Item "Shadows" to hold singular items' bankspaces

Topazjewel

This idea is a bit underdeveloped in my brain, but maybe someone has some ideas to build it up a bit.

Don't you hate when you only have one of a certain item, and after withdrawing it your whole bank organization system is RUINED until you put it back (which requires lots of scrolling to find the correct place to insert it back into)? Wouldn't it be neat if you had a "place shadow" option, where the spot is held for you for when you deposit the item again, rather than the item going down to the depths of the bottom of your bank space?

Maybe a faded image of the item that goes there would remain, so you'd remember that it was a shadow. With a "0" for quantity. I don't know if this is possible to accomplish, or if there would be a limit to the number of "shadowed items" you could have so as not to bring RS crashing down.

Anyone have any elaborations to this idea or maybe a better "spot-saving" idea? :D

Kinda like Thagran's idea for the new bank? Well, part of it at least. I like the idea, it's very annoying to have to reorganize things. True the "insert" option saves a lot of time and effort, but this would be very useful. (That's a support, just btw).

One major problem is for former members who have more than the f2p bankspace. Should they be allowed to deposit items into "ghost" slots? I would say, no. But since they can pretty much do it anyway...hmm...

Also as a drawback, a shadow item still takes up a bankspace. Or did you mention that?

Also as a drawback, a shadow item still takes up a bankspace. Or did you mention that?

The point isn't to save bankspace, it's to make it easier to return items that you pulled out for use back into your bank without having to search for their spot. ;) So essentially it's a space being "saved" for an item that you already own and have equipped or in your inventory, just waiting to be put back without a hassle.

I think free to play should have their shadows deleted after they cancel membership, and would only allow them to use shadows again if they either become members, or be able to fit their items in the free to play space. Basically they empty their members junk to use shadows. That way they wouldnt have 'unlimited' bank space because they just got 1 of every item in members.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

The point isn't to save bankspace, it's to make it easier to return items that you pulled out for use back into your bank without having to search for their spot. ;) So essentially it's a space being "saved" for an item that you already own and have equipped or in your inventory, just waiting to be put back without a hassle.

I know. But I meant the shadow item should still take up a bankspace. Otherwise people could just load up on shadow spots.

I support this, sounds a very good idea.

Just one question though. If you withdrew, say, a dragon wcin axe which is very expensive (in my standards ::' ) and you went out with it and got killed and lost it (and yes i do know you would need 3 items or more that were worth over 2mil that would make you lose this, but this is just an example), would that shadow just sit there for eternity until you got a new one? or would it fade away after a while?

~ Sibmaster

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Just one question though. If you withdrew, say, a dragon wcin axe which is very expensive (in my standards ::' ) and you went out with it and got killed and lost it (and yes i do know you would need 3 items or more that were worth over 2mil that would make you lose this, but this is just an example), would that shadow just sit there for eternity until you got a new one? or would it fade away after a while?

~ Sibmaster

Hmm.. my idea would be that if you no longer owned the item (as in it wasn't in the GE, inventory, or equipped), the shadow would disappear. You'd have to still have the item for it to work. :) And like someone said, good point, if you went back to f2p after members you'd lose the shadow ability. Maybe shadows would be for members only, since they're the ones who really NEED them because the bank is so huge for them.

Would ruin the goal of me actually buying my own placeholders but I like it :thumbup:

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

~ Sibmaster

Hmm.. my idea would be that if you no longer owned the item (as in it wasn't in the GE, inventory, or equipped), the shadow would disappear. You'd have to still have the item for it to work. :) And like someone said, good point, if you went back to f2p after members you'd lose the shadow ability. Maybe shadows would be for members only, since they're the ones who really NEED them because the bank is so huge for them.

Ah, that would solve my question too. How long should this delay be? 1 week?

This is a really good idea... but i think if Jagex create that, they will..

put a bank already organised, full of shadows so everyone's banked items would be in the same order... that would be bad.

I hardly support that idea though 8-) :thumbup:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!