Ring of wealth?

Inuashakent

From an old message by Guthix on the Runescape main site:

He described drops as being on a roulette wheel. There are two wheels, one for determining what drop you get, and there is a portion for rare items. If you got the rare item one, then it would spin another wheel determining what rare item you got.

The RoW would increase chances of getting a better rare item on the second wheel.

We don't, however, know what items are "rare" or not, so it's a matter of preference.

icecube7.jpeg

It won't decrease the chances of getting them since it only affects the chances of getting a better rare item.

Here's the source of the roulette wheel theory:

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=375

It's old, but I don't think JaGEx changed how it worked.

icecube7.jpeg