EVE-online

FalconBomba

To see if there are any other EVE-online players out there or ex-EVE players like me (Too expensive, but I'll be back...) I'm starting this thread for anything EVE-related you want to say or ask other people if there are others. Anything goes, ships, economy, mining, location, corp, alliance, character, just say hi, goals, etc. Nothing overly off the topic of EVE though.

Just sticking out to see if there are others and look, made a pic.

PqPd_u9.jpg

20 sec in paint... enjoy. Oh by the way feel free to post screenies and fan art.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

If you need help getting up and running I think I can help with the first 6 months if your Gallente, the pvp system is brutal and I enjoyed the fighting system, the way I sat in formation with my fleet in my Eos before unleashing firepower into the enemy, watching my drones tear the metal off the enemy hull and have their pod jettison to be hit by my warp scramblers and destroy them! (hehehe evil fun :twisted: )

I'm actually more of a miner/manufacturer :anxious: but, Brutix, Mymridon, Eos, good ships. I've had experience with low sec, and believe me, don't try soloing any deadspace structures, pirates will probe the area and kill you, *salutes first Mymridon, lost in battle, killed 4 before going under.*

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

• 3 weeks later...

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

I thought anyone intrested should look at these new screenshots of the upcoming expansion. Also a vid and a features page, including wallpapers in screenshots that is. Site here: http://www.eve-online.com/trinity/index.html

May I just say, these are kick {crayon} graphics. There is also a link for a 14-day free trial there too. Just make sure you have the client downloaded too, you can find it after a little home-page navigation.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

i played the 14 day trial awhile back, i liked it but the combat was pretty boring. i had a pretty good ship at one point(dont remember which) but then i did a mission and i got owned by a ton of pirates.(forgot to buy isurance with the ship) i was even in a 0.8 system... there were also tons of times when the server wasnt up, especially on weekends which was when i could play the most.

cv2.gif

sig by me avatar by: born2die

My Website -> Coldvenom.CO.NR <- My Website

My cousin got into this, and he's addicted, pretty stupid tbh. He actually gets withdrawal symptoms whenever he isn't playing it and he rushes stuff to get back to it.

sig5235ro7.jpg

i played the 14 day trial awhile back, i liked it but the combat was pretty boring. i had a pretty good ship at one point(dont remember which) but then i did a mission and i got owned by a ton of pirates.(forgot to buy isurance with the ship) i was even in a 0.8 system... there were also tons of times when the server wasnt up, especially on weekends which was when i could play the most.

1 thing, you will get owned in a 14 day trial by just about anything, start as a miner or get some friends to lend some cash for better skills. (I did both :D )

2nd, ALWAYS BUY INSURANCE (exception: shuttles)

3rd, It has a downtime for 1 hour or you got stuck during the Kali Patch week. So it shouldn't have been down a lot, only 1 time a day usually, for me it's at 4:00am-5:00am.

4th, and the combat system on RS is any less boring? Try a fleet battle, gets intresting... 8-)

5th, learn to run away, saves your hide on EVE... a lot. Especially in low sec, if the lowest you have ever been is .8, you should try 0.0 sometime :twisted:

And Biadf, your cousin is like the average pure on rs. It scares me that people have their existance centered around a game for entertainment. NoLifers, bah. Is an addicting game, just gotta know your limits, read a book while mining, just chatting to some friends, every once and awhile hauling and shooting pirates.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

1 thing, you will get owned in a 14 day trial by just about anything, start as a miner or get some friends to lend some cash for better skills. (I did both :D )

2nd, ALWAYS BUY INSURANCE (exception: shuttles)

3rd, It has a downtime for 1 hour or you got stuck during the Kali Patch week. So it shouldn't have been down a lot, only 1 time a day usually, for me it's at 4:00am-5:00am.

4th, and the combat system on RS is any less boring? Try a fleet battle, gets intresting... 8-)

5th, learn to run away, saves your hide on EVE... a lot. Especially in low sec, if the lowest you have ever been is .8, you should try 0.0 sometime :twisted:

And Biadf, your cousin is like the average pure on rs. It scares me that people have their existance centered around a game for entertainment. NoLifers, bah. Is an addicting game, just gotta know your limits, read a book while mining, just chatting to some friends, every once and awhile hauling and shooting pirates.

i dont play rs anymore >_< and i did find it boring...it seemed like the server was down 6-7 hours a day when i played... >_< i may get back into it if you are willing to help

cv2.gif

Ok, they don't go down more than 1 hour a day unless there is a lot of patches, a server problem, or if they ever go on strike (which I doubt they ever will with their paychecks.) So either you got caught on the Kali patch-week or the day around november last year that they were adding some more bladecenter servers and something went wrong or you have really bad connection, didn't download the client fully or it got corrupted somehow, or you didn't have compatible specs for it. Just check these problems.

Also, they've made it a little bit more noob-friendly, they made the tutorial better, got another 14-day trial just to try it out. Big improvement over the one I learned from... but, heck the entire game is a big tutorial. You never are quite ready for what comes next... good thing is, never gonna be little-kid friendly. Swear all you want, no one is gonna report you on it, drive them into the ground when you pvp, and if they whine, make it your personal goal for the next {insert time period here} to hunt them down and destroy their ambitions for the week. I did that sometimes, and had it happen to me at times too. One time a guy hired some mercs to hunt me down and blow me up. I won against them... hehehehehe. I like brutixs.

