Tip.it forums been around since 1969?

Moving from Website Updates to Forum Discussion, though I can't imagine what kind of responses you will get.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Sometimes there is a problem with the date code used to display dates on the site/forums. If there is something wrong with it the system goes back to its default date, which in this case is 1969. Its just a small error with the code.

Sometimes there is a problem with the date code used to display dates on the site/forums. If there is something wrong with it the system goes back to its default date, which in this case is 1969. Its just a small error with the code.

Yeah, I've seen this on other forums, specifically with the join date for many users.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

yea i remember when in tip.it we had that glitch and people freaked out

"OMFG 1969 LYK RUFL HAX TIP.IT FTL!!! LUL ADVERTISING 69 AHAHAHAA WE'RE SO IMMATURE!!!"

>.<

<.<

>.>

bai

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

That's because time in most applications is not measured by recording the date and time in a normal format, it's measured by recording the amount of seconds since January 1st, 1970. When the forum issues arose we lost the creation times of those threads, so the forum sees the time as 0, and hence as 1970.

That's because time in most applications is not measured by recording the date and time in a normal format, it's measured by recording the amount of seconds since January 1st, 1970. When the forum issues arose we lost the creation times of those threads, so the forum sees the time as 0, and hence as 1970.

Pure_MageUK, wait... I thought the measurement was from 'Jan. 1, 1904'? :? ... Call me crazy, but something just doesn't add up about 1969... :oops:

magmaguard3, as for the bug, I do have to say that's odd... But I'd bet Pure_MageUK can reach into the database tables and tweak that back into place. :thumbsup:

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Pure_MageUK, wait... I thought the measurement was from 'Jan. 1, 1904'? :? ... Call me crazy, but something just doesn't add up about 1969... :oops:

magmaguard3, as for the bug, I do have to say that's odd... But I'd bet Pure_MageUK can reach into the database tables and tweak that back into place. :thumbsup:

~D. V. Devnull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Unix time, or POSIX time, is a system for describing points in time, defined as the number of seconds elapsed since midnight Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) of January 1, 1970, not counting leap seconds. It is widely used not only on Unix-like operating systems but also in many other computing systems.

PHP's time() function :

Description

int time ( void )

Returns the current time measured in the number of seconds since the Unix Epoch (January 1 1970 00:00:00 GMT).