Play to win already, scrubs.

Fairness

My best strategy thusfar has been to snatch the collector and then run to the right sticking to the outer areas. The other guy generally goes to their right, my left, and does a quick sweep of the area for me. Sometimes they just go straight down to the center, but that doesnt really matter. Meanwhile I can be found chillling in his\her start area, restoring my run. After a brief time I'll just be circulating counterclockwise, wearing out my enemy's run energy, hoping that he/she doesn't know the center restore it quickly. It's a slow process (up to 10x slower then the center depending on the position), but generally all my oppenants get incredibly irritated as they are forced to walk towards me as I dash from their grasps.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting a few more games under my belt, I have to admit, I have used the hit the center and tank strategy a few times now.

The first was a level 60 something who wanted mage exp and said so. He told me how many charges he had and waited until I had surpassed his charges to attack (we were both standing on the fist and he wasn't attacking so I felt confident he wasn't lying). He was hunted first too.

The second was a level 12. Even with just tanking in the center, I ran out of prayer (53) before I even had much of a worry. I figured that, at 2k+ charges, I was pretty safe.

The third was a level 37 (I think) in full mith plate casting spells at me. Most of those splashed, again, I ran out of prayer before I ran out of hp. I think I had 1800+ charges on that one.

The hardest part with both the level 12 and the level 37 was waiting them out. I supose I could have turned off protect from magic, maybe removed some of my d-hide, but then they wouldn't have been able to cast as many spells. *shrug* The level 60 something was completely honest and straightforward about what he was doing so I didn't feel too bad about helping him gain some magic exp. I'd probably be willing to do it outside of FOG for a friend, inside of FOG I'm out nothing but some time and I get the tokens which is mostly what I'm after anyway. (Runecrafting in F2P == slow)

I agree with you for the most part, however, when I'm training mage on my pure and tell them 'I'll let you win, stop running, I'll let you win.' it get's a bit annoying.

At that point I theres 3 ways to go;

-the smart guy who says 'oh, he's here to train mage, alright cool' and goes to the center to get max points, and realises I let him win.

-the insecure guy who says 'omfg, no no no, ur lieing' (99% chance they're hunted first)

-the idiot who runs, despite me telling them ill let them wins (their the 1% who started as hunter)

if your the first guy, right on, ur cool

if your the second guy, lighten up

if your the third guy, go to hell

I'm an insecure guy. I suppose I should lighten up...

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I don't play Fist of Guthix. It's a rubbish game with 6 year olds that are too afraid to play Bounty Hunter and lose their precious leather gloves. Bah. And I always get paired up with the guy that hunts first, says he's "jst lokin for xp" and leaves when I hunt him. Why? Scare you'll lose when "The effectiveness of your stats have been reduced. Word.".

One stayed, I won and 1 chatted to him later. "You won, but it doesn't matter. I was here for the exp." No-one "goes for the exp". I don't, and I need it, trust me.

I don't play Fist of Guthix. It's a rubbish game with 6 year olds that are too afraid to play Bounty Hunter and lose their precious leather gloves. Bah. And I always get paired up with the guy that hunts first, says he's "jst lokin for xp" and leaves when I hunt him. Why? Scare you'll lose when "The effectiveness of your stats have been reduced. Word.".

One stayed, I won and 1 chatted to him later. "You won, but it doesn't matter. I was here for the exp." No-one "goes for the exp". I don't, and I need it, trust me.

Old copout. People lose so they use the "well I never wanted to win anyway". How much exp could fist of guthix possibly give you, unlesss you're training mage and want to do it for free?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• 2 weeks later...
Is this rant aimed at f2p FoG?

I don't know about f2p, but tanking is perfectly legit (and effective) in p2p. Remember that it's 3 charges/beat on the outer rim and 28 charges/beat in the center. So it's better to tank for a minute and a half in the center than to stay at the very edge for the whole 10 minute game.

