Champion Your Band, 1 - Thousand Foot Krutch by kalphiteman4

assassin_696

Apologies for the time it's taken to get this started, see the sticky for the details of the idea. I'll post this here instead of stickying it so that hopefully it'll get a bit more traffic seeing it. :P

This weeks band is brought to you by none other than kalphiteman4! Thanks for getting the ball rolling with this great post. :)

Thousand Foot Krutch

Genre: Christian Alternative Rock

Label: Tooth & Nail

Thousand Foot Krutch has been one of my favorite bands for about a year. They are technically a Christian band, but they aren't like a lot of christian bands that are almost preachers. There are a few slight references to praying or the Christian God on a few songs, and the members are Christian. Their first CD, That's What People Do, wasn't that popular. It is out of print (so I don't own it >_>). They started getting popular with their second CD, Set it Off, which I can't stand at all. Everything after that (Phenomenon, The Art of Breaking, and The Flame In All Of Us) was incredible.

The Art of Breaking was the first CD of their's that I bought. Actually, I think it was the 8th album I bought...somewhere around there. I first heard of them when I randomly heard one of their songs on shuffle on my dad's iPod. I don't know how it got on there, but it got me hooked, and I started looking for more music from them.

Their music is more based towards Trevor McNevan's vocals. On most of the albums (Aside from their latest one), the instruments are just average.

Discography

526853.jpg

Set It Off

This was their first popular CD. It isn't really alternative rock like their later stuff is. This album is Rap-Rock Nu-Metal. A few people like this album best, but I can't stand it. There are some highlights, though, namingly "Puppet" and "When in Doubt." When in Doubt is the first song I heard by Thousand Foot Krutch.

5/10

Thousand%20Foot%20Krutch-Phenomenon.jpg

Phenomenon

Ah, this album is MUCH Better. It is alternative Rock with many hip-hop influnces from their last album, though there are no annoying raps in it. This is one of my favorite albums of all time. Highlights would be "Step To Me," "Phenomenon," "Last Words," and "Faith, Love, and Happiness," Though the whole album is incredible.

9.5/10

TND74819.jpg

The Art of Breaking

This was the first CD I heard by the band. They dropped all the hip-hop influnces here, and crafted a harder rock sound.. However, it is still a very good album. "Move" and "Absolute" are just plain hard, while "Breathe You In" Is slower, but just as good. It is a good listen from start to finish, except for the one song I consider filler ("Hand Grenade").

7/10

879732223_c32217826a_m.jpg

The Flame In All Of Us

The Flame In All Of Us was my most anticipated alum in 2007. The band kept their hard rock sound, but pulled it off much better. The instruments were the best of all the albums, though...it still wans't as good as Phenomenon. It is pretty dang close, though. They have their first acoustic song on there as well. I'm really happy because my copy of the CD is autographed :D.Highlights are "Falls Apart," "The Flame In All Of Us," "My Own Enemy," "Favorite Desease," and "Wish You Well."

9.3/10

Links:

Official site

Myspace

Pure Volume

Last.fm

Wikipedia Article

Videos:

Move

Falls Apart

Thank you for reading!

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Great work. TFK is also one of my favorite bands. Great choice.

I didn't know they had a new CD! Shows what a good fan I am <.< *buys*

one more thing, I actually like their "soft" songs better then their "Hard Rock" songs. They have about 1 of them per album(or so...) And they usually just inspire me. But all their other songs are amazing.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Great read! I'm gonna have to download some of them, you make them sound really good. I'm glad we finally got this going.

Assasin - mine should be in within a couple of weeks. It's gonna take a while - eighteen original albums, one cover album, six or seven videos and four hits compilations to write up. =D

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Nice idea, and its cool to see TFK around here. I used to be a really big fan of them when I was younger. Now I dont listen much to them anymore.

Anyway, I think I like set it off the most though. It has some cool songs, like puppet, when in doubt, and set if off ofcourse.

And Phenomenom is the best. No doubt about it.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Thanks for getting this posted, assassin, and thank you, everyone, for the kind words!

Their slower songs are very good. They have 4 of them on the new CD ( "Wish You Well," "Favorite Disease," "My Home," and "What do We Know?). Though, I think This is a Call is the best of the slow songs. I still like the harder stuff better.

Hmm...I can start working on a few more now. They would end up being the two bands that got me into obsessed with music in the first place. :P. Though, I'm not sure if I should submit them to be championed or write up separate posts.

Thanks for getting this posted, assassin, and thank you, everyone, for the kind words!

Their slower songs are very good. They have 4 of them on the new CD ( "Wish You Well," "Favorite Disease," "My Home," and "What do We Know?). Though, I think This is a Call is the best of the slow songs. I still like the harder stuff better.

I actually like Breathe you in better then this is a call.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!