Is it legal ? ( NoScript for FF problem )

MC_Kejml

Well, yesterday I've decided to install some brand new security addons for my FF, and noticed a strange thing. The F2p ads just vanished and can't be brought back :/

I dunno, have they disabled them or is it just by the NoScript? If so, why can't I bring them back ?

Ty

-K

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

The point of NoScript is to get rid of ads....

Unless you really think that you not viewing ads will make a difference just keep NoScript on, it isn't illegal.

Sorry to nit pick but your wrong.

RuneScape's rule 15 states

You must not deliberately block or hide the adverts which appear above the free version of our game.
So yes by hiding the ads you are breaking the rules, but it is nearly impossible for Jagex to find out if your blocking them.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The point of NoScript is to get rid of ads....

Unless you really think that you not viewing ads will make a difference just keep NoScript on, it isn't illegal.

Sorry to nit pick but your wrong.

RuneScape's rule 15 states

You must not deliberately block or hide the adverts which appear above the free version of our game.
So yes by hiding the ads you are breaking the rules, but it is nearly impossible for Jagex to find out if your blocking them.

What I meant is there's a difference between a silly little game rule and an actual law. I meant that it isn't actually illegal to use an ad blocker.

It is 'technicly' against the rules though for runescape, not like anyone pays attention or they have a way of catching you though.

They won't find out. The rule is there to make naive people allow their ads.

Besides, you're not doing it deliberately are you? so it's legal..

"You must not deliberately block or hide the adverts which appear above the free version of our game."

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

They won't find out. The rule is there to make naive people allow their ads.

Besides, you're not doing it deliberately are you? so it's legal..

"You must not deliberately block or hide the adverts which appear above the free version of our game."

Installing NoScript is 'deliberately' blocking them. You made the choice to install NoScript, which is specifically made to block flash content and flash ads. You have made the choice to block them regardless of whether you acknowledge it was specifically for ads or not.

There really isn't any legal argument behind it. The data is on your machine at the time the page is rendered and you're free to manipulate that as you wish. Yes it can hurt ad revenue for websites and yes there is a moral boundary there for some people. If people wish to install it and block advertising, so be it, it isn't up to other people to make that decision for them.

Maybe if they had CLEAN ADS then people wouldn't mind but I hear that the flash ones and the ones that say you got a trojan and need to download this program to clean is just retarted.

I heard they had some 18+ ads sometimes. It's pathetic. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER!

So do it.

Whats it mater if he uses it or not I say. They wont find out :S

And if you want to give Runescape its ad-revenue, Then (this only works with AdBlock Plus) Then simply select allow ads from this domain.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

Installing NoScript is 'deliberately' blocking them. You made the choice to install NoScript, which is specifically made to block flash content and flash ads. You have made the choice to block them regardless of whether you acknowledge it was specifically for ads or not.

Is it? Perhaps you made the choice to install NoScript for different reasons, with as side effect that RuneScape's ads are gone, you wouldn't be "deliberately removing RS' ads" but just "trying to make your browser safer" or something like that?

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)