Driving me insane

Noob_Sammich

So as some of you may know (or not), I quit RS a while back but I get on every once in a while to see whats up. I've been hearing a LOT about this whole trade limitations and how is "destroying" RuneScape.

None of you know this, but I'm an editor for the school newspaper. My last article was about what I call "bashers" - people who complain and complain, and do NOTHING to help the situation.

People have been ranting all over the RuneScape forums about how they HATE the latest situation. And they do nothing about it. Except rant.

And it bugs the bajesus out of me.

Any of you feel this way?

Here was the article I wrote for you proof-hungry people.

Naturally as humans, we are entitled to our opinion, whether other people like it or not. But even the right to freedom of speech is limited. Should peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s opinion be limited? Should our opinions be like the right to freedom of speech and be limited to the extent of being offensive? I believe they should, especially when it comes to KlahowyaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s sports and activities.

When the basketball team gets on a good winning streak, we as students of the school want to see our team win. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a natural response. Take last year for example. The basketball team went 12-12 and made it to the third round of the playoffs, where they lost by a single point. But if the team this year does not pick up where they left off last year, we will naturally rag on them, or as I would say, bash them.

Bashers are the people who rag on sports teams for not doing well. What they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take into consideration is if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not doing so well, what can they do to make the team better? Granted we have the right to our opinions in this world, but honestly, keep it to yourself. When people bash sports teams, it only brings the team down even farther than before.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s really annoying having to take the same criticism over and over each day,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Did you ever think that maybe the rants are doing something about it? Jagex surely has people that read this stuff. I know that there are a few intelligent, thoughtful rants that actually offer some suggestions on how to fix this.

You have to realize that as customers, we have a few choices

1. Quit

2. Continue playing regardless

3. Continue playing but also express one's displeasure about the direction the game is heading.

Just like you are ranting about ranting. How hypocritical is that?

felter_laur.png

Did you ever think that maybe the rants are doing something about it? Jagex surely has people that read this stuff. I know that there are a few intelligent, thoughtful rants that actually offer some suggestions on how to fix this.

1. Quit

3. Continue playing but also express one's displeasure about the direction the game is heading.

But your missing his point-just whining about it wont solve anything, aru!

your list should be:

1. Quit

3. Continue playing but also express one's displeasure about the direction the game is heading, and do somthing about it.

And the complaining about people who rant about rants are getting as old as the rants about rants themselves...

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

1. Quit

your list should be:

1. Quit

3. Continue playing but also express one's displeasure about the direction the game is heading, and do somthing about it.

And the complaining about people who rant about rants are getting as old as the rants about rants themselves...

What "something" can we do other than rant?

So as some of you may know (or not), I quit RS a while back but I get on every once in a while to see whats up. I've been hearing a LOT about this whole trade limitations and how is "destroying" RuneScape.

None of you know this, but I'm an editor for the school newspaper. My last article was about what I call "bashers" - people who complain and complain, and do NOTHING to help the situation.

People have been ranting all over the RuneScape forums about how they HATE the latest situation. And they do nothing about it. Except rant.

And it bugs the bajesus out of me.

Any of you feel this way?

Here was the article I wrote for you proof-hungry people.

Naturally as humans, we are entitled to our opinion, whether other people like it or not. But even the right to freedom of speech is limited. Should peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s opinion be limited? Should our opinions be like the right to freedom of speech and be limited to the extent of being offensive? I believe they should, especially when it comes to KlahowyaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s sports and activities.

When the basketball team gets on a good winning streak, we as students of the school want to see our team win. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a natural response. Take last year for example. The basketball team went 12-12 and made it to the third round of the playoffs, where they lost by a single point. But if the team this year does not pick up where they left off last year, we will naturally rag on them, or as I would say, bash them.

Bashers are the people who rag on sports teams for not doing well. What they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take into consideration is if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not doing so well, what can they do to make the team better? Granted we have the right to our opinions in this world, but honestly, keep it to yourself. When people bash sports teams, it only brings the team down even farther than before.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s really annoying having to take the same criticism over and over each day,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I'm talking about people who rant to Jagex..

I'm all for the update.

I think it's about time they actually did something about it...

How can I possibly be a hypocrite about this...?

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

All these types of posts do is to further prove that we can't appreciate what we've begged for.

Somehow, I'm a lot more willing to believe that the players arguing against RWT/bots enjoyed the argument more instead of an actual solution.

You make a good point, though. If people are going to complain, at least let them present their ideas in a constructive manner, instead of acting like a damn martyr.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

1. Quit

your list should be:

1. Quit

What "something" can we do other than rant?

^Thread owned.

untitled-1.png

Ranting can be so much more than letting your frustrations out. If read by Jagex people, it can used as a tool to improve the game.

Think about it in terms of leadership. Why would you want to surround yourself with a bunch of people that are going to always agree with you? To person or even team of people is going to be perfect. You want to have several different angles. I think I may have been in my first reaction to the original poster. I apologize for that.

Ranting for the sake of ranting is not constructive, but complaining about a problem and offering suggestions can totally improve the situation.

felter_laur.png

Jagex is not my highschool football team. It is a company that owns a game that I pay for, and now they have made significant changes to this game that, in my opinion, make the game unplayable. I'm quite pissed about this, and I'd rather let Jagex know about my feelings so they could maybe make changes to these updates. If you don't like the rants, then don't read then. :roll:

I'm talking about people who rant to Jagex..

I'm all for the update.

I think it's about time they actually did something about it...

How can I possibly be a hypocrite about this...?

You're ranting about people who rant about the updates. :wall:

Naturally as humans, we are entitled to our opinion, whether other people like it or not. But even the right to freedom of speech is limited. Should peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s opinion be limited? Should our opinions be like the right to freedom of speech and be limited to the extent of being offensive? I believe they should

:shock:"Limit offensive opinions"?!

A)How does one define offensive? Offensive to you? Offensive to me? In opposition to one's party?? Criticizing the actions of this party? IF the limiting of opinions(which is essentially the limiting for free speech) was allowed, corrupt politicians could twist it to suit their own means.

B)How do you plan to control these opinions? Mind-control? Unlike freedom of speech, opinions are essentially a mental element..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Naturally as humans, we are entitled to our opinion, whether other people like it or not. But even the right to freedom of speech is limited. Should peopleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s opinion be limited? Should our opinions be like the right to freedom of speech and be limited to the extent of being offensive? I believe they should

:shock:"Limit offensive opinions"?!

A)How does one define offensive? Offensive to you? Offensive to me? In opposition to one's party?? Criticizing the actions of this party? IF the limiting of opinions(which is essentially the limiting for free speech) was allowed, corrupt politicians could twist it to suit their own means.

B)How do you plan to control these opinions? Mind-control? Unlike freedom of speech, opinions are essentially a mental element..

+1, wtf

karlpetter.gif