its a good find and a good project. keep in mind it probably wont take you less than 2-3 years to do a good restoration on it.

if you need any help or advice, send me a pm.

diabl0_915.png

GOOD FIND! the car doesn't appear to be in that bad of shape. the older cam/birds are known for the rotting floorboards. if i was you, have it towed or pulled to a shop or if you know anything about cars, see if the motor/tranny are in good shape. if they're in good shape, i'd say go for it. if they're in bad shape...then decide if you want to spend upwards of 7k-10k on it to restore it. you can find other seats like that at junkyard or maybe have them ones re-upholstered for a few hundred bucks (cant remember what seats look like). other than that i think its a good find and a good project. keep in mind it probably wont take you less than 2-3 years to do a good restoration on it.

if you need any help or advice, send me a pm.

it will take me a long time to restore it, because im broke, and dont have a job ATM

but yeah, i imagine, ill find more wrong with it as i go along...

and ill probly be PM'ing you.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

In Detroit you can find similar used cars, though they always run perfectly and have tires (but massive mileage), for about $100-$500.

It's amazing how cheap people will sell stuff just because it's "used". I've seen jaw-dropping cadillacs go for $250 just because it had 112k miles on it and the steering wheel needed improvement (partially chipped/cracked). Cars that run fine and are Cadillac, should never cost less than $2k IMO.. But hey, I wont complain.

That Firebird looks really.. Bad though. :shock: If you pay 50 bucks for it, re-sell the parts/engine. You'd need to spend a lot of money just to make it look decent & able to drive with.

In Detroit you can find similar used cars, though they always run perfectly and have tires (but massive mileage), for about $100-$500.

It's amazing how cheap people will sell stuff just because it's "used". I've seen jaw-dropping cadillacs go for $250 just because it had 112k miles on it and the steering wheel needed improvement (partially chipped/cracked). Cars that run fine and are Cadillac, should never cost less than $2k IMO.. But hey, I wont complain.

That Firebird looks really.. Bad though. :shock: If you pay 50 bucks for it, re-sell the parts/engine. You'd need to spend a lot of money just to make it look decent & able to drive with.

actually, $50 for this car, is a VERY good deal, There were 1253 of these cars made. And any muscle car will be the same, accept, some you will pay thousands for in similar condition. and ill have to drop probly 20 - 30 Thousand into this car before it is finished, but if you have resepect for muscle cars, it is well worth it

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

I wouldn't touch it, far too much work to be done to the car. It will probably sit on your front lawn for years. If you can do the majority of the work for yourself, then go for it. But if you'll be going to the mechanics for every little thing, it will cost waaaay too much.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I wouldn't touch it, far too much work to be done to the car. It will probably sit on your front lawn for years. If you can do the majority of the work for yourself, then go for it. But if you'll be going to the mechanics for every little thing, it will cost waaaay too much.

ill be doing as much as i can by myself. because it will cost 3x as much if i dont.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

For $50, its not a bad deal, however, I don't believe that it is worth it to restore. This is not really a "muscle" car. It is 301 pontiac engine with a turbo. 0-60 in like 9 seconds. Calling it a muscle car is like calling a v6 mustang a muscle car; its got the "look", but the engine is [cabbage]. Hardly built for perfomance. Don't let Smokey and the Bandit fool you.

As for where to find parts, use ebay.

For $50, its not a bad deal, however, I don't believe that it is worth it to restore. This is not really a "muscle" car. It is 301 pontiac engine with a turbo. 0-60 in like 9 seconds. Calling it a muscle car is like calling a v6 mustang a muscle car; its got the "look", but the engine is [cabbage]. Hardly built for perfomance. Don't let Smokey and the Bandit fool you.

As for where to find parts, use ebay.

im not leaving the 301 in it, dont yoyu worry. im going to drop a 350 or maybe something liek a 400.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

Although the 301 was the biggest POS GM ever dropped into a firebird, putting anything else into that car makes the car worthless. (moreso)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Although the 301 was the biggest POS GM ever dropped into a firebird, putting anything else into that car makes the car worthless. (moreso)

how do you figure?

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

because what makes a collectors edition car is the fact that all the numbers match .

the VIN obviously wont match if you rip the engine block out of the car. #-o

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear