GREAT update to search feature

jessy87

make it work?

seriously, that [cabbage] is broken. heres an example theirs a new thread with the word "natural" in it, even with the quote marks around it, lets search through the general discussion for "natural" with quotes, not even the first page. ascending or descending.

search feature really sucks.

1. Your post is funny! :mrgreen: (really, not in a sarcastic way)

2. It's true, you don't find the specific topic but I don't think it's possible to make an 100% working search feature, although this is indeed quite crappy.

3. I agree that the search butten sucks sometimes, but assuming you already knew there was a topic with natural in it, did you really search something and didn't find it?

signature4s.jpg

Again I think we are waiting for PHPBB3, as I remember it being mentioned that it had a better search feature.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• 2 weeks later...
1. Your post is funny! :mrgreen: (really, not in a sarcastic way)

2. It's true, you don't find the specific topic but I don't think it's possible to make an 100% working search feature, although this is indeed quite crappy.

3. I agree that the search butten sucks sometimes, but assuming you already knew there was a topic with natural in it, did you really search something and didn't find it?

i did search specifically for it because i read it and knew that natural was a very limitedly used word for these forums

How about we all just stop complaining and pony up the cash for Tip.It to buy some Google Appliances. Will only cost a few hundred grand to cover the 3 million forum posts and Tip.It web content. Then NOBODY can complain that search is broke. :lol:

How about we all just stop complaining and pony up the cash for Tip.It to buy some Google Appliances. Will only cost a few hundred grand to cover the 3 million forum posts and Tip.It web content. Then NOBODY can complain that search is broke. :lol:

Hey, Christmas is coming soon, and I always get those 20 dollar visa gift cards from the neighbors that none of us ever talk to, but they still come over anyway and give me money :lol:

Maybe they'll go toward good use. It'll only take 15k of those to make it to 300 grand :thumbsup:

(I wish it were (or was? :-s ) as simple as "SELECT * FROM phpbb_posts_text WHERE post_subject OR post_text LIKE %".$query."%%" :( )

Can't see why not. :anxious:

Can't see why not. :anxious:

Well, there's the solution for ya but I think Tip.it's pockets don't reach that deep. *cuts hole in Tip.it's pockets*, there ya go, bottom less pockets to spend with :).

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

(I wish it were (or was? :-s ) as simple as "SELECT * FROM phpbb_posts_text WHERE post_subject OR post_text LIKE %".$query."%%" :( )

when you can get a query like that to run in a reasonable amount of time(less then .001ms) on a table that is over 2GB , let me know.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

when you can get a query like that to run in a reasonable amount of time(less then .001ms) on a table that is over 2GB , let me know.

April fools next year...just for kicks.

Searching....

Approx time required to execute query: 2 years

:lol: