Getting Rid of RWT or...

PFJ

Here's my 2 cents, it may not be too well formulated, and I know a few tipiters could say it a lot better than I can, but here we go.

Lately, we've had a string of updates, each supposedly put in place to stop Real World Trading, however, they seem to be doing something else as well. It seems that "less desirable" parts of the game are being (rather effectively) taken out of the game. Look at what we've seen: Duel Arena focused mainly on "gambling", Merchanting, while not being removed from the game, was effected to a great extent, therefore stripping it of being one of the larger focuses of money-making.

We arrive at today, December 10th, to find that the aspect of Player Killing has been neutralized, softened up, and re-released to the public as nothing but a minigame. The thought of a place full of people looking for nothing more than to steal your riches has been chewed up and spit out to the mere idea that is the Bounty Hunter minigame. They're doing nothing short of commanding and controlling. I'm sad to say that our future as 'scapers isn't very bright.

Think of me what you will, I'm just entertaining a thought, a muse, perhaps a revelation into whats behind said updates.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

I agree with you when it comes to this. Let's hope for that Jagex makes some changes to these huge updates :)

2500 POSTS!

Thanks for the support, and grats on 2500.

:P

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

The updates haven't been released yet and still the vast majority of truly runescapers agree with the fact that nothing will be the same again as in the past. And I fully agree with them because indeed lately a lot of things changed, especially those that were common used, popular and talked about.

E.g 'merchanting, Duel Arena (Staking in this case), the economy in general and we can keep going on like this, if you ask me (as 'PFJ' has stated in his post).

But still we can't judge things, which we don't have experience. And 'yes' I am aware of the fact that we all can think of several possible consequences, which are negative for the future of RS in my opinion. Still it might be different once these updates are released although I doubt it will be positive.

And 'yes' indeed I hope Jagex will release in the near future that they haven't thought about it well.

12242_b3e8cd.png

|Currently going for : 91 Runecrafting|

|Long-term goal : 99 Runecrafting|

|Rares I own so far : Santa|

I admire Jagex in doing this update, i never thought they would have the courage to take this big a step, I just don't think it is the right idea. The GE, I can live with, though it does take most of the life out of trading. Staking, I am slightly sorry to see go. I was never a big staker but I usually enjoyed myself there. I was never even a big PKer but I did somethimes go out, fairly noobish gear, some sharks etc. Even though it was never exactly high stakes for me, I always found PKing the most exciting part of runescape, indeed of any video game. One thing that really effects me though is RCing. I have been RCing for a long time, and really enjoyed it, some of the most fun I've had on RS has been trying to evade RC pkers. I did one run today, in my best gear (not really saying much) and the rush was gone, no excitment, just a long, dreary stretch of mindless running...

PS I apologise for the "wall of text"

crunchbag.png

Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07

Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07

First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat

Up until now, I was firmly on Jagex's side in the war against RWT. But 3k every 15 mins?!???? Please tell me how you will do law running, sell a whip outside the "official price" to quick raise cash, or -- for me the killer -- give my kids a present now and then?

Ok, everyone is grumbling, but there is a sense of fatalism here which is pathetic.

If all the fan sites (you know who you are -- runehq, zybez, tip.it and 2-3 more) would organize, we could bring Jagex to their knees.

First, a protest march. Let's say in an empty world, a silent march of supporters from Varrock to Fally.

Second, ratchet up the pressure. An allout call from the fansites for a two week boycott of memberships. Cancel your membership, and when it runs out don't renew for two weeks. Spend the time mining iron on a non-member world near Varrock; or raise your runecrafting with two weeks of fast, free airs on world 16. Plenty of things to do on non-members, and after two weeks you will remember why you liked members in the first place. I guarantee, two weeks of that sort of cash flow loss will take Jagex completely off guard.

Third, nominate representatives -- one from each fan site -- to negotiate in good faith with Jagex. Yes to fighting RWT; no to eliminating friendship via unbalanced trades!

The levers of power are at hand. Fan sites make an effective leadership and communication tool. Real life labor movements would have killed for these advantages.

Is tip.it content to whine, or will they join in an organized movement to represent the masses on RS?

beo

Why is everyone acting like the world has just ended? I mean people are judging a book by its cover and not truly experiencing these updates before they flame them.

I for one like the updates I have read about, and in the long run will help RS. The wilderness and not been changed except for size, and probably easier to score some good loot if you have some skills.