The Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide - UPDATED

unorclan

Should always wear monk robes, twisted bird and explorer's ring to maximize your prayer, especially if you're a low prayer level.

Gravite rapier, gravite shortbow and mith+ arrows should be the only weapons you should bring with you.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should always wear monk robes, twisted bird and explorer's ring to maximize your prayer, especially if you're a low prayer level.

Gravite rapier, gravite shortbow and mith+ arrows should be the only weapons you should bring with you.

Extra pray bonus isn't really needed. Pretty much everyone in f2p wears rc robes for the slight extra mage bonuses, plus they're light and no negative offense. Personally, I wear zealots ammy which has negative pray and still only ever run out of pray while I'm hunting a pro house hugger who can milk 2k+ charges against me, in which case there's a good chance I'll lose anyways. I'm pretty sure necklace slot items are under 1kg weight, so you could bring multiples without making yourself too heavy.

Along with the rapier and bow I also bring a g2h just to be able to pop off 300s in a clinch, but it isn't as important.

But you just said earlier that bonuses don't matter in FOG since the opponent is reduced to nearly no defense.

Magic's max hit doesn't go anywhere above 184 with all your pimped out gear (gravite staff, arcane blast necklace) no matter what the mage level is, so why even bother with mage bonuses?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

But you just said earlier that bonuses don't matter in FOG since the opponent is reduced to nearly no defense.

Magic's max hit doesn't go anywhere above 184 with all your pimped out gear (gravite staff, arcane blast necklace) no matter what the mage level is, so why even bother with mage bonuses?

Yes, but no other good offensive stat boosting armour is light weight.

inb4noclothes!!11

Killhim9612.png

Att/def bonuses do still matter somewhat, but definitely are heavily reduced the closer you are to the center. I can use my g2h on slash (-4 att) in the center against full rune and still be pretty accurate.

Wearing the rc robes are more just to wear something instead of having default clothes. 90+% of matches I won't mage at all (since range and melee are way better dps), so if I did regularly run out of pray points I'd probably wear monks instead. Rc robes are also 1kg and under for each piece with no negative bonuses. Compared with ~12kg for dhide chaps and body with negative mage attack and even worse for rune its easy to pick which I'd rather wear.

• 1 month later...

Great guide!

But you should mention that most f2p players (and maybe some p2p, I've only played fog f2p) play fog for the free mage xp, so you should prepare to face magics primarly.

Some Member Tips would have been nice too. :rolleyes:

9/10