anti-aliasing

Vincent

just wondered about anti-aliasing. hd is working fine on my comp but anti-aliasing is incompatible. i'm guessing this feature is one of the reason gaming graphic cards are sold. so this feature is available on gaming graphic cards at the shop? or is there some way to enable this with my current setup? thanks for any help.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

First off, what graphics card do you have?

(How to check: Windows Key + R, type dxdiag, and then click the display tab, and post a screenshot)

[hide=Should look something like this]dxdiagmy1.jpg[/hide]

And I'm fairly confident you won't need a high end gaming card to play the new runescape, with or without AA. Post you're current card and we'll be able to help you out a bit more.

1st of all i'm playing the hd runescape; so that's not a problem.

i'm just asking about anti aliasing since that feature is incompatible.

4334343wf0.png

84398997nz8.jpg

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

right so what you're saying is i'd have to install a gaming specific graphics card to get anti-aliasing? is that correct? so i guess my initial assumption was correct?

You'll have to get a DESKTOP that supports graphics cards, I don't think you can install a graphics card on a laptop.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

You have an integrated graphics card on a desktop!???!?!?!?!!

Dood...the thing must be a relic. Nadril's post here has excellant information on a video card. If all you're playing is runescape (no actual video games (actual in the sense that they're demanding..)) then there's not need to go with anything other than the appropriate card he's listed. :P

Tell us what your bus type is, is it PCI, AGP, OR PCI-E?

To tell, open up the computer on the left side(presuming you are facing the front of the computer tower) and look for a graphics card. It looks kinda like a panel and you have your cord that connects to the monitor connected to it.

bustypes.jpg

This can be used as a guide to tell for sure.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

not to be a jerk or anything, but i already said i am playing hd fine. and this isnt a relic. the chipset family thing got better....

anyway i'm just asking about anti-aliasing. what would be the solution to enable that?

i read the thread you posted. so what you are saying is i should get a "dedicated graphics card" and have that installed? is that correct?

any recommendations? what are the system reqs for those? and who is to say i wont be playing other games. if i'm going to buy a new graphics card i might try some other games as well. -.-

and ultimania- what difference would it make? i mean what's the difference between the 3 and what would that say? i'm not going to open up my comp atm. thanks. just asking.

not to be a jerk or anything, but i already said i am playing hd fine. and this isnt a relic. the chipset family thing got better....

anyway i'm just asking about anti-aliasing. what would be the solution to enable that?

i read the thread you posted. so what you are saying is i should get a "dedicated graphics card" and have that installed? is that correct?

any recommendations? what are the system reqs for those? and who is to say i wont be playing other games. if i'm going to buy a new graphics card i might try some other games as well. -.-

and ultimania- what difference would it make? i mean what's the difference between the 3 and what would that say? i'm not going to open up my comp atm. thanks. just asking.

The solution would be to get a dedicated graphics card, yes. I understood just fine that you could already play Ultra-High, but you asked how to "enable" AA. It isn't some feature the manufacturers are hiding from you, your current video device just isn't powerful enough to handle it. There are recommendations listed in Nadril's topic, I would recommend buying the one appropriate for your system. And what I mean by other games is that you don't need to overkill. You're not going to want to go out at buy a pair of 8800 Ultras when you don't need them for what your doing.

The difference between the three limits your options for cards. An AGP card won't fit/work in a PCI-E slot. You don't need to open up a case, there is a link to a program to tell you in nardil's post.

ok. so if i want anti-aliasing i'm going to have to buy a "dedicated graphics card". thanks. all i needed to know i think. as for the 3 types, i tried both sites and active x is blocked or something for those sites and i dont want to hassle with it.

i'm sure wherever i go for the card; they can check it and make sure i get a dedicated graphics card that is appropriate for my system. and i'll have them install it.

so that solves that problem?

I'm suprised Rs even supports anti-aliasing, I dont think there will be much difference with it enabled at all considering RS even in HD is gonna be at the level of games that are on disks etc.

eggzs.png

You shouldn't see much of a difference with AA on. It would be a waste of money to buy a dedicated card just for that when you can play the new detail fine.

Integrated graphics card support AA, just not yours. Before you people post, check your facts.

goldenblade995.png

You shouldn't see much of a difference with AA on. It would be a waste of money to buy a dedicated card just for that when you can play the new detail fine.

Integrated graphics card support AA, just not yours. Before you people post, check your facts.

ok thanks. i was thinking the same thing.

i'm going to stick with the graphics card i have now. everthing looks great. oh well about anti aliasing. may get it may not.

but i'll stick with this card for now. thanks for the help everyone sorry if i was a little grumpy about this.

1 more thing: i would like someone to post a screenie of runescape hd with anti-aliasing on and 1 without anti-aliasing to compare the 2. i'm satisfied with the answers i got and i'll stay with this card for now.

i'm going to stick with the graphics card i have now.

just because i can im going to remind you that you dont actually have a graphics card. the graphic proccessing powers of your computer are built in to your motherboard.