Swordfish

Thistle

Hello! I'm currently trying to get my fishing level up so I can enter the fishing guild. I'm roughly 13 levels away, :lol:, so I was looking for a very convenient place to fish Swordfish, preferably with a bank nearby to deposit my catches. I'm a very new Member, and so I'm only really familliar with the F2P world... and thusly, the only place I know of to fish Swordfish is Karamja, and it's really not that convenient. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be wonderful, and very much appreciated!

Thanks. :)

Fly fishing in shilo village?

thats about 30-40k exp an hour and its conveniently next to a bank

but i think you have to do shilo village quest to enter :?

Crazeattic.png

99 Fletching - 08/14/08

Fire Cape - 3/7/09

Quest Cape - 12/29/09

99 Defense - 3/17/10

Lol, well, I'm probably going to get laugh at for this, but I kind of avoid that area of the island because I'm rather scared of getting poisoned... mostly because I'm still at a decently low level :lol:. I'll just stick to swordfishing. =P But thank you.

Umm, Shilo can't be that slow, I get 40k+ exp in barbarian village while dropping the fish :roll:

It has to be faster in shilo #-o

im not sure of a good place to get swodies but u can try shilo for the fly fishing great xp :D

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Lol, well, I'm probably going to get laugh at for this, but I kind of avoid that area of the island because I'm rather scared of getting poisoned... mostly because I'm still at a decently low level :lol:. I'll just stick to swordfishing. =P But thank you.

THIS IS NOT A BAD IDEA AT ALL. My first ever experience with poison was wandering around exploring Karamja with my first ever glory and d long. I saw people fighting tribesmen and gave it a go. As it turns out, they were using antipoison, and I didn't have any. Died from 6 poison, which I believe was second highest in the game (second only to KBD 8 poison) at the time. I still hate those tribesmen. I should go slaughter them now that I'm nearly invincible to their puny savage weaponry :twisted:

Oh, but anyway, back on topic. I think you would fit right in at Catherby. If you look on a map, you'll find that your best way there is crossing white wolf mountain from Tavelry, which is very near Falador. You could also teleport to Camelot if you have the level and then head slightly southeast, or ask a nice 90+ mage to teleother you there. Or you could buy a Camelot Teleport off the GE and use that, which is a clay tablet you can break to cast a spell.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

THIS IS NOT A BAD IDEA AT ALL. My first ever experience with poison was wandering around exploring Karamja with my first ever glory and d long. I saw people fighting tribesmen and gave it a go. As it turns out, they were using antipoison, and I didn't have any. Died from 6 poison, which I believe was second highest in the game (second only to KBD 8 poison) at the time. I still hate those tribesmen. I should go slaughter them now that I'm nearly invincible to their puny savage weaponry :twisted:

Oh, but anyway, back on topic. I think you would fit right in at Catherby. If you look on a map, you'll find that your best way there is crossing white wolf mountain from Tavelry, which is very near Falador. You could also teleport to Camelot if you have the level and then head slightly southeast, or ask a nice 90+ mage to teleother you there. Or you could buy a Camelot Teleport off the GE and use that, which is a clay tablet you can break to cast a spell.

Tribesmen poison for 11.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Tribesmen poison for 11.

Do they?? No WONDER I died! I only had like 60 hp!

I almost died with full Zammy rune in my first week of membership while playing Tai Bwo Wannai clean-up, but a very nice player gave me an anti poison potion when it became clear that I didn't have one!

Forget warnings for the wilderness, they should have warnings for the jungle!

Luckily, they stop attacking you at combat 65 or higher. Then you can be safe.

But anyway, the closest swordfish spot to a bank is the Fishing Guild, followed by Jatizso, followed by Catherby. Piscatoris is technically even closer than Jatizso and about equal to the Fishing Guild (people tend to forget that you can harpoon there too) but since you can't use your hands to fish them, and because it means you can already catch Monkfish, no real reason to harpoon there.

Speaking of monkfish, you should put Swan Song on the very top of your to-do list, because catching monkfish is by far and away the best cash you can get from fishing. They have the same catchrate as lobsters, but they're 20 more experience than swordfish, and they sell for upwards of 400 gp each. It's a huge difference.

And on a side note, fishing is not a very good moneymaker. Neither lobsters or swordfish are likely to break 100k gp/hr. So hopefully that's not your motivation. ::'