In p2p, I find that poison is really useful. There have been games where I poison my prey. Then they run to the edge. I think to myself, "what's the point of that?". So I follow them to the edge. I stay about 8-10 squares away from them, but don't attack. The poison takes off 6hp every 15 seconds, and i'm left wondering why the idiot opponent doesn't telly to the center.

In p2p FoG, it's much harder to run away from your opponent (15 sec binds instead of 5 sec binds). Plus, ice ancients. So tanking and dying makes more sense than running and dying at the edge. Of course, you'd be crazy not to hide for your first few seconds, but tanking is superior once you've been found.

As for those playing for mage exp, let them. They just throw the game in your favor? Let them. The rating system is screwed up as it is and rewards quantity instead of quality. (at 1500 rating, I threw a game to a newb with 0 rating. I only lost 10 rating.) Tankers who don't know strategy? Let em tank. If you beat others (even idiot ones) you deserve that extra rating.

Fist of Guthix is the minigame of Guthix (Obviously). As such a winning strategy incorporates ALL strategies. I have a 95 win percentage. This is partly because of mage trainers (about a 1/4 of the time). The other 75% is because I don't these things: hang around the edge, use more than one combat style, "dip tank", house hug, save rune energy while using it in non-dangerous situations, and finally "dip hunt".

Dip tank: to tank in the center when the hunter is not there and then run away (usually to houses) when they return.

Dip hunt: to travel along the edge when hunting and then go to the center after covering about 1/2 - 2/3 of the map

Obviously, tanking in the center will most likely get you killed. However, 3 charges per 3 seconds is also not good. A BALANCE between tanking and edging is the best way to win. Same thing with the hunter.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I agree with you for the most part, however, when I'm training mage on my pure and tell them 'I'll let you win, stop running, I'll let you win.' it get's a bit annoying.

At that point I theres 3 ways to go;

-the smart guy who says 'oh, he's here to train mage, alright cool' and goes to the center to get max points, and realises I let him win.

-the insecure guy who says 'omfg, no no no, ur lieing' (99% chance they're hunted first)

-the idiot who runs, despite me telling them ill let them wins (their the 1% who started as hunter)

if your the first guy, right on, ur cool

if your the second guy, lighten up

if your the third guy, go to hell

I'm an insecure guy. I suppose I should lighten up...

Thank you for telling me to go to hell. I'll wave to your dead body spawning in Lumbridge after getting owned by a lesser demon \'

I would be more inclined to not run from you if you didn't wear mystic robes. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you do mage in full rune with an obby shield. Last guy who did that got me 5k charges, 30 tokens, and 27 rating.

Then again...

[hide=click pl0x]BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I'M NOT HERE FOR TOKENS. I'M ACTUALLY HERE TO HAVE FUN. STANDING IN THE CENTER WATCHING MY CHARACTER GET SPLASHED WITH MANA WATER EVERY TWO SECONDS DOESN'T SOUND FUN TO ME. Caps lock is my friend when explain things like this ::' ::' [/hide]

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Then again...

[hide=click pl0x]BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I'M NOT HERE FOR TOKENS. I'M ACTUALLY HERE TO HAVE FUN. STANDING IN THE CENTER WATCHING MY CHARACTER GET SPLASHED WITH MANA WATER EVERY TWO SECONDS DOESN'T SOUND FUN TO ME. Caps lock is my friend when explain things like this ::' ::' [/hide]

+1

The most fun I can get from FoG now-a-days is making pures mad by running around and into houses, sadly.

When FoG first came out, I loved it. No one cared if people ran away. No one cared about the free mage exp. It was there to have fun. It was to be expected.

But now, probably 80% of the people that play it is either to get mage exp or to insult people who actually play the game as it should. When I'm the hunter and I'm hunting down a so called "runner," I don't start going "Omfg runner noob scared lolz. *insert swear concerning runner's mother*" as most arrogant people do.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D