A tough decision (for lack of better description)

RU_Insane

Consider the following situation:

You are level 80 combat and you just purchased full rune, and you wouldn't want anything else in the world. Recently, you have entered your username in a 1,000,000gp RuneScape Lotto on another site. You know the site is legitimate because other winners have proudly shown off their cash winnings on-site and in-game.

To your surprise, a person from the site PMs you and says you have won the lotto. You don't believe at first because you forgot about the whole thing and it sounds like a scam, but then it jogs your memory and you check the site. It's true! You have won the 1,000,000gp lotto.

You start thinking of all the things you can buy. You have never made 1,000,000gp ever in your whole RuneScape career. You and the person who's giving out your prize agree on a date to meet for you to receive your prize.

But there's one problem: In a few days, Jagex's unbalanced trade system will go into effect in January, so that means you won't be able to receive the 1 million GP prize, but if you accept the 1,000,000gp now, Jagex will flag the trade and might wrongly ban you for RWT, which you are not doing.

So what do you do?

Do you accept the 1 million cash prize and take the high risk of being banned, or turn down the offer, and miss out on big cash that you'll probably never see again (But at the same time saving your hide)?

A situation very similar to this happened to me a few days ago, but the prize giver and myself live in different timezones, so we cannot meet with each other in-game upon an agreed time, so the I do not receive the 1 million cash prize anyway.

But I am curious to hear your opinion. :D

Take the 1 mill or leave it?

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I'd leave it because it's not too much money and I could make 1 million coins in a breeze. I only accept money from leg imitate work, which means I would never take a prize. Nothing is really free and if it is, then there is a high chance that it is a scam. :D

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

Absolutely leave it. It isn't worth the risk. Believe me 1 million is not that hard to accomplish. Now 35-50 million may be another thing altogether. But I would still leave it. Having the capability to play is worth much more that 1 million gp.

felter_laur.png

I'd get it. If you're level 80 and your best item is rune, then 1 million's probably a lot to you. If you get banned, you can just calmly explain that it's a gift, and I doubt they would ban you for one instance of an unbalanced trade anyway. You also might want to check the level of the other player, as Jagex would believe you more if you both have a decent levelled account.

MSSW4TI.png