"Its the End of RuneScape as we know it! and I feel Fine!"

Slick_cat

(Sung to the tune of Great Big Sea's "End of the World")

RS forums have seemingly crashed - that or Jagex shut them off in response to the deluge of angry complaints.

Game servers are acting extremely flakey as well.

DDOS by angry pker clans, bot-pimps or both? You decide.

-----------------------

On the whole I actually like the update - it sort of achieves what I was advocating at various points in 2006, but does it in a hamfisted fashion.

Restricting the ability to trade shuts the bots down, but I think that Jagex has throttled it completely.

1M RS gold on the blackmarket is about $3.30 CDN/US

1.) setting the stake and also the trading imbalance cap at 100k = $0.33 CDN/US per 15 minutes or $1.32 per hour. While this might be worth it for Asian sweatshoppers, it certainly isn't to dishonest players in the First World.

2.) I've suggested in my lone thread supporting Jagex, that they loosen the Grand Exchange price limitations to +/- 7.5% and have each click be worth +/- 2.5% instead of +/- 5%.

3.) also, you should be able to reprice your items without taking down the listing and thus losing your spot in the sellers line

4.) I've suggested that they allow each person to register 2-3 accounts as a group - main and up to 2 pure/pker/skiller accounts - that they can trade freely in between said accounts. Make it cost 1M cash to register-link two accounts together and

5.) I've suggested that they allow high level characters the ability to give away stuff - lock it behind 200 QPs (and possibly make the Complete Recipe for Disaster and Mourning's End Part II be requisites for that) - bots/sweatshoppers do some quests but they only do the bare minimum.

at 200 QPs: a high level can give away up to 1M of stuff per day

each QP there after adds 100k to that total

Jagex wants us to quest, this will encourage us to quest, Bots can't quest so botpimps have to hire sweatshoppers to quest on their bot accounts. at 300 QP = 2M = only $6.66 per day = not a lot and those accounts will be rare and hurt to lose.

6.) bring back PKing all over the wild with the following changes:

EDITTED:

victim: 1 QP = 0.25% of hiding dropped item , would require 400 QPs to hide all items dropped upon death of victim

killer: 1 QP = 0.5% of uncovering a dropped item, would require 200 QPs to have all items dropped upon death

cash is never seen or dropped

no noted items

If the killer does get something, they have to loot it from the Gravestone: using combination of Mining, Crafting and Thievery

Examples:

A

Victim: 0 QPs

Killer: 0 QPs

Victim drops everything, but killer gets nothing

B

Victim: 249 QPs

Killer: 0 QPs

Victims hides everything dropped, so killer gets nothing

C

Victim: 0 QPs

Killer: 249 QPs

Victim drops everything, killer can theoretically get everything by looting the Grave

D

Victim: 249 QPs

Killer: 249 QPs

Victim: 249 x 0.25 = 62.25% of stuff hidden (excess from killer subtracts from this)

Killer: 249 x 0.5 = 124.5% of stuff uncovered

62.25-24.5 = 37.75%

So, victim hides 37.75% of dropped items, killer can theoretically get everything else by looting the Grave

So

7.) NEW: Add a rune essence mine to Kingdoms of Miscellania, Etcetria and Underfood - Quest Lock it to a quest behind Royal Trouble=====================

In the end, I think the backlash will force Jagex to tone down their modifications, I just hope that they adopt something like the above.

Good thinking there about the QP. But many pkers dont do quests they don't need to (some need to do desert treasure for ancients and monkey madness/lost city for dragon weapons) And how about f2p? 39 QP is the max. So what would happen then :-k

Members that don't do quests = less chance of getting loot, more chance of getting looted (which is as it should be)

Free-to-Play: not likely to get loot, not likely to protect loot = incentive to upgrade to Members (whish is something that Jagex would prefer)

copied from within the jumble of conversation at Zybez

From here

so that it doesn't get lost.

Actually, their real priority is staying in business, which they can't if RWT continues.

They've said that they've found that most bots on members* are paid with stolen credit card numbers.

