How will the new graphics affect the clan world?

The Observer

Well, since the release of the second development diary, we get to see more into Jagex's spectacular work on the graphics engine. How will this affect YOUR clan? How do you think this will affect the clan world in general?

j0xPu5R.png

I don't think it will affect the clan world a lot, clan members can just choose between Low/High Detail and the new graphics. However, I think that the full screen mode will be a bit uneasy to war in.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

The buttons at the bottom-right will be tough for those who don't use hotkeys. The zoomed-in view is also a huge limitation in warring. Where I stand right now, I won't use it for warring because it's inefficient. I will use it for regular play.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I don't think it will affect the clan world. The buttons in the bottom right corner is quite a fair distance from the mini map, so I don't think I will use it for warring, but will definitely use it for regular play.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

If it gains wide acceptance, possibly it will impact negatively to clans that actively uses client with inbuilt IRC chat and might increase clan chat usage though.

Warring may be a problem but the fact it is full screen would mean that there might be less lag.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

• 2 weeks later...
If it gains wide acceptance, possibly it will impact negatively to clans that actively uses client with inbuilt IRC chat and might increase clan chat usage though.

Warring may be a problem but the fact it is full screen would mean that there might be less lag.

Lmao, full screen+high detail=less lag.... that's the first time I think I've ever heard that one.

But really, I think full screen would be cool to watch a big war, but would be really impractical to battle.

ma_x_ta.png

[no longer active account]

Currently messing around on PK worlds with my *new* pure.

Lmao, full screen+high detail=less lag.... that's the first time I think I've ever heard that one.

But really, I think full screen would be cool to watch a big war, but would be really impractical to battle.

picture020-1.png

picture047-1.png

That should be enough screenshots for you :mrgreen:

Everyone looks quite nice in High Detail.

The only way to war in HD without too much lag would be if you have both a powerful computer and internet connection.

gladz.png

The high detail graphics are optional so it isn't going to affect clans that much. I'm not going to lie though, warring does look pretty sick in HD.

The only way I've really seen the updates impact clans is the fact that in full screen mode you can't do anything outside of RS (ie., IRC) without having it resized to the regular game window. My clan's been trying to set up a clan chat in RS as a surrogate for IRC for our full screen people but so far that hasn't worked out so well. People who frequent their clan's IRC room have to choose between chatting and full screen 'scaping, I think that's been the biggest thing so far concerning the updates lol.

IRC+full screen is a problem for clans. But meh, we're not the center of Jagex's concerns. Full screen on minigames gets laggy, & recording makes it even worse. I'll use Safe Mode & Low Detail for wars.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I can see that the new full screen Rs does affect my clan, there are now about 30 people in our IRC instead of ~50.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

I can see that the new full screen Rs does affect my clan, there are now about 30 people in our IRC instead of ~50.
Clans may start banning full screen if IRC drops in activity everywhere.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Clans may start banning full screen if IRC drops in activity everywhere.

A clan's primary goal is to increase the enjoyment one can obtain from playing the game. If an individual enjoys playing fullscreen and a clan attempts to ban the use of full-screen, that would be going against that philosophy. So I highly doubt that will occur.

That being said, IRC is a great way to communicate to your clan mates in an outside-of-game point of view, but this can also be achieved through TeamSpeak, and audio programs, which will allow one to communicate while playing in fullscreen.

gladz.png