predictions and pet peeves

Vincent

I had to edit my last rant because jagex actually got rid of some of the things that got on my nerves.

predictions for 2008 and beyond:

these are some things some ppl will be saying when summoning comes out, which will be totally ignorant and lame of them.

"it's too expensive" "it's boring" "there's no point in leveling it" "it's all for the noobs" "pokescape" "i'd level it if it had a point"

reason they give these excuses is LAZINESS! some of these people would rather stand in banks admiring themselves and buying stuff and then leveling it while in the bank. hate those people. but guess what they'll really want to level it because it gives combat levels so that is going to be interesting. :twisted: a skillers skill which levels combat. hopefully jagex doesnt water it down too much/make it easier for these complainers. and of course they'll be wrong and it will be a useful and beneficial skill to level. but it wouldnt be runescape if these people didnt rush to a negative judgement for every update; giving jagex no credit or thanks at all.

A pet peeve is a term used to describe an annoyance you have with something.

My list of Runescape related pet peeves:

people who put down f2p players.

people that take advantage of new players or poor players.

people that treat other people badly.

people that threaten to quit.

people that act like jagex should check with them before they make an update to the game.

player mods most of them i dislike personally but if they can do some good; good for them i guess.

spammers- people that stand in banks and use auto typers or just repeat the same thing over and over.

lock happy and robotic like forum mods or player mods that act like they're all that.

people that stand in banks in their own square in expensive stuff alching or just standing in popular banks for long periods of time. i cant stand that. if they need to skill they should go to a bank with less people. otherwise they're just taking up space; i cant stand those people. and i know ppl disagree with that but i dont care, i dont like people that stand around in popular banks and there are a lot of reasons i dont like them!

people that follow each other (dance) outside edge bank. especially if they're over lvl 120.

scammers, liars, bug abusers, cheats, account thieves.

people that try to annoy you by moving in on your training spot.

medium high lvls, like lvl 90 in skills, that want things to be easier for them to get 99.

people that buy skills and dont know how to make/earn money in the game.

people that always complain about new updates.

people that arent willing to help other people when it would be no trouble for them.

price manipulators and poor high lvl combat noobs that dont know how to make money.

people that say, "buying all x".

laziness and ignorance.

that mage has crap "armour".

that range is super cheap.

that melee can wear dragon hides and not lose atk abilities.

all random events.

that run energy doesnt gain at a normal rate while smithing or charging orbs.

when doing quests people ask questions about it while you're in the middle of talking to an npc you cant click out of.

have to say i'm thrilled that many of the cheats cant cheat anymore in the ways they did before and i hope some people that were a bad influence on the game are gone now. i'd add more but i dont feel like arguing a lot here; just say that some of the people, once the cheating was taken away, dont have much reason to still play, so, that's an ADDED BONUS! O:)

if you want to argue go to another thread. these points arent up for debate. if you want to add your own dislikes or annoyances with some types of people in the game or the game itself go ahead.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Wait..... who do you like?!

I am sure most people will find them selves under one of your titles there...

You seem to say you don't like anybody?

And whats wrong with fmods.... speaking as one... surely as you seem to hate spammers, and rule breakers, the fact that we only lock rule breaking threads (usually spammers) surely would mean you like us? but yet we don't as you have an issue with anybody in authority, just because they have the moderator title?

And as for your last comment....

if you want to argue go to another thread. these points arent up for debate. if you want to add your own dislikes or annoyances with some types of people in the game or the game itself go ahead.

If you don't want anybody to have an opinion other than support then why did you even post this thread? the whole point of forums is for discussion.... and it cant be one way.

Sure alot of things on your list annoy me, but it seems like you hate everybody? who do you like?

sig2webzx7.jpg

no i dont dislike most people at all. i was very specific with who i dislike. :D forum mods rarely actually do their job or dont do it good enough in my opinion when the recent updates forum and future updates forum is filled with rants. and they leave up things they personally agree with often even if it is against the rules and i've seen it OVER AND OVER AGAIN. so dont think i dont know what i'm talking about!

i'm ranting about what i dislike. the points i'm making arent up for debate! as for who i like in game, i like most people. read it again if you dont see who it is i dislike.

i guess i should add another pet peeve. people that misinterpret things you say to your disadvantage. in other words they frame your own words and argument in their own way as if to convince you that your argument is not valid, when what is truly not valid is their framing of your argument! been there done that, yeah they're still looking for wmd. etc.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

So if we don't lock a thread.... it means you don't like us as we are not doing our job..... but if we find a rule breaking thread and lock it you don't like us because we are "robotic"? am I right that you just don't like anybody with any form of authority?