What this means and I am speaking as someone who has worked for the credit card division of a major North American financial institution is this:

Note that Jagex gets very little advertising revenue from members

Jagex gets 'paid' $7.30 CDN by a fraudster for 1 months' worth of members

Jagex thinks it has the money and allocates it accordingly

Actual owner of the credit card notices the problem OR their credit card company does

Credit card company chargesback the $7.30 CDN to Jagex

by credit card regulations, Jagex ends up having to file paperwork to process the charge back on their end (and Jagex has to pay billing employees to get this done) - lets be generous and call it $0.10

certain credit card companies might slap a fine upon Jagex for allowing the fraudulent charge to go through

also - it costs money to be able to process credit card transactions in the first place - usually the card issuer takes a 2-3% cut, so call it $0.146

Pssst - remember that money that Jagex allocated when they thought that they had it? Turns out its not there anymore - lets say that this puts them into overdraft or they're forced to borrow thru a similar financial vehicle - let's assume that the interest rate is 5% per year (x 1.05).

7.30 x 1.05 = 7.665 (non compound interest) = $0.365 cents of interest for 365 days or 12 months

divide by 12 = $0.03 of interest

So

Instead of earning $7.30 CDN

they lost the earnings

$7.30 CDN chargebacked

$0.10 CDN wasted on paperwork

$0.146 CDN paid to credit card handling company/bank (which doesn't get refunded)

$0.03 CDN potential interest from lack of funds from loss of revenue.

call it $0.28 CDN per fraud acct per month

------

From Jagex's frontpage "There are currently 137581 people playing!" at this moment

Jagex says that 1/6 are members

so divide by 6 = 22930 are probably members

of those lets be generous and assume that only 25% are bots*

so call it 5732 bots that will cost Jagex $1605.11 CDN

------

The actual member base is 6 million of which 1 million is members (also quoting Jagex, and 25% bots is my estimate).

call it 250k bots x 0.28 = $70K CDN lost instead of $1.825M canadian earned, this appears in their books as "-$1.895M CDN" and it really hurts their bottom line

Perhaps now those of you that have a modicum of intelligence can see why this can't go on.

Note that this doesn't factor in how much they have to pay their anti-RWT people.

------

Hey kids! Remember the USA's war on terror? Gosh, who doesn't.

Want a hint as to what it means for the banking industry? (and by extension the credit card industry and from there Jagex?)

Yup, tighter money controls - especially against money-laundering operations.

Gee, you kids want to guess what RWT trading qualifies as? Bingo! there's a reason why the Communist People's Republic of China is cracking down on gold-farming. Have a cookie!

Want to guess who gets crap from US + UK + other governments for 'allowing' money to flow to illicit operations? Bingo! Jagex...

------

Those of you that are still with me and that managed to put 2 + 2 together and came out with 4, congratulations, now you know why RWT has to go.

Those of you still whining and unable to rub two neurons together should possibly flush your heads down a toilet.

Those of you that were/are actually part of the problem (buying gold for realworld cash from bot-pimps or buying items in-game from bot-pimp/merchants**) - tell your parents to put a bit of chlorine in your gene pool.

========================

*On members, I've seen bots/sweatshoppers at: nature altar, chaos altar, law altar, cosmic altar, mining ess via Varrock, converting planks at lumbermill, collecting snape grass on waterbirth, EVERY location of green dragons, ranging blue dragons at Taverly and Ogre Enclave, woodcutting in varrock, rimmington, draynor, gnome stronghold, seers, catherby, picking flax, mining everything up to and including runite, killing flesh crawlers at stronghold of security, fishing at draynor, karamja, catherby and fishing guild - if I've missed any, let me know - bottom line there are far more bots on members than most people realize

==================

*There's at least 1 bot per 2 players on members, if it isn't 1:1, f2p is 6 bots per 4 kids.

to the person above me, if what you say about the bot ratios is true, jagex will most likely loose about half its paying members by new years. roughly 1/3 too bots, and the rest to people who are too narrow minded to see that if they stoped pking and scamming that they can actualy still have fun in this game.

this maybe a bit off, but if you take his ratios to be correct then jagex will loose alot of money. i now want to make my f2p account members just to support them.

gordhammer1.png

You see, when a mommy noob and a daddy noob really love each other...

8.) Mentionned by many people: LootShare option immediately upon getting a rare drop from a Boss Monster: the person that gets it Teles it directly to GE, everyone that had access to that drop gets equal share, can't be cancelled once on GE, after 7 days if not bought by a player it gets 'cashed out' - item disappears and everyone gets their cash

Who do you think BUYS most of that gold - the gold farmers wouldn't be here if scummy players weren't so busy buying gold to get gear and train their bloody pures, or too lazy to skill, buying resources en masse to get shiney skill capes for their mains.

Never mind that you blokes created an atmosphere of dishonesty to begin with by shuffling resources and loot back and forth between mains and pure accounts.

