Official Soul Calibur 4 thread

Riku3220

I agree with gamecritics calling ivy as the most desperate and shambolic character in terms of desigin of any modern fighting game.Even worse than rumble roses...

Still it looks good, i havent got a fighting stick compatible with the ps3 and thats what ill be playing on it because of darth vader and almost every decent fighting game is guaranteed on ps3, no im not a fan of dead or alive.

tifsdac6mc.gif

meh imo the only good person with a saber of light would be the apprentice. Yoda, DV, and TA are only there to promote The Force Unleashed and bring in the Star Wars fanboys

plus every fighting game has to have a [bleep], its the law

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Boris, it doesn't actually last that long.

Tower of Souls gets pretty repetative after awhile, plus with some of the abilities they have, it can be damn near impossible ( I only got past floor 20 thanks to ring-outs).

Story mode, just well... sucks. 5 Stages long, isn't much fun after awhile.

Online. Well, like all games, you get your sore losers, just because you don't use big flashy moves and rather keep to fast moves with a fast character (think Taki (or a custom with her build)). Eventually, you just encounter people who continually abuse the same moves, with the same character. (Okay true, I abuse my custom character Altair in some fights, but not all the time), in the end, you just want to strangle half of them due to their cheap tactics, and their inability to use characters aside from Kilik (easily beaten with a Taki build) or Lizardman (perhaps the most annoying).

This isn't a Soul Calibur as I remember, its alot worse, I got bored of it faster than II and III, which had alot more replay value imo.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Sworddude, have you fought people in real life? As in invited friends over and mashed buttons for four hours straight? Because that's what I did/do with Soul Calibur 2. And it never gets old.

Though it really was needed to help improve the game, I find character builder (Or whatever it's called) to be a bit cheap. But be glad that Lizardman isn't kneeing you in the balls over and over. Or Raphael isn't whacking you in the face with the blunt end of his sword 30 times.

"Stop struggling!!" :P

So yea, I'd only get it if you play with friends. Single-player wasn't meant to be great, last time I checked. (Which was like 5 years ago, but still)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Sworddude, have you fought people in real life? As in invited friends over and mashed buttons for four hours straight? Because that's what I did/do with Soul Calibur 2. And it never gets old.

Considering I win 9 times out of 10, it does get boring.

Hell, even when my mate got one of the DragonBall Z games on the Ps2, I still beat his arse even though that was my first time playing.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• 2 months later...

Got it about 2 - 3 days ago.

LOVE IT

Got it for the 360, the online is amazing, the storyline is confusing at times but you expect that from soul calibur, i never expected the graphics to be that good, and i love creating my own characters ::'

My character is Kilik, i get ridiculed by my mate alot because apparently the fact that he can hit people from quite far bak is cheating apparently lol. But ye, he's ownage

kilik_2.jpg

I wouldnt mind a few challenges online from people ::'

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png