Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

You can get 11m fletching xp in a single day. 1 day of training aint that much lol, so nothing really impressive there. Any skill that can be got to 99 in a week doesn't really impress me, as it takes no real dedication, and usually not even that much money. Doing a skill to 99 just for the sake of a cape seem stupid to me. People used to stop at 95 or something in cooking to stop burning sharks, training the skill alongside fishing for practical reasons. You used to even making profit buying raws then selling cooked. The mass of noobs who rush for the fastest, easiest 99 have ruined the skill entirely. I would like to one day get 99 in every skill, and I have a feeling I won't even buy the capes for fletching/cooking/theiving, let alone wear them.

Summoning doesn't interest you either? And I would like to know how you get 11m fletching exp in a day :shock:

Cartiaga.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people think that the amount of people that have it makes it less of an achievement. It'd be the same as if Slayer had 40k people with 99, People would look down on it.

Personally, I think those capes are the better ones, the owners have to endure the things you mentioned frequently.

They have to endure it because they chose it. They picked those skills for no other reason than "omg I want a skill cape!" - and when conformity becomes too widespread people start thinking negatively about it.

No, I don't think much of people that wear untrimmed firemaking or whatever capes. I see a kid that was desperate for an "achievement", so they wasted hours of their lives doing something completely worthless, costly, and boring just to so people look up to them in a game. Hell yeah, I think it's pathetic. Then when they find out that their cape actually does the opposite, guess what?

That's right, it's all over tipit. They start crying because their self esteem shot failed and people actually look down on them for their efforts, not the other way around.

I know what you mean. For example: I have enough logs and lobsters to get me to 99 cooking and firemaking, sure I bought my way to 99 but it is some effort to get there, I am not even to lvl 90 and its getting tiring. They are just jelous, because you have something they dont. :mrgreen:

SIG.jpg

RealOne.png

• 2 weeks later...
Some current numbers:

People with fletching cape: ~49k

People with cooking cape: ~50k

People with strenght cape: ~54k :twss:

0mg everyone flame dat guy with str cape, every1 has it!!!!1!!one!

If a lot of people has some skillcape, it doesn't really mean that it's easy. :roll:

thats cause str is actuly useful :roll:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Some current numbers:

People with fletching cape: ~49k

People with cooking cape: ~50k

People with strenght cape: ~54k :twss:

0mg everyone flame dat guy with str cape, every1 has it!!!!1!!one!

If a lot of people has some skillcape, it doesn't really mean that it's easy. :roll:

thats cause str is actuly useful :roll:

Yeah,who needs to heal,alch or shoot arrows? :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

In my humble opinion, I think that fletching and cooking are hard capes to achieve as well.

Everyone always argues that capes can be "bought", which cheapens the cape. Sure, it's easier to simply buy a billion lobsters than to go out and slay monsters, but I want to know, where do you get the 11 million gp to buy all these lobsters? Sure, the actual experience gain is fast and easy, but that doesn't mean that the whole attaining of the cape was easy. Someone had to put in a lot of time in order to earn that 11 million in the first place. And they were probably figuring on using the money to buy their way to a cape.

I have been playing for years, the most that I've ever had in my bank was 3.5 million. Maybe I just spend it all way too fast, but 11 million or however much cooking/fletching costs to get to 99 is still a lot of money. Money which takes time and dedication (and more willpower than I have :? ) to earn it. That does take some work.

Also, carpal tunnel is surely in the future of people who repetitively clicked over and over for firemaking or mining. Sure, most skills like these merely require repeated clicking on the same spot over and over, but think of all the temptations that they had to resist in order to keep on going, hour after hour. I don't have a single skillcape yet, because I simply get too bored of any one repetitive task. So sure, you can argue that fletching can be bought, but it still requires days, if not weeks, of constant clicking and resisting the urge to throw everything down, say "**** this!", and head off to a more fun task. I respect them for that when I see the cape.

P.S.

You can get 11m fletching xp in a single day. 1 day of training aint that much lol, so nothing really impressive there. Any skill that can be got to 99 in a week doesn't really impress me, as it takes no real dedication, and usually not even that much money. Doing a skill to 99 just for the sake of a cape seem stupid to me. People used to stop at 95 or something in cooking to stop burning sharks, training the skill alongside fishing for practical reasons. You used to even making profit buying raws then selling cooked. The mass of noobs who rush for the fastest, easiest 99 have ruined the skill entirely. I would like to one day get 99 in every skill, and I have a feeling I won't even buy the capes for fletching/cooking/theiving, let alone wear them.