Never mind that PKing as it was on members (I've heard claims that f2p was different) was purely about getting the jump on someone.

Skilling (and Questing) creates/collects/transforms resources and thus money into the game.

Staking and PKing merely takes it away from someone else, or imports it from gold farmers.

Staking - in particular was gambling for kids, perhaps you might not know this but there is a correlation with gambling, obsession, addiction, bad decisions and organized crime (RWT IS organized crime, read up on articles about 'gold farmers', most of the members bots were paid for with stolen credit card numbers - and they end up costing Jagex a lot of money).

PKing was a lesser form of gambling. Honestly, I'm surprised that Jagex didn't get taken to task by any of the governments where its servers and or clients reside for allowing gambling in the covert forms of staking and PKing to exist.

0.) Merchants, PKers and Stakers create a climate of rulebreaking by constant covert transfers between Main and Pure accounts (this is something that most of them don't have the balls to admit they are pissed off about because the trading restrictions rightfully shut it off)

1.) Merchants provide cover for bot-pimps and their mules (ie your lvl 3 middlemen) to sell their wares

2.) Lazy kids training pures provide the need for gold to train and outfit those pures

3.) Lazy kids (PKers and Stakers) wanting the glory of a skill cape buy gold to quickly get those resources - THIS drives up the prices

4.) Hello hordes of bots, complete with sweatshoppers to do quests for those bots

5.) most important resources are on members, so bot-pimps use stolen credit card info to pay for them

6.) Jagex loses out big time financially

PKers and Stakers might think that they are the centre of the RS universe, but guess what? the game will go on with you. Collectively, your greed and cupidity almost ruined the game permanently. The rest of us aren't that sad to see you go.

Lol you guy's crack me up,All you can do on this game now is get your account up to 99 and get your capes.

After you get up to 99 what is the point of going any further,Jagex has ruined the game for the honest players because of some people that was making money on the side.

All that means is that Mr. Gower got mad because he couldn't bilk members out of another few million dollars a month.

You are talking poor Jagex losing money,give me a break.

Lol you guy's crack me up,All you can do on this game now is get your account up to 99 and get your capes.

After you get up to 99 what is the point of going any further,Jagex has ruined the game for the honest players because of some people that was making money on the side.

All that means is that Mr. Gower got mad because he couldn't bilk members out of another few million dollars a month.

You are talking poor Jagex losing money,give me a break.

Wow... snotty kids these days... you've obviously never had to balance budget, much less run a successful, legitimate business.

With intelligence like that, its a wonder that you manage to tie your shoelaces in the morning.

Erm... you do wear shoes with laces, right? as opposed to those velcro straps? :P

=D> zomg posts that aren't just, " Z0mg 1 n33d t0 p333k4y 4nd g3t phr33 1t3m5 l1k3 bl00 p33h4t5 4nd st00f but n0w 1 c4n't 0mg why y0u so nub omgomgomgogmgomgkogmoofmfomgmfomfogmgmofmmogfmgofomfomgommomommffg *more random gibberish* omg y u so nub my main is zezima and im andrew gower and my main could pwn you nubs hahahahahaa lol"

Translated to: Random pure talk interspersed with 1337 talk. I'm actually liking this update, will flush all the stupid morons out of the game, then maybe Jagex will change it back :-$

Nice & creative ideas there especielly no .6 (QP and the pking system).

Unfortunately, it still can be abused for RWT.

Victim = seller with no QP but with

PKer = buyer with 50 QP

whats not clear is what, for example 37.75% mean.

37.75% of the number of items or 37.75% of the items value ?

In addition to your restriction (cash can't be looted) i would also add this one:

no noted items will be allowed in the wildy.

this will prevent any way to substitute cash for high-value items.

Anyway,the main problem,the only one i realy cared about this update, Unbalanced trades, is still there.

I read yours,and several others suggestions and...no. All the total levels/veterans suggestions wouldn't work. :(

Nice & creative ideas there especielly no .6 (QP and the pking system).

Unfortunately, it still can be abused for RWT.

Victim = seller with no QP but with

PKer = buyer with 50 QP

whats not clear is what, for example 37.75% mean.

37.75% of the number of items or 37.75% of the items value ?

In addition to your restriction (cash can't be looted) i would also add this one:

no noted items will be allowed in the wildy.

this will prevent any way to substitute cash for high-value items.

37.75% means that the PKer has a 37.75% chance of seeing each item that is dropped upon death of the Victim.

