RWT Updates From a F2Per's Point of View

chariot

In the past month, JaGeX has taken some drastic steps in order to completely purge runescape of real world traders and bots. Sadly, these updates caused serious collateral damage to the gameplay. Specifically, these updates hit f2pers harder then members (which i'll explain in a minute). The updates fall into one of two categories:

1) Wilderness Updates (shinkage of wild, Reverents, Bounty Hunter, tombstones, PvP over PvNPC )

or

2) Trading/Marketplace Updates (Grand Exchange, Drop Trade Elimination, 3k trading cap)

When the wilderness was shrunk by around 60%, it made wildy training much harder. For free players (especially higher-lvls), the wilderness is a treasure trove of med and high lvl monsters with relatively few people around (f2p Greaters, Chaos Dwarves, Ice and Moss Giants). With a much smaller wilderness in conjuction with the older PvP over PvNPC update, wildy training has become much more difficult. This update, along with the reverents mentioned below, makes runite mining, one of the most profitable ways to skill in f2p, much more difficult.

After taking a lot of the PKing aspect out of the wildy, JaGeX decided to ensure the wilderness's danger by creating Reverents. They are monsters who function like pkers, with a couple differences. 1, They can teleblock in f2p (which even members cannot do anymore with the introduction of Bounty Hunter); 2, they can also freeze, (which f2pers also cannot do); 3, From what i've heard, they drop very little or nothing (unlike an actual pker using freeze spells and teleblock); 4, they can heal themselves with seemingly no limit (again, members can heal with sharks and Lunar Mage, but no such thing for f2ps); and 5, but i've heard they f2pers have been poisoned by Reverents.

Now on the Wilderness substitute, Bounty Hunter. Its goal was to create a minigame mimicking pking where skill and talent were rewarded. Instead, we ended up with a game where the number of people on your team and the number of people on your team are rewarded. Because of the no tele rule and auto skull, the so-called 'penalties' for killing a non-target are null and void. No one gonna attack a red skulled person if he/she has 10 other teammates around them.

The tombstones were the last nail in the F2P pking coffin. They make a joke out of any wilderness death, as the player can just come back to pick up his/her stuff. Now, I'm not a pker, nor have i ever been, but i do have respect for players who are able to get kills in the free wild. Tombstones changed all that, and basically eliminated danger from the wildy (save for Bounty Hunter)

The first major market update was the Grand Exchange. This update was terrible, as in it JaGeX decided to determine the market values of all runescape items, instead of letting the free market determine them. This hurt a lot of players who had items that went down in value according to their value in the GE.

Drop trade elimination was a good idea.

The no unbalanced trade/3k over 15 minutes market update (or in my opinion, downgrade) was quite possibly the worst update ever. First off, the 3k over 15 minutes is a joke. With members, it can go up to 30k, which is still a joke. Unlike members, F2P has very, very few high value items that can be obtained as drops or mined, wc, etc,. (rune full from Greaters and Runite ore are the best we've got) For any f2p who wants to get a wearable rare, they are going to have to market to get that kind of money. Oh...wait, if I buy let's say an easter, then try to sell it for more, I can't do that, because of my 3k trade cap. So as long as this update is in place, very few rares are going to change hands, and probably none to free players. And, since the balanced/unbalanced trade is based on JaGeX' s GE prices, no one in runescape has any say anymore into what the items they buy and sell are worth. For example, if JaGeX decided 'steel bars shoulkd be worth 800 gp ea, not 580 gp each', then anyone who wanted to buy steels would have to pay an extra 220 gp per bar, or only be able to purchase a couple bars.

This concludes my rant. Feel free to comment, or mention something I missed, just don't flame or agrue a point without having good reasons to back it up.

xchariotx.png

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."-Martin Luther King

"The Kingdom of God is anarchy"-Nicolas Berdyaev

My advice to F2P'ers that can't handle it would be to P2P. :?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Better yet, they should quit.

Poisoning in F2P? Isn't that one of Members' features? What happens when they get poisoned in F2P? "You must be a Member to get poisoned" appears in the chatbox?

Better yet, they should quit.

Poisoning in F2P? Isn't that one of Members' features? What happens when they get poisoned in F2P? "You must be a Member to get poisoned" appears in the chatbox?

LOL !!!

But really, I haven't been in the Wilderness for a while, though what I've heard is that PKing is completely destroyed.

Revenants must NOT be able to TB, because TB was p2p only feature. Revenants must NOT be able to freeze for more than 2 seconds, because this is how long the Bind lasted, and lastly but not least, they MUST NOT be able to poison, because antipoisons are p2p-only features !

I agree with Unoalexi,

What the hell Jagex, what the hell...

To purfishx:

I do not intend to flame so don't take it as flaming.

I think a lot of f2p players would better quit than join p2p, because I believe it isn't better in p2p than f2p. In BH-p2p you can die in a matter of seconds yea ? Well at least in f2p you can try to tank and run, because you won't be Blitzed Tangled and DDS'ed.

I shall go to BH-f2p (I'm f2p) and try to stay alive as long as i can, in this week.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

With all those "great" updates, some skills in f2p is ever more harder to train then it was. I'm talking about prayer and runecrafting. Air running has died, so no fast (which was slow -.- ) xp. And for prayer, the bone yard is gone, so now as prices of bones are so high, prayer is slower then it was! <.< And even Bone yard wasn't used so much, but still it was the only cheap way for f2p!

i like the updates, and the 3k limit havent touched me because i dont do rwt!!! like alot people who is mad over 3k limit!!! And about is someone wants to borrow, then jagex have a solution soon with a new borrowing system bringing back items when one logs out

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

i like the updates, and the 3k limit havent touched me because i dont do rwt!!! like alot people who is mad over 3k limit!!!

The point is we can't give gifts to our friends (gave 15k willows to one myself), and we can't have private drop-parties (lots of fun).

RWTers? They just change the game! Why would they complain?

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

Yes, f2p got screwed over by these updates, although everyone else did too.

However, they also got a duel arena, which is nice even if you can't win much money staking. Clan wars was also f2p, an unexpected suprise. Bh doesn't deserve a mention because, to be compleatly honest, it sucks.

So look at it this way; with the good comes the bad. The wilderness is lost and the pking that we know and love is destroyed, but we got some other stuff in return. Although the 3k limit... :wall: :wall: :wall: .

I guess I agree with the rant :-k

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

1. Rune ore is easier to get now as revenants are easier to run from.

2. As f2p I have made nearly 30 million from GE trading

3. Never pked - so dont mind about BH etc

4. Extra bank spaces so now have tinderboxes etc to hand

5. Prayer is easier as it is easy to buy bones

6. RC is too hard but prayer is easier so balance is achieved

Im loving it

1. agreed, although the revenants are p2p based which sux

2. merching in GE is possible, but u lost the freedom and creativity

3. agreed with that

4. agreed with that too, love the new bankspace <3:

5. there were tons of ppl selling the bones in world 1 so i didnt actually got

that much easier. they just became more expensive cuz of the new

prayers and that price was set in GE.. so no improvement

6. RC has always been hard, and the little profit from airs was the only

benefit.. i guess you should use them yourself for mage? idk

generally i dont love it :cry:

Fainted.gif

F2P needs anti-poisons, as well as a new, 1337, tele-block-block spell.

Amen brother!

On a serious note I have seen a low level guy at the GE who was poisoned, does it carry over from P2p if you log out? and if so why go over to F2p and stand around to die?

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.