runescape HD Vista Lag

cynder

Hello, my system exceeds the system requirements but for some reason when I go to load runescape HD my browser just consume 100% CPU and does nothing but display the login screen. It does respond but the lag is about 30 seconds. Here are my system specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01GHz

RAM: 2.00 GB

GPU: Nvidia 8800 Ultra & 7900 GT

Browser: IE 7, FireFox 3.0 (Tried both)

Also I removed AdWare Pro, the only other AV I have is ZoneAlarm.

I've also now tried to re-install Java no luck.

@peterfisher

~ Proud member of Mystic Chaos~

Have you tried clearing your system caches first?

Uhm....Try useing internet explorer.

If those still don't work, do ctrl+alt+del and look at which programs are taking up the most kb. If you're afraid to make a mistake about which process to end, just post a picture here or something.

You could also downgrade to windows xp, vista is a memory hog, but i don't recomend this.

As I said I have tried IE 7. My system is fine running vista its ranked at 5.9 the best ranking you can get... I have also disabled UAC to see if that fixed it but nope. Also as I said before the browser us taking up 100% CPU load.

reset caches and the deleted the jagex cache stored on the computer and still nothing.

@peterfisher

Your using a 64 bit Operating system. I can count on 2 hands the number of games that have been designed to work with a 64 bit CPU (not really, but there arent many games either). I expect that this may be your problem. They had to add new protocals and all sorts of computer programming mumbo jumbo and chances are one of the 'things that make HD RS go' is not compatible with you CPU. Your computer is literaly to good for the game :shock:

Other than that I have no ideas. There might be some option someplace in ultimate to make your CPU run at 32-bit specs like every other computer used by the general public otherwise you wouldn't be able to play any games made before maybe 2006.

Your using a 64 bit Operating system. I can count on 2 hands the number of games that have been designed to work with a 64 bit CPU (not really, but there arent many games either). I expect that this may be your problem. They had to add new protocals and all sorts of computer programming mumbo jumbo and chances are one of the 'things that make HD RS go' is not compatible with you CPU. Your computer is literaly to good for the game :shock:

Other than that I have no ideas. There might be some option someplace in ultimate to make your CPU run at 32-bit specs like every other computer used by the general public otherwise you wouldn't be able to play any games made before maybe 2006.

I don't see where he said he was running 64bit.

64bit can also run everything that a 32bit can without problems. Infact I have been running 64bit Vista for a year for my gaming computer with no problems.

goldenblade995.png

Like blade said 64 bit Vista runs pretty much anything fine. No need blaming something that isn't the problem.

My bets on your lag is just an issue down at Jagex's end.

The Lag isn't just on Vista, it happens on XP too, and apparently it's something Jagex are going to have to sort out.

Yes, it would seem that Jagex haven't preloaded most of the maps, some of the textures, npc models and building models into the preload. This means each time you load up a new area you have to download all the map details, textures and model. This takes time and it causing a lot of issues.

I had a lot of connection, lag and other issues with the beta. Which I think are all down to the downloading of 'extras'. Hopefully Jagex will give users the option to download all the maps, textures and models in a pack to save people on slower connections issues.

Good thing its just a beta.

Off the topic: Clare what was that registry tweak which improved network copy, paste and move times?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Off the topic: Clare what was that registry tweak which improved network copy, paste and move times?

I wrote a section on Assist-X here about enabling the processor on your network card. Basically you set DisableTaskOffload to 0 in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters. If DisableTaskOffload doesn't exist, then create it as a REG_DWORD.

Okay thanks everyone, I guess I'll jet be waiting then to play runescape HD on my pc. =< Anyone ever comes up with a solution please post it here =p I really wana see what rs looks like on full screen at 1920x1600 =p

@peterfisher

I run full screen on 1440x900, and the way I get full screen to work is to:

1. Enter the game.

2. Change resolution to 800x600.

3. Click full screen (This usually fails and returns to non full screen).

4. Change resolution to 1440x900.

5. Click Full Screen.

Sometimes I have to do the above 3 or 4 times going back and forth between resolutions while trying full screen. But it usually works after a minute or so.

What're you going on about? I just played through the original half-life (c. 1999) on vista 64-bit, and it runs fine. Sure, they're not designed for a 64-bit OS, but they still run fine; Vista has a separate program folder for x86 programs. (which most programs, as well as games are. Firefox is running in 32-bit right now; I'm using it just fine)

Edit: Blade and Nadril got it before me, I think I was impatiend and clicked the reply button before the entire topic had finished loading :|

Chances are you're using Vista Aero (I had same problem).

Change it to Vista Basic and you'll get no lag at all.

• [*:246ib9vu]Right click Desktop

[*:246ib9vu]Personalize

[*:246ib9vu]Window Color and Appearence

[*:246ib9vu]Show classic (or something, should be a blue link near bottom)

[*:246ib9vu]Choose Vista Basic.

Chances are you're using Vista Aero (I had same problem).

Change it to Vista Basic and you'll get no lag at all.

• [*:k0p3cesp]Right click Desktop

[*:k0p3cesp]Personalize

[*:k0p3cesp]Window Color and Appearence

[*:k0p3cesp]Show classic (or something, should be a blue link near bottom)

[*:k0p3cesp]Choose Vista Basic.

Nope didn't work. I think changing it would just free up some resources but my system should have enough resources to power HD. Just seems to be some type of driver or software problem.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks so much for all the help so far!

@peterfisher

The only things I can think of are:

• [*:3vo0rw47]ZA - Switch it off.

[*:3vo0rw47]End all un-needed processes via Task Manager.

[*:3vo0rw47]Use Vista Basic not Aero (as well).

[*:3vo0rw47]Update your graphic card drivers.

Everything should be fine then :thumbsup:

Sorry for repeating this again, but I want to add, I have a 64 bit processor too and run Runescape HD as fine as the other detail modes.

The Lag isn't just on Vista, it happens on XP too, and apparently it's something Jagex are going to have to sort out.

Actually, this lag problem has been going on for almost 8 months, and Jagex is hiding almost all the threads with serious discussion about it on their forum, even their own sticky.

• 2 weeks later...