how hard is 99 cooking now, compared to five years ago?

ixfd64

When I got level 99 cooking in April 2003, it was pretty easy. I didn't fish very much; I just kept trading cooked for raw food. I haven't trained cooking in a really long time, so I can't be 100% sure, but it seems that 99 cooking is, on the whole, harder than it used to be.

Back when I got level 99 cooking, it was very easy to find someone who was willing to trade their raw lobsters (or swordfish) for cooked ones, as many of those were fighters who didn't like to cook. Whenever my friends asked me for advice on 99 cooking, I've always told them to trade their cooked for raw food. However, they've always come back and told me that they couldn't find anyone willing to do the trade. It seems very hard to find people that trade raw for cooked food nowadays. With the trade limit in place, it's even harder, since raw food costs slightly more than cooked food.

So, is cooking harder to train these days? If so, how much harder? (I'm not trying to get 99 cooking on another character, I'm just curious.)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

It is easier because of the Cook-All option which saves clicking, although I doubt you can find many people willing to trade raw for cooked so you will lose some money when training. Just sell the cooked ones and buy more raw or fish your own. Good luck ::'

268 Quest Points

It is dead easy to get cooking cape today compared to how it used to be a few years ago. This is all thanks to grand exchange and the cook-all option which saves us a lot of time, effort and RSI problems.

Of course, all skill capes still take time and money to get, but effort - not much more than avoiding falling dead asleep on the keyboard, hehe. :)

What you need to do is probably adjust to new conditions. People use the grand exchange now for most of their trades since it is simply faster and more convenient. Save up some money, go fish if you are cheap and have the time, buy raw fish from the grand exchange and you are on your way to being a master chef with summer pie-leetness, woot!

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

It's easier now because of the "cook-all" option.

It's harder because not as many people trade raws for cooked, esp. when the price difference is so great. I won't say no one, someone out there must, but no one I've seen since I've gotten the 99. It also costs a lot more now. When I got it, I spend barely under 2 million coins; that was only a year ago. Now it's up to 6m, assuming you are buying raw lobbys and selling them cooked.

On the other hand, the worth of runescape coins has degraded quite a bit, see it as inflation if you'd like, due to the grand exchange. Making 6 millions merelly takes a few weeks of work to earn today regardless of your combat level or skill levels.

On the other hand, the worth of runescape coins has degraded quite a bit, see it as inflation if you'd like, due to the grand exchange. Making 6 millions merelly takes a few weeks of work to earn today regardless of your combat level or skill levels.

That's true. But weeks of work is still quite a bit of time.

Of course, but anyone intending to get a skill cape will have to do that, right? I have spent a month already trying to get ranged cape, but I still have three months of hard work ahead of me to do. Patience is an essence we all have to develop if we want to go far in Runescape.