Gold Farmers Revenge

joker202

The gold farmers are in a position to really hurt the runescape economy. I'm sure they have several accounts with billions of gp on them.

What would happen if they bought up all the rares and just dropped them?

Lets discuss this.

The gold farmers are in a position to really hurt the runescape economy. I'm sure they have several accounts with billions of gp on them.

Lets discuss this.

They have no reason to do that. :?

Palas1.png

discuss as dumbest post ever?

Any goldfarmer with enough money to buy phats, is not going to drop them:s he would be dropping about 1000$ if not more.

Plz, the next time you have a nightmare, drink some hot coco or something

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Question:

Lets discuss this.

Answer:

Any goldfarmer with enough money to buy phats, is not going to drop them:s he would be dropping about 1000$ if not more.

Seriously mate, use your brain here on this one.

Isnt the main purpose of a gold farmer to gather all the RS money they can and make real money by selling it?

O ok, so I was correct, but wait, whats that you say?

So you say they can no longer do these trades thanks to the recent updates. Well then, wouldnt logic tell you that they would much rather just try to sell the account then to just buy and item and drop it and waste the hundreds of hours they spent raising it in hopes of gaining real money?

Ya, my monies on that.

Your real threat would be old school / rich / really ticked off players buying rares and alching or dropping them before / as they quit.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Question:

Lets discuss this.

Answer:

Isnt the main purpose of a gold farmer to gather all the RS money they can and make real money by selling it?

So you say they can no longer do these trades thanks to the recent updates. Well then, wouldnt logic tell you that they would much rather just try to sell the account then to just buy and item and drop it and waste the hundreds of hours they spent raising it in hopes of gaining real money?

Ya, my monies on that.

Your real threat would be old school / rich / really ticked off players buying rares and alching or dropping them before / as they quit.

i dont really see any harm in that either. its a choice. its just going to raise the rarity of those items. of course it could play hell with the rares market. but thats unlikely.

[hide=My ramblings]

Question:

Lets discuss this.

Answer:

Ya, my monies on that.

i dont really see any harm in that either. its a choice. its just going to raise the rarity of those items. of course it could play hell with the rares market. but thats unlikely.

[/hide]

Agreed, as I stated, his point that he is trying to make will really never happen. However, for some odd reason I tried to put the most realistic spin on it possible.

Also, lest ye not forget. If these players are quitting im sure they wouldn't give half a rats rear how the left the rares economy of a game im sure they have no intention of returning too. :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

If I was a vengeful gold farmer I wouldnt mess with rares but all the lower cost items, make it so the GE getting totally messed up.

Buy all the resources up and sell lower and lower and make bots and have them sell the resources lower till the market and items are worthless.

Sirhappy2002.png

[hide=My ramblings]
Question:

Lets discuss this.

Answer:

Ya, my monies on that.

[/hide]

Agreed, as I stated, his point that he is trying to make will really never happen. However, for some odd reason I tried to put the most realistic spin on it possible.

Also, lest ye not forget. If these players are quitting im sure they wouldn't give half a rats rear how the left the rares economy of a game im sure they have no intention of returning too. :wink:

Gold farmers with money to buy phats, will train their accounts more, maybe sell it for big cash. They'ld rather wait till they found a hole in the system, which they can abuse to sell their gp for money.

It's their job to gain money, so why buy phats with the gp they are supposed to sell, and then eventually DROP the phat?

U might be trying to give it a realistic twitch, but even then it's still far from happening.

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

Is this a serious question? If so, the simple answer is, they would have absolutely no reason to. It's like one of those whatt if's which would never happen.

So because there isn't much discussion value here, locked.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

How many gold farming accounts have 100m+ in one account? By now probably very few to make any difference if that were to happen (unlikely, they don't care about the game).

Edit:assassin_696 locked this while I was posting, but I agree, there really is not much to discuss.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art