slayer outfit

lizzy9313

Ok so im planning on going or 85 slayer to kill abby demons..

but idk what i should wear while slaying..

please post any suggestons..

Thanks!

Get a black mask. Totally, it's worth it.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Ok so im planning on going or 85 slayer to kill abby demons..

but idk what i should wear while slaying..

please post any suggestons..

Thanks!

Get a black mask. Totally, it's worth it.

Actually, it's more like get a SLAYER HELMET. Totally, it's worth it. Plus it doesn't look lame like the black mask. Slayer Helm is pimp.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Black Mask/Slayer Helm

Fire Cape/Skill Cape

Fury/Glory

Whip +Defender/DFS

Bandos/Barrows chest/legs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Berserker/Warrior Ring

It really isn't too complicated.

Also have Karil top + bottom for mage defense tasks

and Proselyte Top + bottom for prayer tasks

Do Smoking Kills for access to slayer rewards including helm.

Foooman.png

Black Mask/Slayer Helm

Fire Cape/Skill Cape

Fury/Glory

Whip +Defender/DFS

Bandos/Barrows chest/legs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Berserker/Warrior Ring

It really isn't too complicated.

Also have Karil top + bottom for mage defense tasks

and Proselyte Top + bottom for prayer tasks

Do Smoking Kills for access to slayer rewards including helm.

Thank you! Thats what i needed to know..

Dutchnclover.gif

My outfit(this outfit is vastly superior to all others as you will learn)

-Slayer hat

-Glory(Stay true to the classics, mate and teleportless necklaces are for panzies)

-Guthans plate

-Guthan skirt

-Wealth(Fremminick rings are for panzies)

-Dragon boots

-Quest cape(melted cheese capes are for panzies)

-Whip/SS

-Defender/Nothing(The best defense is a good offense, and fire shields are for panzies)

-Barrows gloves

Then in your inventory...

-Coins, Ecto, Lunar stick, Sgs(for specs only, dds is good too)

-Charm placeholders(unless the task doesn't drop them)

-Gem, Guthan hat, Guthan spear, K3 Gloves(not using Duradel is for panzies)

-2 Bunyips, or a summoning potion and 2 of some attack familiar

Stick to that setup(for basic melee tasks such as Dusties, Nechs, Fire giants, etc) and everyone will kneel before your greatness, except me of course. Git friend messed up my knee a bit so kneeling is out, but I'll still give a slight head nod of acknowledgement.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

-Gem, Guthan hat, Guthan spear, K3 Gloves(not using Duradel is for panzies)

What is the need for an ecto, gem and lunar staff? You don't need those!

*ecto: In this setup of "über greatness" having a one-click teleport for emergencies is "for pansies".

*lunar staff: honestly, what do you need it for? Only usefull if the monster to be killed is near a fairy ring. Else it's just an inventory filler.

*gem: after you killed the last monster assigned, you'll get a message that you completed the task. Pay attention to the game (as you should) and you'll free up another inventory space.

Also, only take combat familiar pouches when you kill the monster IN MULTI-COMBAT!!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I will bold the fixes

-Slayer hat helm not hat

-Glory fury is much better

-Guthans plate

-Guthan skirt

-Wealth(Fremminick rings are for panzies) wealth is recommened but the berserker ring isn't for panzies and I am tired of you using that word

-Dragon boots

-Quest cape(melted cheese capes are for panzies) fire cape is definitely better unless you will have to pray

-Whip/SS use whip and defender unless training strength

-Defender/Nothing(The best defense is a good offense, and fire shields are for panzies) fire shield will be better since duradel assigns task with strong monsters

-Barrows gloves

-Gem, Guthan hathelm not hat, Guthan spear, K3 Gloves(not using Duradel is for panzies)

Stick to that setup(for basic melee tasks such as Dusties, Nechs, Fire giants, etc) and everyone will kneel before your greatness, except me of course. Git friend messed up my knee a bit so kneeling is out, but I'll still give a slight head nod of acknowledgement.

Fury is much better than glory, fire cape is better than quest, its dragonfire shield not fire. you won't need to keep ecto and lunar staff in your inventory unless your using an easy master. The higher level masters will require food so you don't want to carry a bunch of teles. Charm placeholders aren't needed for the harder task since you will be using food. Since not using duradel is for panzies(as you put it) your inventory is definitely not good for his task. if your taking bunyips you won't need combat familiars. Carry some sort of tab, preferably house. A gem isn't need, just watch for the task done message

Assassin1357.png

Oi so much anger in kids these days...as I said, that was MY setup, the 10k coins, ecto, staff, and usually dds, I take with me everywhere unless extra spaces are needed and I honestly don't do that much other than slayer anymore so it's easier to not have to switch things arounf much, and I do make extensive use of the fairy rings. The ectofial teleports you near the haunted woods ring which is admittedly farther than the Edge ring, but there is a farming patch along the way. Not sure why you would be taking food along on tasks if you're using guthans...

