Nice training spots in the chaos tunnels

Turtle_GS

I was exploring the chaos tunnels today and noticed some nice training spots. Lots of spots for common training monsters, and some new spots.

This first one seems like a really good spot for bursting or using chinchompas. Lots of monks of zamorak here. A lot of monks went on top of each other, especially next to me so there are more than you can see in the image.

EDIT: kingwhitedragon pointed out that you can't use cannons here.

[hide]

croppedmonksus7.png

[/hide]

Unfortunately the portal to this next one wouldn't open, so the picture is pretty bad. You can still see the giant rock crabs in the next area. I think they're pretty popular because the entrance room I went to contained rock crabs, and there were about 15 high leveled people in that one room training on them. This spot is a ton less crowded, though harder to access than that one.

EDIT: They are really weak to magic, and seem to drop a lot of charms. Three kills got me a 10 gold drop and a 10 green drop, so they're good for mage exp and charms.

[hide]

croppedrockcrabsvf7.png

[/hide]

Here's a room for dust devils, without the smokey well effect. You could probably go to another room and use guthan's set effect to heal here, or just kill them normally.

[hide]

croppeddustdnd2.png

[/hide]

Another fire giant spot... (portal was locked here too).

[hide]

croppedfiregiantssk3.png

[/hide]

Black demon safespot. Not that special.

[hide]

croppedblackdemonqh9.png

[/hide]

Finally, a dagganoth spot. I died here as you can see, so my exploration ended there :? .

[hide]

croppeddagganothsml0.png

[/hide]

I'm glad Jagex gave us some decent spots in this new dungeon, instead of it becoming like so many others in this game. The spot with all the zamorak monks seems really nice for chinchompas and stuff too. I wonder if this dungeon will have many other good training spots, since I could only explore a bit.

Finally, if you find any other good new spots, feel free to post them in this thread.

Trip Two

I went on another trip, this time with Phycopathic didn't discover too much, and saw a lot of the same places. However, I learned some useful things about the dungeon.

1. Going somewhere with a team isn't too reliable because you might get seperated by the rogue portals.

2. The seperate entrances can be reached by going through the tunnels.

I also noticed that the rock crab place from before was pretty close to the entrance.

The new "tool monsters"

[hide]

cropspadeaxlf0.png

[/hide]

Dust devil spot also means you can use the black mask on them now

Actually I think they reduce your stats when you're fighting them without the mask.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Oh, you have to use the facemask against them regardless.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=1933

^ Have a read at that near where the dustdevils are.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

got new info.

anyway gr8 trainings spot there. green drags ftw \'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

good spots some of them and its nece to see that in your last pic the person talking in the blogs is a complete sado

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

and watch out for those Chaos portals, they can be quite an annoyance :x <.< -.-

[hide]

mychaostunnelfollykm8.png[/hide]

Wow, bad luck. At least you got your stuff back. :D

Yea, because loosing 13m isn't what I'd call fun <.< But it does give great proof of the Angel of Death tomb is worth it and that a simple anti-fire shield is needed to survive down there.

soulthresher.png