Dark Beast Slaying Guide

qeltar

I've just written and posted on my site an extensive guide to killing dark beasts. It's much too long to duplicate here, but I thought some of you might find it an informative read (although I realize that dark beasts are out of the reach of most players.)

Comments welcomed.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Well nice guide, but still not worthwhile to me. I do have one question though, regarding the use of an Amulet of Fury for fighting with prayer. In this guide you seemed to say using a Prayer Book, losing +11 Slash Attack, +19 Stab Defense and +5 Stength (I assume they use that big horn :P ) but highly recommend against using a God Stole, where you lose +10 Slash Attack, +15 Stab Defense and +8 strength.

Also in your Aviansies guide where you pray and range, you suggest swapping your God Stole for an Amulet of Fury if you need extra Range Attack bonus, while you could use Black D'hide Chaps at the cost of the same prayer bonus for an extra 17 Range Attack bonus instead of the Amulet of Fury's 10 Range Attack Bonus. Better yet you could use a Black D'hide Body, sacrificing one more Prayer bonus for another +13 Range Attack.

Well nice guide, but still not worthwhile to me.

Yes, most people feel the same way. :)

I do have one question though, regarding the use of an Amulet of Fury for fighting with prayer. In this guide you seemed to say using a Prayer Book, losing +11 Slash Attack, +19 Stab Defense and +5 Stength (I assume they use that big horn :P ) but highly recommend against using a God Stole, where you lose +10 Slash Attack, +10 Slash Attack, +15 Stab Defense and +8 strength.

Actually I list the prayer book as an option but the rune defender is the best choice.

Also in your Aviansies guide where you pray and range, you suggest swapping your God Stole for an Amulet of Fury if you need extra Range Attack bonus, while you could use Black D'hide Chaps at the cost of the same prayer bonus for an extra 17 Range Attack bonus instead of the Amulet of Fury's 10 Range Attack Bonus. Better yet you could use a Black D'hide Body, sacrificing one more Prayer bonus for another +13 Range Attack.

Hmm.. interesting point I hadn't considered, thanks. They have poor defence so I almost always just go for all prayer gear and didn't weigh that option.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

wow..simply wow...your dedication never cease to amaze me.

As someone who goes there only on tasks i rather use the quick & simple way rather the chalanging way so if i ever had to write a dark beast slayering guide it would have been something like:

"take prayer & attack & strengh boosting gear, some prayer,strengh and attack pots and one click teleport.

now go down there and smack the *[cabbage]* out of those beasts"

what can i say ,you pretty much covered the subject from all angles.

Few small notes:

1. My personal experience with DDS specs was quite positive

2. Thanks for reminding me the Zammy potions, i completly forgot all about those...

3. Cannon might speed your kills a little bit and,though its a single combat area there will be some moments were the beasts gets into "deadlock" situation when you're standing on a spot where none of them can attack you but you also cant attack back (without moving off the spot).

In this case your cannon will start shooting all around making it even more effective. On the other hand that means 5 slots less...

Anyway,Great guide =D>

Well Mr. Qeltar is back...and with another uber-guide!

Too bad I'm f2p <.<

So I herd You Liek Markip2's?

Barrows Drops: V helm x1, Dh Helm x1

Dragon Drops: 0

Finally finished RFD on 8/30/08!

First one to complete Lumbridge Achievement Diary In World 99 FTW!

markip2.png

3. Cannon might speed your kills a little bit and,though its a single combat area there will be some moments were the beasts gets into "deadlock" situation when you're standing on a spot where none of them can attack you but you also cant attack back (without moving off the spot).

In this case your cannon will start shooting all around making it even more effective. On the other hand that means 5 slots less...

I'm not really sure but wouldn't that get alot of dark beasts on you, since most are safespotted by other beasts and still under attack, they would just mage you?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.