Keris vs. Whip

Le_Fay

While doing this last quest I was wondering if I should use the Keris or not. (I ended up not)

But now I am curious on if I should or shouldn't use it for Slayer tasks.

I'm 99 Attack and Strength so I just (instinctively) grab the Whip and go. Does the Keris only have the rare 'x3 hit' or is there a real reason to use it?

kosoffmisthillspx3.jpg

^ Blog

I personally think that whip is slightly better then a keris. Mainly the point of a keris is to hit very high due to the special, but unfortunately its very rare that you get one of those special hits. Im not sure about speed but I believe whip is faster, also that it hits harder overall.

randomkcopyq.png

Whip wins, why?:

-Keris can only be used in kalphites

-It's very rare to get one of the special hits (when your hit gets multiplied by 3)

-Whip can hit often 18s, 19s and 20s, so in theory you would kill the monster faster with whip

That's why whip is better ^^

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Keris is only useful when fightning Kalphites, as it seems to get a boost and hits well above what it should, even when not using the spec. In all other instances, a whip is far, far superior to Keris.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Keris is useful when fighting Kalphites and Scabarites (Scarab lancers, mages etc). The Keris doesn't have any "special" like the dragon weapons but it can make a critical hit on Kalphites and Scabarites. You can also apply weapon poison to it to make it more effective.

If you compare the attack bonuses of the Keris to the Whip, then the Whip is overall better when used in typical melee combat situations.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)