Self-Sufficiency vs. Bought Skills

Low C

I am pretty much self sufficent. The only thing I buy is the stuff that comes from my kingdom (mainly tree seeds, maples and coal). I do however buy things that dont make much sense in wasting the time collecting. Those things are flax, vials, iron knives, wine of Zamarok, and some summoning items. Being self sufficent helps you get levels in many skills as i have 11 90+ skills.

If all the world is a stage, can someone please get all the clowns off the stage so the performance can begin?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely say I'm part of the self-sufficient group. I used mtk for tree seeds, and did a farming run a day, like you said. I also bought snap seeds, to grow into herbs to use for herblore levels. I catch ALL the food I need, except maybe the occasional shark that I buy from a friend for a kq trip or something (most of which I fish beforehand anyways.)

The only time I spend money on skills is for things like con, and some on smithing recently. I usually get smithing levels from what I mine though. I've wc'ed all my fletching levels, and mtk'd for most of my fm levels. I rc a lot of my runes, and collect my own seconds for herb and summoning. Prayer and crafting I often buy, but sometimes I always save all my dragon bones and hides from my slayer tasks.

Blakdragon39.png

hmm i do both..

For example, im chinning 99 range atm and bought all my chins. But i made all my ppots myself to use to chin with :?

My cooking (53) and fishing (50), and Woodcutting (65) and fletching (68?) are all done by collecting things myself.. it gives more satisfaction doing it yourself :mrgreen: