A general idea for a money sink hole....

I was thinking about how muc money has been coming into the game, and also how many new items that have come out recently. Then it came to me, why not make more bank space buyable? Say 100k per new row? All you would need to do would be to go to an NPC (not sure which one this would be) and pay them, and back space would be added. I know I would buy a row or two.

Comments? (Sorry if this is the wrong forum)

Sounds like an ok idea but they should limit it to 1 or 2 extra row every time the add more bank space in a update. If they actualy implement somthing liek thing they should increase the cost to 1 mil or more for the extra if they can even think about slowing down the amoutn of money coming into the economy

Good idea, but there would need to be a cap on the ammount of rows you can buy, or the database would suffer.

I thought aboutt hat, but who would want to waste a bunch of money for a bunch of empty space? (unless you are uber rich or something)

Wouldn't that kind of ruin the members' privlege of having extra bank room?
I actually meant it to be members only. (why I put it on the General P2P board)

Good idea, but there would need to be a cap on the ammount of rows you can buy, or the database would suffer.

I thought aboutt hat, but who would want to waste a bunch of money for a bunch of empty space? (unless you are uber rich or something)

Wouldn't that kind of ruin the members' privlege of having extra bank room?
I actually meant it to be members only. (why I put it on the General P2P board)

Some people are "uber rich" and giving them teh ability to buy unlimited bank spaces would give they too mcuh of an advantage over other players (more bank spaces is and advantge think about the difference between a members bank space and a f2p players bank space).

The logic is correct but needs an addition to make it as a sink. Like a safety deposit box, the fee would be charged monthly per row. 1 row = 100k per month creating a permanent drain. The more rows wanted to rent the greater the montly expense.

1 row = 100k per month

2 rows = 250k per month

3 rows = 375k per month

etc...

rsmonkeiam7.jpg

monkei has a good point there, but the only people who would buy it would be the ones who are already uber rich and 100k wont really bother them that much.

In my opinion most of the money is coming from fletching and alching. I think the inflow of money needs to be decreased somehow. Some ideas that spring to mind are: increase the price of nats, make it harder to craft nats, make fletching a slower process, make it so you cant craft x2 nats at any level, all of these things would help

What about making high alchemy less effective...

either by

1. letting it transform stuff in less money then it does now.

2. Let there be a chance that high alchemy goes wrong...your item transforms into ashes.

idea 1 is like the same as making a p-hat shop with phats for 1gp each

do you know how many ppl spent millions of gp on bows and nats to high alch?

^^Yeah, and im writing a book about it!^^

Bounty Hunter is nothing more than a lame ass excuse not to say there is no PKing.

I HATE JAGEX!

either by

2. Let there be a chance that high alchemy goes wrong...your item transforms into ashes.

idea 1 is like the same as making a p-hat shop with phats for 1gp each

do you know how many ppl spent millions of gp on bows and nats to high alch?

true, i think my idea is waay better:

make a nat shop. it sells an unlimited amount of nature runes at 380 per.

this way most people will buy from the shop, and it will cause a huge money drain. however, nature crafters will still have no problem to sell their runes for 370 or something per. so actually it wont affect anybody (okay, maybe runecrafters make a loss of +- 30gp per nat, but they are making huge profit anyway so...)

btw, this isnt my idea, it has been suggested before.

This is a good idea, but you limit the amount to 2 rows only. The first row would be 1mill and the second row would be 10mil. It would be open to both f2p and p2p. This would help drain some money and it would give us item collectors a little more space.

either by

(Screams)!!!

Please, JAGeX, if you saw that, don't do it! :) I think bank space will just increase as a member benefit, anyway, as someone posted earlier. Think about it-if quests and new items are constantly being added, isn't it fair to members that we get more space to keep those items?

lpinkus

It very good idea in my mind, cause it promisses very large money drain, but everyone who knows how databases work can say that it will require very large players database modifycations ... anyways, it definitely worth to discuss :)

i think, that to drain, fletching and alchemy random events.

but extra bank space should be billed weekly at like 1mill row/per week for f2p/p2p

1 million for extra space? Too much. Besided, it seems to get added regularly for members free of cost.

By the way, check your sig. "Legends," not "ledgends."

lpinkus

most people think including me kalphite was put in as a money drain aswell as a chain dropper:\ think about it, 1 dose per queen and the amount of damage it does so it was more of an item drain

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.