Pest Control - What's wrong with it?!

Xanotex

We have Pyramid Plunder for 99 Thieving but, when a person gets 99 thieving people will give him 9/10s to 10/10s.

We have Chinning for 99 Ranging but, when a person gets 99 ranging people will give him 9/10s to 10/10s.

I made a topic of my 90hp, I pced the last 20k xp and got flamed by lots of people.

Pyramid Plunder is accepted but Pest Control isn't?

I'm probably going for a new 99 skill and yes, I will pc almost everything, why? Well.

1) It's very fast

2) It's fun if you do it with friends

3) You earn a bit of money

Pest Control is the Pyramid Plunder or the Chinning for combat stats, but it isn't accepted.

If I look at Pest Control, I just see a way of getting levels very fast, and why not use that possibility instead of acting big and do it the other way? (Slayer is a great way of training melee stats too so respect for that but i'm more talking about camping at Bandits etc)

Thank you,

Xano.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I disagree only that Pest Control is a fast way to train. XP gain is halved and the 40-80 points you gain per hour hardly makes up for it. The 30k-40k xp you earn cannot be compared to the 150k-200k xp you gain by chinning. The money you earn is not huge either, but of course, it adds up.

I do agree however that it is strange that you would get flamed for using pest control to earn your levels. It is not a horribly slow way to earn your xp on and it is a fun game to play once in a while with some good rewards.

Kudos to you, Xano, if you get 99s through Pest control! 8-)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I disagree only that Pest Control is a fast way to train. XP gain is halved and the 40-80 points you gain per hour hardly makes up for it. The 30k-40k xp you earn cannot be compared to the 150k-200k xp you gain by chinning. The money you earn is not huge either, but of course, it adds up.

I do agree however that it is strange that you would get flamed for using pest control to earn your levels. It is not a horribly slow way to earn your xp on and it is a fun game to play once in a while with some good rewards.

Kudos to you, Xano, if you get 99s through Pest control! 8-)

Okay, Pest Control may not be the fastest for let's say Strength, but i'm going for Hp, I get ~40k xp/h, I don't think you can get that during slayer or anything else.

I agree with you. Every method has it's different pros and cons. You lost out on Slayer Xp in exchange for faster Hp Xp.

We just have to face it. Players have come up with this bizarre "rule book" on how things are supposed to be done in the game. That's why terms like these exist: Def Noobs, Prayer Noobs, 1-itemer Noobs, PC Noobs, etc.

I think we should all just let each other play the game how we want as long as it's not immoral or anything.

I think it started with many players rushing to pc at early lkevels and leaving far later as high-levels, while knowing nearly nothing about the game other than PC=Exp. They've become known as Pest Control Products.

Unfortunately, nowadays, that explanation has been blown so far out that anyone that even banks to get money to go to Karamja at the PC Bank is a pest control product.

As for PP and Chinning... I think it's because the alternatives are known to most to be painfully slow. Ranged used to be accepted as the weakest combat skill, and was slower to train, and Pickpocketing is a painful grind... Especially when the higher level pickpocket targets catch you nearly every time.

I think it started with many players rushing to pc at early lkevels and leaving far later as high-levels, while knowing nearly nothing about the game other than PC=Exp. They've become known as Pest Control Products.

Unfortunately, nowadays, that explanation has been blown so far out that anyone that even banks to get money to go to Karamja at the PC Bank is a pest control product.

As for PP and Chinning... I think it's because the alternatives are known to most to be painfully slow. Ranged used to be accepted as the weakest combat skill, and was slower to train, and Pickpocketing is a painful grind... Especially when the higher level pickpocket targets catch you nearly every time.

That's correct, but Bandits are far faster Strength xp than Pest Control and yet nobody calls them a Bandit Product. It's a part of the game, I got 200 points already today, that's 101k hp xp, i'd like to see someone get that at Bandits and that's only with points, not with attack Spinners etc.

Pest Control lost its appeal to me after I had a level 120 come up to me and ask "were u get da chiken" referring to my rubber chicken. #-o

That's the kind of thing my posts were about.

Bit illogical, really. If you know the game, how to fight and all that, PCing isn't going to change your knowledge of the game. If you're alreasy an established player, there's nothing wrong with it. People just hate the game because it allowed players to quickly and safely get a high combat level without doing any of the work that the high levels of the time did.

Pest Control lost its appeal to me after I had a level 120 come up to me and ask "were u get da chiken" referring to my rubber chicken. #-o

That's the kind of thing my posts were about.

Bit illogical, really. If you know the game, how to fight and all that, PCing isn't going to change your knowledge of the game. If you're alreasy an established player, there's nothing wrong with it. People just hate the game because it allowed players to quickly and safely get a high combat level without doing any of the work that the high levels of the time did.

True but they should also know that not every 'new' player goes there to get lvls fast, I have been playing over 2 years and still get called a pc product for training hp my way.

I don't find anything wrong with Pest Control. Though I wouldn't particully use it for training (especially after the exp-downing), it's a minigame with nice rewards.

It's all fair, you train how you want to, everyone else trains how they want to. Sadly, with everyone else, it's their way or get flamed.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

I'm willing to believe that it was about how Pest Control was literally an XP factory, and many veterans (myself included) utterly despised it. But now, I can simply look at it as another way to train, and there is a sacrifice of Slayer exp for (marginally) faster Combat exp.

It's strange that many people would remain so resistant to others just because of the methods they trained. Just don't let it get to you much.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I wouldn't say pest control is like using chins... more like using a cannon, except mega-slow.

(EDIT: I've only used it for full void, but if I was to go back it'd be for hp or prayer only.)

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg