Varrock Diaries-Smithing/Farming help.

fireeater235

I would like to start doing the Varrock Diaries. I will need 73 Smithing and 70 Farming.

I am currently lvl 24 farming and lvl 54 smithing. I would like to know the best ways to get these skills to 73/70. I am willing to spend whatever necessary. Altho I do not want to use the most expensive methods, I would like to use methods that are a balance between good exp and medium cost. So do not tell me "Oh, if you use this method you will get 75k exp/hour and it will cost you 8mill for lvl 73." when there is a method that gets you 60k exp/hour and it only costs half that.

I hope you understand what I mean and I am looking forward to your replies,

Fireeater235.

Don't play with fire!

Murfy.gif

18,200th to 99 Defence!

Will you be using evil stews?

also use garden pie for farming

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

i wouldnt depend on the stew for the boost. its way too random and might end up wasting alot of time. fastest way to lvl ur smithing is to smelt gold with the family crest guntlets, but it is pretty expensive and gold bar doesnt really sell. for farming, u can get it up and try to grow trees and/or watermelons.

bedce0cd19.png

this will undoubtedly take you a while, there is no really quick way to do it. I'd say work steadily towards it while doing other skills.

Farming:

read one of the guides that shows you the routs around the RS farm patches, getting you your farming requirement shouldn't cost you anything, oaks and banana/orange seeds are cheap, always keep them turning over. plant strawberries and use payment which can easily be bought from the food shop under the lumbridge castle. Plant herbs to offset the cost of your other seeds/farmer payments, kwuarm and ranarr are great earners. To offset the cost of seeds some more, each time your do your alotment round to get your strawberries replant a marigold, (last time i checked these were 4k?)

Smithing:

I don't have much advise about this,

Good Luck \'

For smithing, go with mith bolts. Buy the bars and smith them for a small loss, or blast furnace the oresand then smith them into bolts for a more cost effective method, though slower xp.

For farming, first off go plant oaks in all your tree patches, then systematically go round and plant the best herb and fruit you can in each patch. Each time you level see what you can do the next time for more xp, and just keep going, until you start to feel it is too costly, then keep with the crops ou have been doing. MOST seeds are very cheap, but there are so many options availible it's hard to advise.

At 32 farming you may want to stick to growing ranarr in your herb patches: though this will be slower xp in the end because you could be planting something higher on th way to your goal, it might help cover some of the costs (assuming the prices work out nice, i havent looked in a long time). You can probably tell farming isn't my strong suit..

Thanks for the replies. I think i might go with mith bolts for the smithing. Farmings seems like it's going to take a while, but I will just do it while I smith and do other stuff. Suggestions are still welcome and some exp/hour predictions with smithing suggestions would be nice. ::'

Don't play with fire!

Murfy.gif

18,200th to 99 Defence!

i had the same problems as you, my smithing is only lvl 68 but i used an evil stew to get to lvl 73 and it worked a treat...

i can't offer much for the farming as i am still trying to raise my farming so i can achieve it...good luck!

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

First, only get 71 smithing. You can buy a Dwarven Stout (m) off the GE fairly easily. And then, only get 67 farming, as a garden pie is also quite simple to get, and you only need the boost for planting, not picking.

Second, try mining and banking iron ore, and then smelting it with rings of forging, and either selling them or smithing them into knives. Then use the money you make from that to buy mithril bars and feathers to make bolts, and sell those. You only lose a small amount of money with that technique, and it's a nice speed. For farming, buy Snapdragon, Ranarr, or Toadflax seeds, and do farming rotations between all the patches, and go between them every couple hours harvesting and planting more. For supercompost, just pick pineapples in Brimhaven, or buy from the shop in Catherby. You could also put MTK workers on Maples, and use the seeds you receive there to plant trees and earn some very fast exp. Farming will take a while, but herb farming makes a lot of money, and isn't that bad if you remember to do it often.

For the smithing i would definately use the blast furnace on blast furnace world making mithril bolts.

You can make roughly 30k expper hour, while making good money. I made roughly 1.2m going from 65-69 smithing as i'm currently going for the achievement too.

The best strategy is to bring over 1k noted mithril, and double that in noted coal. Bring around 200k cash, a hammer and 3 placeholders. (i usually used feathers and 2 buckets as placeholders, buckets are a quick way to cool bars and feathers for if you want to fletch your bolts) Unfinished bolts will make a 4th placeholder which is what i use(youl see why)

Un-note 20 coal (use noted ore on the dwarf) and place it in the furnace. Do that 20 times and you'l have 200 coal stored in there. Then un-note 20 mithril the same way and place it in. Wait for it to smith the bolts, then place another 20 mithril ore in. Now grab 20 bars from the bar dispenser and smith them into bolts. This makes your 4th placeholder, and makes it so you have 20 inventory spots left to make calculations simpler. Then place another 20 mithril in the furnace and then grab 20 bars etc. Repeat until your out of coal, then repeat it all again. Its the second best smithing exp in the game AND makes money.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^