turoths, kurasks and the leaf-bladed sword

sadin_13

I have had about 8 slayer tasks of over 100 of kurasks or turoths, and still no sword drop.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the drop rate for them? I've done smoking kills and killed the turoth and kurask giant monsters in that dungeon.

I estimate ive killed over 1000 of them.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Am I just unlucky?

Ive killed about the same and gotten 5 swords myself, mostly from Kurask, you're just unlucky

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

Count yourself unlucky. If you killed over 1000 of Turoth and Kurask, your just unlucky.

You can do a couple of things:

1. Go to a corner in the room and cry

2. Keep doing slayer, and keep doing those tasks.

If you choose option 2, you may find 2 or 3 swords in a task, because it's so random.

For example: Jellies supposed to drop clues very often. Well, I killed over 500 and not a single clue.

Had a Blue Dragon task, and completed it, next task was jellies again. 2 clues in 160 kills.

Your time of luck will come :thumbsup:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

It is all down to luck.

I was fortunate to get 3 drops in 1st 2 tasks on the day Smoking Kills was released, but haven't had drop in 9 Kurask & Turoth tasks since - well over 1k kills.

I think Jagex try & get as many of the new 'drops' into the game as soon as possible, before 'nerfing' the drop rate - Remember how frequently Spiritual Mages dopped Dragon Boots on the day they were released, before reducing the drop rates (although it seems the drop rate for D Boots is still very good!!)

My advice is keep killing them until you get drop - I know the Spear is a pain to use, but it is worth it when you finally get sword.

the_lad_1.png

Wait, there is a boss you need to kill first?

I've done all quests, haven't had a turoth/kurask task ever since, but where is this guy? I presume you need to kill it as well with the leaf-bladed toothpick?

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I've done all quests, haven't had a turoth/kurask task ever since, but where is this guy? I presume you need to kill it as well with the leaf-bladed toothpick?

In the smokey well, one of the rooms the ghost opens up for you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

In the smokey well, one of the rooms the ghost opens up for you.

you dont need to kill the boss to get it....this is just a rumour

2Xeo5.png