99 Farming cost?

PuppyKing

Does any one know roughly, how much money it would take to get 99 farming? Is there anyway to make profit? I was thinking about starting farming in between slayer tasks. I am 20k exp till 62 farming at the moment.

Thank you. =D>

It really really depends on what method you choose. It can cost upwards of 100m to get to 99, or you can make a profit. But naturally the expensive method is pretty quick and the method you can use to make a profit is pretty slow.

The fastest way to go about farming would be to plant fruit tree seeds and herbs in between. You can make a profit if you plant "Cash crops" only (herbs like Snapdragons, whiteberries, limpwurt roots, etc.).

But whatever method you choose, expect to spend easily 2 or 3-6 months getting to 99.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah, planting herb seeds and flowers in between yew trees should get you a general profit when you get to 99 farming, but if you plant mage trees, then you lose a lot of money I think.

Thanks Tripsis, I didnt expect you to post. :D

Im going to try it. :)

I post on topics that interest me ;) And ones related to construction, herblore and farming definitely fit in that category!

I'm happy to help! Best of luck!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I use MTK for getting the tree seeds, then they come fairly cheap. When I'm saving up a couple of mills to invest, I use up the trees. I also farm every herb seeds I have in my bank, starting from the highest level ones, for which I use My Arm's patch for guaranteed harvest.

At the moment, I'm "down" to toadflax, but hey, it's better then nothing, as I get all my herb seeds from monster drops only. If you want to buy seeds and make money using ranarrs or snapdragon, I strongly suggest that while you are at the patch, you farm some marigolds as well. These sell for 2k+ instantly on the GE, so it's a nice little bonus for all the patches you're going to visit. And trust me, it's gonna be a lot of them!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I use MTK for getting the tree seeds, then they come fairly cheap. When I'm saving up a couple of mills to invest, I use up the trees. I also farm every herb seeds I have in my bank, starting from the highest level ones, for which I use My Arm's patch for guaranteed harvest.

At the moment, I'm "down" to toadflax, but hey, it's better then nothing, as I get all my herb seeds from monster drops only. If you want to buy seeds and make money using ranarrs or snapdragon, I strongly suggest that while you are at the patch, you farm some marigolds as well. These sell for 2k+ instantly on the GE, so it's a nice little bonus for all the patches you're going to visit. And trust me, it's gonna be a lot of them!

Wow hold up...Marigolds sell for 2K+? Why is that?

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Farming can be a money maker if you so desire. I used MTK for seeds, selling the nests as needed. I would average 35 - 40 tree seeds per week, which if using 5 fruit trees a day would pretty much last a week.

To replenish the funds I would craft air orbs in between slayer tasks. If you make your own materials (nats, molten glass) and buy 64 battlestaffs each day (after Varock Achievement) you make a tidy profit. Air Battlestaffs alch at 9300, the materials cost like 7k. 64 times 2300 is just over 135k per day profit. In 6 days you have over 1 mil to put into MTK which is more than enough.

I planted all tree seeds I got, paying the farmer with saved allotment yields. I did buy pinapple trees from the GE as I found them to have the best cost/exp ratio (somewhere around 9gp/point). I did buy calquat seeds as they are great experience at a nominal cost (now around 23k per seed).

After 99 farm I actually had my bank increase by several mill, so it is not a complete money drain. Work on slayer in between farming runs to earn cash. I stopped allotment farming after level 85 as it is too slow. Stick to herbs and trees for that last 15 levels.

Hmm, why not try growing trees and cash crops and herbs while playing VINESWEEPER! Maybe take a break every now and then to check on the plants to make sure they don't die (really hard if you plant all over the world of runescape). This is a good game for exp or seeds (i perfer exp but heck Im a low farming level anyways :lol: )

If I stayed a member I would have been on it awhile but guess not...anyways good luck on one of the hardest 99s in runescape!

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Wow hold up...Marigolds sell for 2K+? Why is that?

Marigolds are a secondary item for making bull ant pouches.

Duckie_Wins.png

Remember to do the Back to my roots quest, and do the Jade vine thingy every day. Day1 = farming xp, day 2 = slayer xp. Pretty nice for 5 mins of work! And the costs are 0!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...