You seem to be looking at every view point as a negative

If we don't lock a thread it is for one of a few reasons.

1. We did not notice it

2. we don't have time to deal with it

3. there are more important threads to deal with first

4.we don't have enough knowledge to give the thread/post justifiable responses.

I have talked to nearly every fmod, and trust that not one of us would ever leave a rule breaking thread as we agree with it.... if you think an fmod is abusing their position.... please send a message to jagex about it and the issue will be sorted.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I'm hopping on the wtf is wrong with you bandwagon. I wouldn't dare to be your friend, if it even drives you mad to see people who stand around in banks. There might be reasons for it you know! Like they talk to their friends, or wait, or check up on other sites, they might be cleaning up their banks, or looking for a good offer.

Stop being so damn selfish and view stuff in other peoples perspective. And why do you hate pmods and fmods? What in earth have they done? Some of them might be bad but that is a CLEAR MINORITY!

Why are you even playing if you complain over everything?

Also, everything is not about you! Some people might like to dance outside edgeville bank. It's rather fun, you know. Some pleople play this game for fun! I have so many reasons to hate you right now (but i don't, im too lazy)

karlpetter.gif

I'm hopping on the wtf is wrong with you bandwagon. I wouldn't dare to be your friend, if it even drives you mad to see people who stand around in banks. There might be reasons for it you know! Like they talk to their friends, or wait, or check up on other sites, they might be cleaning up their banks, or looking for a good offer.

Stop being so damn selfish and view stuff in other peoples perspective. And why do you hate pmods and fmods? What in earth have they done? Some of them might be bad but that is a CLEAR MINORITY!

Why are you even playing if you complain over everything?

Also, everything is not about you! Some people might like to dance outside edgeville bank. It's rather fun, you know. Some pleople play this game for fun! I have so many reasons to hate you right now (but i don't, im too lazy)

+1, why don't you just go mind you own buisness? I could find a million ways to help you.. But it's not worth it... Just quit the game if you can't stand it...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

i predict and really hope Runescape will crash and burn after so many consecutive piece of [cabbage] updates like BH and the removal of PKIN. also i hope al of jagex lose all their money and become homeless for destroying the game for years on end

i predict and really hope Runescape will crash and burn after so many consecutive piece of [cabbage] updates like BH and the removal of PKIN. also i hope al of jagex lose all their money and become homeless for destroying the game for years on end

You phail.

This thread sucks. Lock/ban/Horriblepainfuldeath, please, forum mods?

Pretty much done with rs now

yeah i know some people will misunderstand why i wrote this. the thing is i do like runescape and most of its players. i'm simply ranting about certain things that annoy me. i'm not saying i focus my time on these things a lot. i dont. i avoid things i dislike in the game. i'd rather spend time on things i do like. these are just some things that have been around in the game from day 1 and i dont expect them to go away anytime soon and i still enjoy runescape immensely. and yeah some people like to have fun in the game and that's why i play the game but some people have "fun" in ways that annoy other people there's those type of people that find it "fun" to put a damper on other people's fun. it's those type of people i dont like. as for 120's dancing outside a bank, its usually all about look at me i'm special and those people are usually totally rude so maybe i'm biased against them. sue me. the fact is runescape is getting much better.

about the people that dont know how to make money it's because THEY NEVER TRIED! had to be said. dont tell me there's not a million ways to make more money than you could ever need in runescape. there is and the people that try find that out. but then some people just want it to be a glorified chat where other people get their supplies. i dont like those people and nothing you tell me would convince me otherwise.

i support fair pay to those that do get certain supplies but in the back of my mind i'd rather see them train their own skills then supply others. but whatever they like doing; that's their choice and making money when just starting out may be what needs to be done in some cases before doing things for themselves.

something i do like is creativity and providing a good service and that's good to see people work cooperatively ingame to those ends. anyway like i said things have improved a lot; and it's not really about doom and gloom; runescape is a great game and there's lots of fine people in the game, so that isnt a problem at all and the game is just getting better and better.

If you don't want anybody to have an opinion other than support then why did you even post this thread? the whole point of forums is for discussion.... and it cant be one way.

This topic has been locked as you wish for no response to be made to your post that is against what you say. That is what happens when you post a topic, not everyone will agree with you.

By all means I'm not saying you cannot post here, but a topic like this will only result in flaming.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]