...and for the Slayer hat and fire shield, that is what I personally call them, I just assumed that most people would be able to make the stretch to connct those together... and I absolutely refuse to give up the convenience of glory teleports... and yes a fire cape has better stats, but I preferr the quest cape for looks, and also it was my first *good* cape, so the lava thing gets to warm up my bank.

I honestly thought the TIF forums consisted of more light hearted people...but after seeing such cold responses from two seperate people, I suppose I was wrong. So here, I present you with another outfit alternative, much less obviously superior, but maybe it will help you guys calm down a bit.

-Slayer helmet

-Amulet of fury

-Guthans platebody

-Guthan chainskirt (You lose a little defensive bonus compared to Torags, but it is more convenient for when you need to heal)

-Ring of wealth (Either of the melee rings could give you a small boost as well)

-Dragon boots

-Fire Cape

-Abyssal Whip or Saradomin Sword (Depending on which skill you are focusing on)

-Rune Defender or Nothing (personally I've noticed that tasks are done more quickly with a defender as opposed to a Dragonfire Shield, but you may want to switch for tasks such as Gargoyles)

-Barrows gloves (Accept no substitute)

-DDS, SGS, D Mace, DBA or whatever special attack weapon you favour as opposed to the useless whip special or the inaccurate SS one.

-Charm placeholders (unless the task doesn't drop them)

-Enchanted Gem, Guthans Helmet, Guthans Warspear, Karamja Gloves 3 (For moving on to your next task quickly)

-A summoning potion with at least 1 dose and either 2 Bunyips or 2 of some attack familiar

If you are using guthans and bunyips, then you should not have to worry about taking along food, and should have plenty of open inventory spaces for drops and such. Unless you decide to leave charms on the ground, you will eventually get a few of each color on most occasions, and as they are stackable the time at which you sacrifice the inventory space is irrelevant.

As I'm sure that you know, you would only take the attacking familiars on a multi combat task that you felt would be suitable. Bunyips are superior in all situations that I can think off at the moment other than for a Black Demon task, but attack familiars are more fun to use. It seems that some other users may not have picked up on the fact that you should use attack familiars OR bunyips, as it is not possible to do both. If their confusion was caused by the summoning potion only being included for one of the choices in my original post, that is my fault for neglecting to mention that you also need a potion for multiple bunyips before 76 summoning.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but personally I like to know how far into a task I've gone, and my memory is not reliable enough to support that. Maybe yours is, transcript, but mine sadly is not, and a reminder of how many monster I have left to kill is always nice. I usually know when I am killing the last monster for the task before I attack it thanks to the convenience of the gem, as I'm sure most people do. I'll just assume that that was intended more as a personal attack against me than an actual suggestion that an enchanted gem should be left behind.

I guess that I'll go to sleep tonight just a little bit sadder about the state our community...too bad that I checked back after it had been two people instead of one, oh well.

In any case, good luck, Lizzy

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Oi so much anger in kids these days...as I said, that was MY setup, the 10k coins, ecto, staff, and usually dds, I take with me everywhere unless extra spaces are needed and I honestly don't do that much other than slayer anymore so it's easier to not have to switch things arounf much, and I do make extensive use of the fairy rings. The ectofial teleports you near the haunted woods ring which is admittedly farther than the Edge ring, but there is a farming patch along the way. Not sure why you would be taking food along on tasks if you're using guthans...

...and for the Slayer hat and fire shield, that is what I personally call them, I just assumed that most people would be able to make the stretch to connct those together... and I absolutely refuse to give up the convenience of glory teleports... and yes a fire cape has better stats, but I preferr the quest cape for looks, and also it was my first *good* cape, so the lava thing gets to warm up my bank.

I honestly thought the TIF forums consisted of more light hearted people...but after seeing such cold responses from two seperate people, I suppose I was wrong. So here, I present you with another outfit alternative, much less obviously superior, but maybe it will help you guys calm down a bit.

Well were not trying to be mean were just giving better suggestions that would provide more beneficial to use while training slayer. Sorry If I offended you. I was just trying to help him out by changing a few of your suggestions.

