Pledge of alligiance & TV commercial brainwashing stats?

JimiWasGod

hey, im curious about tv commercials "brainwashing" the youth of america. Im also curious about the pledge of allegiance and if it also brainwashes kids?

i dont have a stance on these issues, im just curious about them, if ne1 has ne good articles or numbers about either of these things please paste links here. thx.

hdilsig9jk.png

Army commercials do, kinda. Not really "brain washing", more than playing to childrens interest. All army commercials represent the people as "heros" and lots of them even show it as a video game. Since when is being in the Army a video game.

Army commercials do, kinda. Not really "brain washing", more than playing to childrens interest. All army commercials represent the people as "heros" and lots of them even show it as a video game. Since when is being in the Army a video game.

Well do you expect them to make it look like a terrible experience? You could say coke are brainwashing people because they make their drink look like it tastes nice - they're hardly going to use "drink coke, and kiss goodbye to your teeth" as their slogan, are they?

To the threads starter: i'm not sure what exactly you're hoping to find out. What numbers are you looking for?

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Guest GhostRanger

Well do you expect them to make it look like a terrible experience? You could say coke are brainwashing people because they make their drink look like it tastes nice - they're hardly going to use "drink coke, and kiss goodbye to your teeth" as their slogan, are they?

To the threads starter: i'm not sure what exactly you're hoping to find out. What numbers are you looking for?

Well yes, you could say that Coke commercials brainwash their viewers. All advertisements in essence are a form of brainwashing. Is your point to dispute that?

On topic:

No I don't think the Pledge brainwashes kids. Its a patriotic chant that you don't have to say. For those who choose to during their youth, we give them the opportunity to say it every morning. I love this opportunity to re-pledge myself to my country but there are also lots of kids who don't participate.

Its not like we make kids say it?

lol, brainwashing. No, the pledge cant brainwash you, it only is a pledge of allegience to the country you live in. Hardly anyone pays much attention to it when it is said in class (probably because we are all tired though :lol: )

lope6jw0.jpg

Commercials aren't designed to brainwash you. They're designed to bombard you with an idea so much that it becomes part of your subconscious and it influences you involuntarily.

The pledge is called propaganda :) And contrary to popular belief, the negative context of the word isn't part of its true definition.

the pledge is just a repeated thing you're FORCED to hear everyday, look up brainwashing, you'll see what i mean.

If you're being forced to hear the pledge, you should sue your school. That's illegal last time I checked.

Guest GhostRanger
Commercials aren't designed to brainwash you. They're designed to bombard you with an idea so much that it becomes part of your subconscious and it influences you involuntarily.

What do you think brainwashing is then? If something influences you involuntarily...hmm...

You attempted, but failed, to argue my point... Coke makes their product looks cool, and doesn't list the bad points. Army commercials make being in the army look fun. There is a big difference between not telling people that you have a chance of your teeth decaying if you dont brush your teeth enough, and making the army look like a video game.

You attempted, but failed, to argue my point... Coke makes their product looks cool, and doesn't list the bad points. Army commercials make being in the army look fun. There is a big difference between not telling people that you have a chance of your teeth decaying if you dont brush your teeth enough, and making the army look like a video game.

Can't say i've ever seen the Army use video games in their recruiting adverts, but fair enough, i can see your point.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

You have to brain-wash people, or simply hide the truth, to get them to do pretty much anything.

Noone would join the army if their commercials were scenes from battle. Noone wants to die. People going into service fully expect to run it, shoot a few people, and come home, because of commercials and whatnot.

Noone would drink Coke if they knew it can disolve a tooth in 12 hours if you leave it in it. I just did it with my wisdom tooth I got removed, lol. It was pretty much gone in 12 hours, in 24 there was nothing but coke. Poor tooth. :P

Noone would drink Coke if they knew it can disolve a tooth in 12 hours if you leave it in it. I just did it with my wisdom tooth I got removed, lol. It was pretty much gone in 12 hours, in 24 there was nothing but coke. Poor tooth. :P

So what? That's totally irrelevant. I can't remember the last time I sat with coke in my mouth for 12 hours non stop.

It's like saying no one would drink water if they knew that if you drank far too much it would poison you. Whilst it may be true it has totally zero bearing on reality.

Guest GhostRanger

Can't say i've ever seen the Army use video games in their recruiting adverts, but fair enough, i can see your point.

You've never seen the commericals for the Army that start off showing a video game for what looks like a Korean guerilla warfare game?

You've never seen the commericals for the Army that start off showing a video game for what looks like a Korean guerilla warfare game?

Advert for the American army? He's from England, I don't think that's the American Army's target market.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

So what? That's totally irrelevant. I can't remember the last time I sat with coke in my mouth for 12 hours non stop.

It's like saying no one would drink water if they knew that if you drank far too much it would poison you. Whilst it may be true it has totally zero bearing on reality.

I drink a litre of water every day!! AHHHHH!

of course their not, can you imagine trying to kiss your own teeth :D

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Guest GhostRanger

Advert for the American army? He's from England, I don't think that's the American Army's target market.

I don't know where he's from. Its in response to what he said about never having "seen the Army use video games in their recruiting adverts."

I guess you can't read?

You also seem to spam. Stoppit.

Let me rephrase...

I drink a litre of water almost every day, I do this so I wont suck down pop and save money(it actually does, pop=1$, water=0$). I never have heard of being poisioned from water(unless you're drinking water straight from a pond or something..), is there a certain ammount you actually have to drink?

Or does it have to do with something about the water quality?