Now I understand the need to Eliminate RWT

seraphiii

...And I understand how this was going to take a toll on the players regardless of the path they chose. But for those of you unwilling or unable to the pkers, stakers and merchants. Think like this. Skills are now restricted, nobody can gain more than 3k exp per 15 minutes, and now more than 3k gold from said skills. Would that not aggravate you? Think about it.

Back to my rant. Maybe you folks should consider the repercussions this had on the history of runescape. The wilderness was intented, created and portrayed as this evil place of zamorak where players have the ability to kill one another. The land destroyed through wars of old, and the old days of Zaros passed.

What became of this history? Most people may not care, but, History was one of the many aspects of the game I loved. I don't approve of the restriction of freedoms either, but frankly, the history peeves me more. Jagex has proven it is willing to rip out parts of it's own created game to save itself money.

I would post this on the runescape forums rant, but my membership, like many others, ran out. My IGN is Narasumas1, but dont expect to see me on. I cant wait to see what Jagex decides after realising the erasure of their own well created history.

Narasumas1.png

Banks: If you don't restrict your game to stop credit card fraud through membership fees bought by gold farmers, we will block all funds going to your bank accounts. We'll also sue you for being an accessory to credit fraud.

Jagex: BUT IF WE REMOVE DA WILDERNES, DEN ARE GAMEZ WILL B CORUPT LOLZ

Banks: ....I see your point. Carry on then.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Banks: If you don't restrict your game to stop credit card fraud through membership fees bought by gold farmers, we will block all funds going to your bank accounts. We'll also sue you for being an accessory to credit fraud.

Jagex: BUT IF WE REMOVE DA WILDERNES, DEN ARE GAMEZ WILL B CORUPT LOLZ

Banks: ....I see your point. Carry on then.

I understand what you're saying, however, I am not one who suggests we revert to pre 12/10/07, I instead am one who suggests a compromise, allowing history and the elimination of RWT. And yes, there is one. There always is a third option.

Narasumas1.png

I, personally, believe we could've compromised by Jagex putting in the old wilderness, but that player kills there act the same as any other death, with the gravestone system.

We could do that and keep the new wilderness minigames as a way so those who want to fight for loot can still do it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I, personally, believe we could've compromised by Jagex putting in the old wilderness, but that player kills there act the same as any other death, with the gravestone system.

We could do that and keep the new wilderness minigames as a way so those who want to fight for loot can still do it.

And the "safe duelers" that used the edge to "PK" would complain as much as they do now.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Anyone read that one guys idea on a new use for thieving? Robbing graves. Assuming they added this to the game, it would open the doors for more skills to effect player killing. Sounds like more of a utopia than before to me. Of course, then, PKers would be required to skill. But it would still give thieving a reasonable use.

Narasumas1.png

Since it is a game, I suppose that history can change. There are still parts of the wilderness that you can kill other players. The system may not be perfect, but they said that they were going to develop a better system.

I personally would rather have a Runescape with an underdeveloped PKing system than no Runescape at all.

felter_laur.png

... You haven't played the Warcraft games before have you? :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I personally would rather have a Runescape with an underdeveloped PKing system than no Runescape at all.

I can agree to that. However, there were other options than the one they chose. Regardless of what they did, they couldnt make everyone happy, but wouldnt it have made more sense to simply restrict what you can wear in the wilderness to only what you are capable of wearing, remove gravestones in the wilderness, and disallow the taking of any more than 3k coins, or any non-combat related items (Such as random logs, arrowheads, bars, Phats, etc.). Then add the three minute restriction for whenever you kill anyone, and keep the size reduced wilderness. It would be the old wilderness, with the restriction made to Bounty Hunter, saving us from RWT, as well as allowing the killing of skillers, and not purely teaming, 1 iteming and the like.

Regardless, this is off topic. I would rather have a game with it's history, freedom and opportunity intact than a game without, any game without these should not be considered a 'Game' but a dictatorship one can choose to be part of that happens to take the form of a Game.

The fact of the matter is, they erased a mjor part of the history of runescape, and ever if they change it to match the changes, it makes distinctly less sense in this fantasy world.

Narasumas1.png