Good point I forgot to add that in in the TipIt version of this thread, ty

37.75% means that the PKer has a 37.75% chance of seeing each item that is dropped upon death of the Victim.

Regardless of the item's value? Either way, i liked this idea. =D>

Though,for the record, as some1 who dont pk, this part of the update didn't realy ruin my day :wink:

Regardless of the item's value? Either way, i liked this idea. =D>

Though,for the record, as some1 who dont pk, this part of the update didn't realy ruin my day :wink:

Sure, why not - if you're going to take a party hat into the wilderness, I'm sure that Jagex wouldn't mind you risking it disappearing completely from the game.

Then again they might secretly set the 'die rolls' such that you can take rares into the wildy but dying with them always removes the item from the game.

(response to Truthscape convo about proposed changes to Trading Imbalance Cap - ppl suggested that 100k is enough to have persistent cheaters try it)

*brainstorms*

Level based caps won't work tho - I've seen bots/sweatshoppers with CBs of 126.

Bots with 99 fishing or 99 woodcutting, 92 RC, 95 mining, 95 crafting (that was from spinning bowstrings non stop)

Quests on the other hand have to be done by humans, so maybe a QP based allowance in trade discrepancy?

Say at 100 QPS, each QP adds 1k to the discrepancy of trading for that 15 minute period.

Trade 'volume' would go by the lower QP total

A

player 1 0 QPs

player 2 247 QPs

usual 3k limit

B

player 1 247 QPs

player 2 0 QPs

usual 3k limit

C

player 1 0 QPs

player 2 0 QPs

usual 3k limit

D

player 1 247 QPs

player 2 247 QPs

150k limit

E

player 1 101 QPs

player 2 247 QPs

4k limit

But I don't enjoy doing quests, or skilling to get the level req's to do quest...

This works for players who enjoy skilling questing, and a little bit of PKing on the side.

However I don't have the time to dedicate to RuneScape that I once enjoyed.

I have RL obligations and pastimes, combined with two other MMORPG's that I enjoy. I would use RuneScape PKing as a way to escape from the grind in other games. Bored for an evening, i would hit up the wilderness and stay there til I died. I have enough resources left over from when I was an avid player for this to be feasible... I've completed the required quests for my charater to be suitably powerful.

You're suggesting that for me to see any direct fruit [Read] from PKing, I need to spend countless hours doing unsavory and boring activities in addition to the actually training of my character?

No thanks, I think i'll go play Warsong Gulch...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

No thanks, I think i'll go play Warsong Gulch...

Goodbye then :P

WarSong Gulch is okay, Alterac and the snow one are much much better.

Alterac is the snow one :P and naw, those are honor grinds.

WSG I play out of a genuine desire to win. ;)

But that's offtopic...

>_>

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Slick_cat, you (and the poster you "quoted" on the other site) are forgetting that Jagex can simply actually make the payment process take longer/use more checks to verify CC info, thus taking out both these stolen CC issues and the members bots that go with them.

Instead, they choose to pwn their own game and use this as one reason why members should put up with Jagex's garbage.

Slick_cat, you (and the poster you "quoted" on the other site) are forgetting that Jagex can simply actually make the payment process take longer/use more checks to verify CC info, thus taking out both these stolen CC issues and the members bots that go with them.

Instead, they choose to pwn their own game and use this as one reason why members should put up with Jagex's garbage.

Have you worked for a financial institution that issues and deals with credit cards?

I have and based upon that 6 years worth of experience I will say that your comment is meritless.

Jagex don't actually take credit cards, they use Worldpay who process the transaction on their behalf, then every 30 days pay the remitence into Jagex's bank account.

Worldpay are one of the biggest online payment handling agencys in the world so obviously their checking is not working correctly.

Warcraft is an online game and if they can control their finances correctly with 9m paying members why can't jagex?

I don't buy the credit card argument, it is very tightly locked down now and the checks worldpay/futurepay do are pretty tight, so if 25% of members are using bots that also use stolen credit cards I do not belive you.

So i would say your comments are meritless

Also if you were "so in" the banking sector as you state, you would also know that worldpay offer a ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã250 chargeback guarantee

"The 'Customer Guarantee' is a transactional guarantee designed to protect subscribed customers against 'third party fraud' related Chargebacks, for example stolen credit cards. When Chargebacks arise as a result of third party fraud, WorldPay will deal with the issues related as part of this service."

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png