NEW! - Champion Your Band!

assassin_696

Led-Zeppelin's come up with what I and some other staff members think is a pretty good idea to put a bit of interest back into the M&M board.

I'm sure we've all got a band or artist that we love, and some of us have even made topics about those bands in M&M. What I think is even better is when it's maybe a band that I haven't heard of before, some more new music for me to get into. A lot of these topics have been of great quality, lots of links information and have really worked in getting people into more music.

So Led's idea was that we maybe formalise this a bit more, and do something that'll hopefully go a little more noticed.

So what's the idea? Easy, just find a band or artist that you know and love, it doesn't have to be underground, local or unheard of, but it would be nice if you were doing a well known band that you could put an interesting slant on it, then write a topic on that band preferably following the guidelines set down by How2Pk's Sticky on how to open a topic. Write up the post, make it interesting, add plenty of relevant links, information and YouTube links if possible. Maybe even talk about what the band means to you, but i'm sure you'll know what to do. Remember, it's the band that you know and love, and you're the one trying to champion it and spread their music to a new audience.

Once you've got an idea for a band or artist you want to do, pm the idea to me, but don't say what band you're going to do on this topic. It'll make things a little more interesting. :wink:

I'll do a little schedule of who's week it'll be and when depending on how much interest we get, and in the week before it's your turn, write up your post and pm it to me and i'll put it as a sticky on the Friday. The previous topic will be de-stickied and there'll be backlinks to all the old topics in the latest one. Obviously there'll be no deadline for registering interest, anyone can do it anytime, but if you think you fancy giving it a go letting me know sooner rather than later would be great, cheers.

Any thoughts or feedback regarding this idea would be welcome, but otherwise I think it's fairly straightforward.

EDIT: It's now been up and running for a while now, so if you're interested you can see some past examples to see what we're looking for.

•  
    Past Archive

Thousand Foot Krutch by kalphiteman4

Brand New by ktmcf121

Rush by klankaos

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds by How2PK

But don't worry if you don't want to do as much work as some of these guys did :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make a huge post with loads of info about your band, and then it'll get to be stickied for a week, but it's gotta be good =D

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

huh, I completely missed this topic. I think I'm going for one as well. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Great idea! My PM's coming in, I can't wait... This is going to be fun.

Aww I wanted to do Rush :(

Beat ya to it =D

lSEHB.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Just to remind you all that I haven't got any pm's from you yet, looking to maybe kick this thing off soon. :)

I pmed you, got a reply and everything... :-s

lSEHB.gif

Just to remind you all that I haven't got any pm's from you yet, looking to maybe kick this thing off soon. :)

I pmed you, got a reply and everything... :-s

I meant the actual article/post you want me to submit :wink:

Oh, hehe, whoopsies =D. I was waiting for a schedule, if you want I can get working on mine and have it ready within a week or two.

lSEHB.gif

Yeah that'd be good thanks.

Just to re-cap, so far i've had interest from

Led-Zeppelin

How2Pk

DaDieselDude05

runescapeloser22

klankaos

If you guys could start thinking about sending your pms to me sometime soon that'd be good.

Nice start on this by Kalphite, TFK look really good now. I've never really thought about listening to them before, but I am now =D

Assasin, mine should be in in a couple of weeks. I'm busy, and mine's gonna be a looonnnnggg writeup.

lSEHB.gif

I think you should have a go at stickying the topics, number one doesn't seem to be getting much traffic just sitting out there.

lSEHB.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...