another question -game for noobs or poor ppl

julian011

I believe Jagex is aiming for skeptics and those who like content over graphics. Runescape appeals to skeptics cause they can try the game without any strings attached. They don't have to buy anything to try it out and Jagex still profits with f2p ads. No one argues that Runescape has better graphics then WoW but many of us who have tried WoW prefer Runescape because of the many more things you can do within the game.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

199920259.png

Latest speed check of the internet I'm using. Laptop with a few upgrades to RAM, HDD, graphics, etc. Working and at uni with a student loan so I'm not short of money (yet!!).

But being at uni means I'm a more casual gamer now than hardcore gamer that I was before so a lower price per month for miles more content than many other games suits me fine <3:

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Guest Armagedon46disabled

i quit playing wow for runescape just because i dont play online very much and id rather pay 5 bucks then 20 if im not palying alot

I had a lot of fun just reading this thread.

It's the thoughtful responses on threads like this being one of the reasons I <3: Tip.It.

I play for fun too. Being down-under in the Land of Oz everything costs more (though our sky-rocketing dollar is changing that) so RuneScape is the most competitive game of it's type for the price.

It's not price alone though that keeps me playing, nor the fact that I can't or won't bother to upgrade my systems to play the more system resource hungry games. Though mainly playing from my laptop now does limit this - and I do travel quite a bit leaving my desktop PCs behind - so constantly having to upgrade high-end-graphics capable laptops is not cheap! So I choose to play with more freedom via a laptop so I can travel interstate or overseas & still play. Being able to log-in without worrying about FPS (Frames Per Second) means one can start-up the game without the constant stress of having to plan for further upgrades to the latest equipment to keep playing; I help others with their technical issues all day - why do I want to make more for myself!

The fact RuneScape has meant I don't have to deal with recurring technical headaches just having to run a those more demanding games, which destabilise what are basically work computers, is one of big reasons I have stopped playing nearly all high-system-specification games now (inc. W.o.W & G.W.); I've even given away "the Sims 2" to my mother who plays that now with my niece. Any game that requires me to buy a new computer every year, or constantly upgrade their innards and stare down driver/stability issues is off my shopping list...permanently.

I do live and work on computers and the Net everyday, I like the way one can come and go to RuneScape to suit oneself. While other MMORPGs I've tried can suit the casual gamer. It's the only game in which other players tell me they can play without having to be part of a group. This high level of freedom of choice is what makes the game interesting to so many different types of gamers, whereas other games do seem to require players to make the choice to be involved in groups, at one point or another, to truly take advantage of the game-play they offer.

That doesn't mean of course that RuneScape doesn't have a lot group-based play (clans, guilds, cities, etc.) but one needs never belong to any group, freeing up the need to fully commit to game in order to play it to ones own satisfaction.

It's by being a all of those things that RuneScape competes: having a low-budget-impact (price of a magazine subscription), having a low system resource profile, and by allowing players to their own style of game; whether they want to play a low-key game, or get deeply involved in the game-play of others.

It's for all these reasons I believe is why RuneScape captures more of the Bartle types out there on the Net, involving a huge variety of people in its game-play.

Regards,

Fey.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

Both, and many other reasons.

I quit world of warcraft to play RS again because it has like 100x more content than WoW, there's so many reasons.

are you joking?

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

I think people just play it because its a fun game, and its decent priced.

Sure some people play it because they dont have a good pc but most just because they like the game itself.

Yea, I do too. I basically play Runescape to pass the time

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

You could be right. It is easy to understand after about a week and you dpn't have to pay and when you do pay it is only ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.50/5 a month which is very cheap for a mmorpg.

But there will be other factors as well

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!