Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why do people look down on skill capes?

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

FairiesWearBoots
[ Display Name History ]

FairiesWearBoots

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 63 posts

In all seriousness, no skill cape should be looked down on because of the person way they got it.

So long as it's legit.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
What I don't like about Skill Capes.

First off, I have never once asked someone to do an emote for me.

Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are.

I don't mind seeing the emotes, it is like anything though. After you do it once or twice then carry on.

I was pick-pocketing the master farmer the other day and two people came up and started doing the quest cape emote. (which in my opinion is the coolest skill cape emote there is) They just kept doing it, and it really started to annoy me. I didn't say anything, cause I figured they would be like, your just jealous. No, I am not jealous, I am about to have an epileptic siezure, and I' not even epeleptic,
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are.

It is annoying when you are asked over ten times a day - especially when you're trying to do something else.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

Perfect example of why I don't like them
Posted Image

Yomyth105
[ Display Name History ]

Yomyth105

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,092 posts
  • RSN:Pyro Xeron
their jealous.

i on the other hand admire any 99 skill. its a great accomplishment

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

So because I think it's annoying to do the emote every time I'm asked that means I'm an attention-seeker? How about stop making blind assumptions? It's not earning you a very nice reputation.

Let me make an assumption too: You are a noob who can't get a 99 so you flame everyone who does.

Perfect example of why I don't like idiots with no sense on these forums.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
Lol I am on my second main with 1724 skill total. This is my second main.

pfftt...gtfo
Posted Image

FairiesWearBoots
[ Display Name History ]

FairiesWearBoots

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 63 posts

Don't lie

Howdy neighbor, I'd like to welcome you to the world of MMO's! Care for a cuppa sugar?

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

Lol I am on my second main with 1724 skill total. This is my second main.

pfftt...gtfo

Keep earning yourself that reputation, pal.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
What reputation would that be by the way. I voice my opinion, you are doing the same.

So I am getting a reputation for having my own opinion that is not the same as yours?
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Don't try to act all innocent now. Your "opinion" is that the only reason people wear capes is for attention. It's not an opinion at all. You're preaching why I choose to get 99.

Ever hear of a little thing called self-satisfaction? I complete my goals because of what I think - not because of what others think.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
That is exactly one of the main (not only) reasons for getting the cape.

To show your accomplishment.
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Yeah - to myself.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
:lol: I am leaving it at that.

Because...
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Alright, then what is the point of achieving goals in a single-player game? And for that matter, if I wear my cape to showoff to others then why do I bring it to places no one goes? Why am I training at Black Demons with it right now even though no one is here? If you can argue that wearing a cape shows that you are an attention-seeker, then I can argue that wearing anything shows that you are an attention-seeker.

I'd also like to know why it's okay to be annoyed about people asking to borrow your items, but it's not okay to be annoyed about people asking for your emote.

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
Use the ignore feature of the game. Just like people annoying you to borrow things.

You like the attention, you like to piss and moan about how you don't like the attention.

I mean, ffs, the solution is so simple. Exactly the reason why you are competing with me in Special Olympics right now. I will not post any more in this thread. I bet you have to get a last word in on me, even after the fact I am saying you have to get the last word in on me. I started not to say this, but it will prove my point even more the fact I did say this.

Peace
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
The ignore list doesn't prevent more people from asking in the future. Does it?

By the way, I love that card: "I bet you're gonna try to get the last word in (even though that's what I'm attempting to do right now.)"

Also, like I said, I complete my goals because of what I think - not because of what others think. I think I'll take my own word over a stranger's on this one. Thanks.

fat_klutz
[ Display Name History ]

fat_klutz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts

What I don't like about Skill Capes.

First off, I have never once asked someone to do an emote for me.

I don't mind seeing the emotes, it is like anything though. After you do it once or twice then carry on.

I was pick-pocketing the master farmer the other day and two people came up and started doing the quest cape emote. (which in my opinion is the coolest skill cape emote there is) They just kept doing it, and it really started to annoy me. I didn't say anything, cause I figured they would be like, your just jealous. No, I am not jealous, I am about to have an epileptic siezure, and I' not even epeleptic,

That is all so true. It is like celebrities who pretend to be bothered by the media. If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff and they would be left alone.
If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

That is all so true. It is like celebrities who pretend to be bothered by the media. If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff and they would be left alone.

So you're saying we should stop achieving goals since people look up to us for doing so?

fat_klutz
[ Display Name History ]

fat_klutz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts
No that isn't what I am saying. Keep guessing.
If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users