Very noob questions about brews/restores

ilovecardj

Ive read a lot of topics and everything but i've never had to actually use these yet

I'll be going for a fire cape soon probably and I hear all about ratios like 1 brew 2 restores etc.

So a brew gives you+20% def and heals hp? (with negative effects to attack etc)

and restore restores all stats to full after (Including prayer % ?)

How abouts do you go using these efficiently

At what hp remainder should I use a brew? why?

After I use a brew I must restore? And then range pot after that?

SHould i be using restores just like I would a prayer pot if I need the prayer?

It all sounds so confusing. Do i ever drink 2 brews in a row? I'd test these things out myself if they weren't so expensive,

ANd last thing. If i drink a super restore after every brew, why would I need extra restores instead of prayer pots?

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

You use the extra sup restores as prayer pots. They are more expensive but its much easier to do it that way than try to find a balance of all 3 pots.

Like the poster before me said, 3 brew doses and you will need a sup rest. (if you take 4 doses then use sup rest your stats will still be lower than norm)

Always go in the order of brew, rest, then range pot. (I messed this up when I first went for my cape)

Try to hold off on healing until you will need 2 or 3 brew doses to heal. This minimizes the "waste" of super restore doses. However never hesitate to take a super restore dose if your prayer gets low. (if you do see your prayer getting low, before you take a sup rest dose, check if you can use a brew dose just to keep your health maxed)

Thats pretty much all I tried to do with Brews and restores on my fire cape try.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thank you very much for the advice guys :)

Also quick question about caves

I have void. I should use it correct?

My friend is trying to say use either dhide or karils, but i think thats just stupid. or is he right?

Probly have this set up

Full void/fury/snake skin boots/ accumulator

with rune cbow / broad bolts and 100 diamond (e) for jad.

I might buy an archers ring then sell it after cape.

Ranger boots and zammy book arent options.

Should i use damaged book for prayer bonus anyways?

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Your defense is not high enough to use void.

Most people are too lazy to figure this out, but the fight caves work quite fine if you bring 1 super restore every brew, and the rest prayer potion. You can then bring a holy wrench and end up with plenty of prayer, and cheaper.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

alright thanks for the info. IF i got 90 defense would void be an option? If not ill probly give this a go around 85 range.

Ill see if I can get lent some ranger boots as well

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

i admit i have not even tried for a fire cape but i have done a bit of it just for fun and i found that guthans set is really a good option for the time before the 360's come out as it will reduce the prayer and sara brew usage

Y_Z.png

Using restores as prayer potions always seemed so wasteful to me...I'd suggest that you only take enough restores to cover your brews(3 brew/rest) and 2 extras for accidents, then fill the rest with prayer potions. I only used 3 brews before Jad(do NOT switch off mage prayer until you KNOW that the 360s are dead), and if I had only brought restores, that wouldve been a pretty big waste of money.

I agree on using guthans, and definately advise against using void, because you do need a bit of defense(no idea how pures do it), and dragonhide would be better than karils, because you do take a few melee hits, and if you get hit by any magic attacks, your bonus won't help much...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20