As I'm sure that you know, you would only take the attacking familiars on a multi combat task that you felt would be suitable. Bunyips are superior in all situations that I can think off at the moment other than for a Black Demon task, but attack familiars are more fun to use. It seems that some other users may not have picked up on the fact that you should use attack familiars OR bunyips, as it is not possible to do both. If their confusion was caused by the summoning potion only being included for one of the choices in my original post, that is my fault for neglecting to mention that you also need a potion for multiple bunyips before 76 summoning.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but personally I like to know how far into a task I've gone, and my memory is not reliable enough to support that. Maybe yours is, transcript, but mine sadly is not, and a reminder of how many monster I have left to kill is always nice. I usually know when I am killing the last monster for the task before I attack it thanks to the convenience of the gem, as I'm sure most people do. I'll just assume that that was intended more as a personal attack against me than an actual suggestion that an enchanted gem should be left behind.

I could be wrong but you seem to be in a bad mood. We were simply making suggestions not attacking you. If you took it that way I apologize. I have been training slayer quite a bit recently so I have basically refined my gear and have a pretty good idea on what to use. The gem is quite useful but for small task its not needed. I will admit I do take it on task where I can camp because sometimes it feels like it takes forever to finish the task.

Assassin1357.png

I don't think it says anything bad about the "state of the community" that people don't just stand by and let you suggest obviously inferior equipment choices to somebody asking for advice.

Anyway, here's my setup:

Slayer helm>Black mask

Fury>Glory

Fire cape>Trimmed skill cape>Untrimmed skill cape>Obsidian cape>Legends cape

Bandos top>Barrows plate>Verac's Brassard>Granite top>Dragon chain>Rune plate

Bandos Tassets>Verac's skirt>Barrows legs>Guthan's skirt>Dragon legs>Rune legs

Saradomin Godsword>Abyssal whip/Saradomin sword>Other Godsword>Dragon scimitar

Dragonfire shield>Rune defender>Obsidian shield

Barrows gloves>Highest RFD gloves in your posession (If you don't have Barrows gloves, what are you doing slaying?! Go train for the quest!)

Dragon boots>Rune boots>Bandos boots>Addy boots

Berzerker ring>Warrior ring>Wealth ring>Life ring

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

For all of you that say to always use barrows gloves....

That is true, but if you get a dragons assignment, definitely get FoG dragon slayer gloves. They grant a +10% attack against dragons while on a slayer task that stacks with the black mask or slayer helm and +15% slayer experience from killing dragons on task. They break after killing 1000 dragons.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Now, now..... No need to take it so seriously...

I have never, and probably will never attack anyone personally. You writing this, well, I could take offense to that. But since you're in a bad mood, I won't. I'll leave it there.

My whole point in my post was some constructive criticism. You added your setup, with some obviously sarcastic comments in it. That's how I read it, anyway, and that's the way I intended to respond. If you took it differently, I apologise, but I meant no harm.

Back on topic: As far as RS goes, I'm Mr. fun, a.k.a. Mr. Inefficiency. I only take stuff I got as monster drop, party drop or stuff I make myself (food, potions). I seldomly buy equipment. I take jubk drops (steel 2handers and alike) from monsters to seel to the general store or to low-alch them with the adventurer's ring. I bank in slayer tasks, when my inventory is full of stuff I find usefull (uncuts, coins, etc). That's why I don't take the gem, since it doesn't matter to me how many there's left. If I need to bank, I'll bank.

As I like giving people a good laugh, I'll post my slayer set-up. Sure, it's for "pansies", but im a pansie and proud of it! (this being a game and all, and not caring about getting respect from strangers for whatever reason)

Slayer helmet

Amulet of Glory

Rune/granite plate

Dragon skirt (irpn dragon drop)

Rune boots (never had dragons as a drop and I refuse to buy them)

skill cape (tried caves 2x, died miserably, and as stat sig tells, no where near a 99, let alone 2)

Whip/dragon scimitar

Defender or dragon square

Ring of wealth (never even been in DK lair)

Inventory: super set, Guthans, BoB or Karamthulu pouch depending on the task, karamja gloves 3 if I'm close to the end of a task. I never take my gem, I'll check it every time I bank.

So, there you have it. Lots of inferior stuff, but I get satisfaction out of using " my own" gear, opposed to bought gear.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

thanks to everybody for all the suggestions! I appreciate all your support!

And I would like to apologize to WIONEO for all the flamers..all I asked for was a few suggestions and he posted his suggestions..they may have not been the best but atleast he left his ideas to better help me than just flame other tipiters.

Dutchnclover.gif

thanks to everybody for all the suggestions! I appreciate all your support!

And I would like to apologize to WIONEO for all the flamers..all I asked for was a few suggestions and he posted his suggestions..they may have not been the best but atleast he left his ideas to better help me than just flame other tipiters.

There is no need to apologize because he was not flamed. All we did was make simple corrections to his and he got mad about it. We have already apologized for him misunderstanding what we trying to say

Assassin1357.png