Tip.it Times Presents: Letters to the editor #11

MPM

Hehe ok :lol: It's often that pures have mains, because if you want an 1def pure or rune pure which are pretty good you'll need to start a new account if you want to get the right quests etc without lvling.

Sorry if my post looked a bit like a rant but I'm just still pissed on jagex for ruining the wild :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pks are now being challenged to find out how big RS worlds are.

Um... Not very big in F2P...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I agree with most of what the Times says... but here's my point of view.

I do disagree about what they say about PKing, though.

However it is usually thought that PKing was a really big part in RuneScapes economy, you should not only look at the past and the present, but also try to take a look at the future.

It is wrong to think that RuneScapes economy will crash because of the removal of PKing. Surely, there are people that play RuneScape for PKing alone, but let's put that in perspective, shall we?

As long as RuneScape exists, Combat, Skilling, PKing, Minigames and Questing have existed. That is why RuneScape has such a wide variety of players. Everyone finds something in RuneScape that he/she finds either relaxing, enjoyable, exciting or feasable. As we all know, RuneScape starts with the easy part: finding your way in it. Some start skilling, other ones go enjoy the many parts of the RuneScape world, others train their combat and go PKing.

Now, the reason I've been telling you all this is because I believe that RuneScape has too much to offer for everyone that the used-to-be-PKers can't find anything to do now the Wilderness is gone. It is true that some (and these are mostly pures) only train their combat and go PK with it, but I like to believe that this part of the RuneScape Community is only very small.

You cannot say that RuneScapes economy is based soully on PKers. Yes, they were a big part of the economy, that is right. But have you thought further than that?

Let's find our way in the future.

Here we are, 2008, no wilderness... PKers hardly exist, and if they do, they are at Bounty Hunter. But what do we find? RuneScapes economy hasn't crashed at all! No, instead of vast amounts of people PKing in the Wilderness, we find lots more people in Minigames, or Skilling, or doing the Quests JaGEx use their imagination for!

You see, the way I see it, RuneScape has too much to offer outside PKing. Why would anyone keep ranting about the same thing over and over again, when there are alternatives at least as exciting?

The amount of Slayers, Minigamers, Questers and so on we will get now that the PKers are gone is at least as consuming as the PKers themselves! By the way, not all PKers were just PKers. They also fished Sharks, made pots, and so on. It's fun too, and they know it.

Just please try to see it in perspective. I'm sure JaGEx know what they're doing, they want to benefit out of this game too! It's their way of making cash! :D All I am asking is - try to look at the future instead of living in the past...

Edhilthoniel.

Edhilthoniel.png

Unable to finish what he started. Now he started again ^^

All right! That does it! Where did you hide my pink skirt!