Otherwise try the customer support if you get another trial, you can get as many as you have email-accounts. I have two so I had 2 trials, my original account that I played under Falconer Lombard and a quick one to help ease a friend into the game with and check out the tutorial under Hawker Bombard (Notice the similarities between my Eve-name and rs-name.)

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

I should add that really it was the combat and the slow paced nature of the game that turned me off. I loved the sound of hardcore PvP and how the economy worked, but my god everything was just so... slow. It took a long time to get to places, it took a long time to loot (I hated having to take a good minute or two slowly inching my way forward to the loot container said pirate left behind).... it just got boring.

Still I would recommend it to anyone willing to give it a shot, it's a good game - just not for everyone.

Some suggestions to go faster:

Tractor beam to get cans and wrecks.

Microwarpdrive to go really really fast.

BIG AFTERBURNERS, cheaper than microwarpdrives but, not as powerful.

I kinda liked the slow pace sometimes, it throws you off guard for how fast paced the pvp is when a pirate could be hanging over your head in a matter of seconds, warp scramble you, and blast you at close range while your firing missles and anti-matter rounds everywhere... ahhhh good times. It also let you read a good book and just chat while you waited. Also since you probably played last, they made a warp to 0 point instead of 2000m. (makes travel much easier.) But, it only works if your doing it manually, not on autopilot.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Some suggestions to go faster:

Tractor beam to get cans and wrecks.

Microwarpdrive to go really really fast.

BIG AFTERBURNERS, cheaper than microwarpdrives but, not as powerful.

I kinda liked the slow pace sometimes, it throws you off guard for how fast paced the pvp is when a pirate could be hanging over your head in a matter of seconds, warp scramble you, and blast you at close range while your firing missles and anti-matter rounds everywhere... ahhhh good times. It also let you read a good book and just chat while you waited. Also since you probably played last, they made a warp to 0 point instead of 2000m. (makes travel much easier.) But, it only works if your doing it manually, not on autopilot.

When I'm playing a game I want to play the game, not read a book.

Also I had afterburners and all that good stuff.

No it's worse than rs lol, I've been there, done it, seen it, EVE is worse than WoW for addiction IMO.
sig5235ro7.jpg

No it's worse than rs lol, I've been there, done it, seen it, EVE is worse than WoW for addiction IMO.

I doubt that. Since you gain levels while doing nothing there really isn't that incenitive to play a lot. Likewise if you have a decent ORG you'll pretty much just be handed your ships so money isn't a large issue either.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

I thought anyone intrested should look at these new screenshots of the upcoming expansion. Also a vid and a features page, including wallpapers in screenshots that is. Site here: http://www.eve-online.com/trinity/index.html

May I just say, these are kick {crayon} graphics. There is also a link for a 14-day free trial there too. Just make sure you have the client downloaded too, you can find it after a little home-page navigation.

Yes, those graphics are amazing, though the ship models are, to say the least, weird.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I doubt that. Since you gain levels while doing nothing there really isn't that incenitive to play a lot. Likewise if you have a decent ORG you'll pretty much just be handed your ships so money isn't a large issue either.

Well something makes him want to play A LOT.
sig5235ro7.jpg

im downloading the free trial today. should i go gallente or caldari? those are the main ones im looking at.

Well, it depends... do you like missles with high impact, lower range or rail guns with high flexibility and the largest range of weaponary in the game in the mm classes. Also, do you want to pvp, pve, or mining?

Gallente: railguns, good miners, largest hauler/industrial at intereon mark 5, and if your going into mining to begin with, select the imicus, later once you get a hauler, try the navitas and some can mining, just be wary of ore theives... always have a fully loaded assult vehicle in the nearby hanger. (I hate ore theives, I kept either my Eos or mymridon in a nearby station to blow them apart.) Also Drones are a must for any respectable Eveian, Gallente starts you off right with them. (They can be devestating, if you don't believe me, read the EVE-chronicle Vampire... 1 drone. Gives you an idea what the most powerful drones are like.) Also the ships are more centered on shields than armor. So electronic skills are a good idea to have.

Caldari: Heavy armored ships, missle specialties, some drone work, large industrials, a good miner is the Condor. I don't have a lot of experience with the Caldari, most of my friends were Gallente, as was I.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

i ended up choosing gallente. i also found a good corp on the first day and they've guided me along. they are even giving me a free destroyer fully outfitted with salvaging equipment and the like, once i get the skills. i was thinking of quitting WoW so i might just subscribe to this instead, depends on how the next few days goes

cv2.gif

i ended up choosing gallente. i also found a good corp on the first day and they've guided me along. they are even giving me a free destroyer fully outfitted with salvaging equipment and the like, once i get the skills. i was thinking of quitting WoW so i might just subscribe to this instead, depends on how the next few days goes

Good for you! What corp is it anyway? I've got almost $30 I was gonna spend on a new game that I'm thinking about starting back up on EVE. (Woot)

ps. If you were in CAS did you see Mosynf or Solid Dread? Man, they were awesome. I was in a sub-corp for Okatu Invasion.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Blimey I can run it, though I would be able to and so very surprised.

To save me the time to look though it all whats the price per month? May look into it now.

Also the ships on the pages look so hot <3:

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.