The Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide - UPDATED

unorclan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add a few tips:

I myself got in the top 100 during the first week (made 4m off zerkers too hehe :P) and I was a level 60 F2P with 0 PvP experience! (I didn't use ranged or magic either, melee was everything)

Tip 1: Save your orb

Once I was level 60, going up against a level 126... I was toast :)

But I decided not to use my teleport orb during my hunted move, and it payed off, when he did the edgy I teleported too, now the trick with the arrow also works the other way, cause either he thought that arrow was over him, or he didn't notice it, and pretty soon I saw a little yellow "WTF?" come from the middle of the crowd, I beat him 4k to 1k, he never used a bandage, or a prayer, and I got 43 points :D

Tip 2: Righthanders are predictable

Righthanded people prefer to push a mouse a specific way, I haven't played in a while, but this results in 1 out of 4 cases going... (I think it was clockwise) because of the ease of starting off one way.

If you suspect wallhugging, go the other way (damnit, I need to remember lol, will do research later) if you are a hunter, then after half a rotation, if you havent seen him, head the other way.

If you are a hunted you want to go the same way as the hunter, which is probably (clockwise?)

The reason people do this is because they prefer pushing (up and right?) and only 2 of the 8 starting points make it go the other way...

Tip 3: Guess who?

Finding out weather you are the hunter or the hunted is a big help, gives you 5 seconds to equip/setup that your opponent doesn't have...

The game doesn't outright tell you which one you are until the 5 second timer is over, but if you are the hunted, there will be a distinct line in the game message window, if you are hunter, not.

I'm sure there are more but I forgot them all lol :P

Excellent guide! :thumbsup:

Although I only tank in the center, since most of the opponents I get are just low-leveled noobs. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 1 month later...

12/9/09

I've begun to start updating the guide. Nothing big has happened today, just done some spelling and grammar corrections, deleted Edgy Abandonment tactic (should have a replacement tactic in by this weekend), deleted the World as a permanent resource, and much more updates are soon to come.

I hope to refine and update all images, shape up all the tactics, add in some suggestions given, and hopefully reorganize so that it's a little easier and user friendly.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

P2P Strategies

Please (if you're willing to give up your secrets) send in your P2P only strategies, tips and tactics to me (unorclan). I'm working to build a good P2P section for each part and me being F2P leaves me in a tight spot. So, if you want, help me out and send in some of your best tips to make this guide even better.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How effective is armour really? At the center of the stone, your abilities are severely weakened that it seems that armour would only serve to bog you down while running around during the match. I can really only see dragonhide during your turn to hunt or monk robes as being useful.

• 4 weeks later...

I like this guide, recently I've been into FoG again.

One thing I'd like to add is that it is possible to teleport right beside your hunter too; it's happened to me twice (out of maybe 5 times) that I appear 4 squares from my hunter after teleporting.

• 4 weeks later...

11,175 ratings thanks to this guide.

Thanks, though, I'd like to add a method of my own.

[hide=Method]

[hide=North rock]

I like this place. It's where most advanced FoG players go to, when in game.

43766147.png

Green and orange dot is where you should stand as hunted. Preferrably orange.

[/hide]

[hide=How?]

56390663.jpg

92074996.jpg

[/hide]

[/hide]

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

/facepalm

this isn't very good

That's just your opinion for god's sake.

Yes, I do not use any of the strategies listed in this guide. But do I think it's a bad guide? No, in fact I think it's good so for me, not everyone in FOG isn't just a pure mager which makes games extremely boring.

For god's sake try to actually be good at FOG before you even comment.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

/facepalm

this isn't very good

That's just your opinion for god's sake.

For god's sake try to actually be good at FOG before you even comment.

Oh. I get it. Rank 2 70- combat foggers who are top 80 in overall fog are bad now. Sorry, I forgot. :( :( :(

Killhim9612.png

Oh. I get it. Rank 2 70- combat foggers who are top 80 in overall fog are bad now. Sorry, I forgot. :( :( :(

You're not on the highscores? :huh:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You're not on the highscores? :huh:

Rsn is I (as in eye) 7ure now. :s

Why don't you make a guide then?

Seriously. Back when I went to FoG a lot, I noticed the best players were like 70 combat rangers. Part of that must be persistence, but still. Always baffled me that a tiny amount of moderately leveled rangers actually made/make up (or seem to) most of the high level FoG-ers.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

*was a quote but failed*

Why don't you make a guide then?

Seriously. Back when I went to FoG a lot, I noticed the best players were like 70 combat rangers. Part of that must be persistence, but still. Always baffled me that a tiny amount of moderately leveled rangers actually made/make up (or seem to) most of the high level FoG-ers. *is a quote but I failed owell*

I have a low level fogger guide that i made for myself and some friends, and I would. But, I don't really feel like updating it ever. ^^ But, if I received enough support/want from people I'd make it.

Killhim9612.png

• 5 months later...

Advising noobs to crowd-hide... :/

Personally I wear full green d'hide, full rune helm, rune scimmy, power ammy, earth staff (because I use earth blast), and fighting boots

Proof that the threadmaker isn't a pro FoGer. You state that armor isn't needed, yet you bring dhide and a piece of rune armor. Armor truly is not needed. Wear (for f2p) full rc robes or monks/wizard (the extra weight of rune/dhide will only drag you down if you have to do any running against a hugger), rune gaunts, leather boots or none (the miniscule def bonus of fighter/colorful boots isn't worth the slight negative mage/range bonus, imo). For weapons, have the best ammo you can use equipped, a fast bow and a scim/rapier melee weapon. A staff is unneeded because you get free runes and can autocast without it.

44+ pray is very important to be able to utilize all 3 protect prayers. Any more generally isn't necessary in f2p, since you'll almost never use 45 pray points in a round. Having a decent level in mage/str/range is also important to be able to tribrid effectively to get around protect prayers. In any pro matchup the ability to be able to switch attack styles and protect prayers is probably the most important factor.

This guide does have some helpful points, but it also has parts that would teach players to be complete noobs.

5/10

------

Seriously. Back when I went to FoG a lot, I noticed the best players were like 70 combat rangers. Part of that must be persistence, but still. Always baffled me that a tiny amount of moderately leveled rangers actually made/make up (or seem to) most of the high level FoG-ers.

A lot of them are 1 def pures made solely to get high ranked on the FoG highscores. Def is much less important in FoG, since when you're hunted your stats are reduced in the center anyways; for f2p, attack past lvl 45 isn't very important for the same reason. Thus, a lvl 70 with 1 def, 45 att/pray and 99 range/str/mage is effectively even, statwise, with a 126.