Problem with loading RS...

jimmyb

Well whenever I load runescape, it always loads slow. Like when I start to load it, it goes through a percentage for each little part. Like an update does, its been horrible loading each world taking 10 minutes. Plus im a huge pker and its been holding me back :cry: Heres a pic of how it loads if you dont understand: Also I use dial-up (AOL)

Please help me :?

loading0hv.th.jpg

same with me.

i had to wait like 10 min for it to load, but the fire/rune thing was going at a normal speed.

When i finally log on, i have to click, walk like .5 seconds after. it responds really really slowly.

help us lol. :cry:

It's most likely because you're actuall using dial-up. When i was using AOL*shudders* (dial-up) it would do the same to me. The only thing i can suggest is... GET BROADBAND!

Ape8191. :D

New sig to come!

If Runescape is taking ages to load then either try the low detail version or ger a faster connection.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If Runescape is taking ages to load then either try the low detail version or ger a faster connection.

I've heard many a bad thing about AOL+Runescape, all that could be needed if low detail doesn't work is switch to a different dialup provider

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

When I was on dial up I had NO problem, however it wasn't AOL...

AOL is slow to begin with and really crummy. Just a quick question though, do you have a firewall or router that could be blocking or having difficult times with the connection to runescape.com itself?

when i had AOL (dial-up) worked fine for me.

Does it load at all? Or just stay at the same piont?

Have the latest version of AOL? 9.0 sercurity edition SE

Try connecting to AOL, minnimize AOL. Load up the RS client and play from there. If it is still slow, your outa luck.

I have aol (broadband) so ill test if it loads at all. I'll try to set my dial-up aol run and see about that.

goldenblade995.png

It's really this simple: You're using dialup.

Dialup has very little bandwidth, creating slow download speeds. RuneScape is a relatively huge client, so it's going to naturally take a long time to download it. Use the low detail client. (it's going to be a smaller download).

The only other fix is to get broadband. Sorry :(

Dialup has very little bandwidth, creating slow download speeds. RuneScape is a relatively huge client, so it's going to naturally take a long time to download it. Use the low detail client. (it's going to be a smaller download).

I used dialup and just recently switched to DSL, I noticed NO DIFFERENCE at all in RS

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I used dialup and just recently switched to DSL, I noticed NO DIFFERENCE at all in RS

I never said anything about gameplay speeds, RuneScape uses relatively low bandwidth, correct? His problem was the client takes a LONG time to load.

But you're right, it shouldn't make a difference once the client is loaded.

Agreed... the packets being sent to and from the RS servers is like 8 bytes a second, you wouldn't even notice a difference if you were on 28k to a T3 line.

Also, refering to your other post:

He said it takes up to 10 minutes for RS to load. No, that has NOTHING to do with dial up. I used to play (a few months ago) on 56k that dialed up at about 24k and it still only took maybe 15 seconds to get through the entire process of loading up the game.