Please, please tell me how to get 11m fletching exp/day! I'd love to be able to do it. Unless you're talking about what you can get once you're ALREADY at 99 fletching and have TONS of money to spend on materials at max cost at the G.E. and are talking about a day a.k.a. 24 HOURS of STRAIGHT GAMEPLAY. No one with even a fraction of a life plays that much a day.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Anyone who puts down a Flecthing or Cooking cape thinks too superficial/narrow mindedly. As a lot of people here point out there are a few other things you need to accomplish before you can even start on one of the "easy" 99s. Such as gathering materials and money. What really pisses me off is when someone puts down someone else for wearing a "buyable" cape is they talk like you can just go to the GE and buy the cape without putting in all the effort it actually takes to get regardless of how cheap or quick maxing out that skill is. But most of the time it's just someone who has never got a 99 themselves who is jealous and also doesn't know what you have to put into one.

What also perplexes me is how people can think a useful 99 such as Cooking (not burning Sharks) not worth getting? What's the use of 99 Herblore, Farming, Slayer, Hunter, Crafting or Thieving? Oh, that's right, there is none! So what about getting 99 Cooking is so useless compared to these other skills? You should respect 99 Cookers/Fishers because they actually know how to use their time well instead of spending it on a 99 they can't even use. Such is the logic of RS unfortunately, that those who toil away to achieve useless goals are more respected than those who spend their time more wisely.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

Anyone who puts down a Flecthing or Cooking cape thinks too superficial/narrow mindedly. As a lot of people here point out there are a few other things you need to accomplish before you can even start on one of the "easy" 99s. Such as gathering materials and money. What really pisses me off is when someone puts down someone else for wearing a "buyable" cape is they talk like you can just go to the GE and buy the cape without putting in all the effort it actually takes to get regardless of how cheap or quick maxing out that skill is. But most of the time it's just someone who has never got a 99 themselves who is jealous and also doesn't know what you have to put into one.

No, it's not because it's buyable it's because it's the least expensive (timewise or moneywise whichever way you prefer to see it) skill and the most common skillcape. It's true we often hear "you can just buy it so it must be easy" and frankly that's one of the worst arguments around however it's the fact that the materials are so cheap (AND the final product can be sold for almost the entire cost of the materials, which isn't the case for all skills involving buying stuff) that makes the skillcapes of cook/fletch seem pathetic. (seriously, over 50k people have it for cooking, and almost as much for fletching, doesn't that say anything to you?)

What also perplexes me is how people can think a useful 99 such as Cooking (not burning Sharks) not worth getting? What's the use of 99 Herblore, Farming, Slayer, Hunter, Crafting or Thieving? Oh, that's right, there is none! So what about getting 99 Cooking is so useless compared to these other skills? You should respect 99 Cookers/Fishers because they actually know how to use their time well instead of spending it on a 99 they can't even use. Such is the logic of RS unfortunately, that those who toil away to achieve useless goals are more respected than those who spend their time more wisely.

One word: pride. A cape seen on a daily basis holds little value. People go for it purely because it's easy. I'm pretty sure "not burning sharks" isn't the main incentive (besides that happens at 96 anyways and 96-99 takes several million exp to get).

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You know this reminds me of another common occurrence as far as player to player trash-talking: Focus on one skill. I notice often that when I'm training in a populated area, I get asked a specific lvl, like strength. When I reply, they usually laugh and then proudly state that theirs is about 10 lvls higher while their combat lvl is about 6 lvls lower. Meanwhile my atk and def are higher. Personally, my hat's off to anyone with a skillcape. As far as I'm concerned, quest skillcapes are at the top considering the plethora of diverse lvls required to get one, as well as the need to survive a lvl 700+ for Summer's End.

In the long run, though, people fail to care about all the details. It's a basic instinct to make a preliminary opinion and stick with it.

A lot of people go for 99 Hunter because of the nice profit. I'm not saying it's a "hard" skill, but when compared to Fishing I think Hunter takes the cake (constant clicking vs AFK). The only factor Fishing wins in is the Xp rate. Besides, no one was crazy about 99's until Capes came out anyways - which was right before Hunter came out.

That's not even the point though. The point is, he said everyone had a Hunter cape while wearing a Fishing one.

Wrrooooooong!

Achievement capes have been ingame long before the hunter skill. :roll:

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

Too common = no respect. Just a rule in Runescape, you should get used to it...

This is true, but I think there are many other factors that affect popularity and respect as well.

I have seen many people, mostly with only one cape (firemaking, cooking, fishing, fletching, or wc), but they still

get much respect. :roll:

Other factors that are included must be like their cb, their friends, their clan, their stats, and other special qualities.

Even now, I find it weird that some people are famous even though they do not have the rare and unique capes.

I myself, have 6 capes (firemaking, fletching, thief, construct, agility, and hunter) and going for my 7th cape, do not

have as much popularity as I expected. In fact, I only have a few supporters. :(

• 3 months later...

People should respect ALL skill-capes, including the "easy" ones, because every skill-cape, no matter how "easy" takes a huge amount of time and considerable effort to obtain. They might simply be jealous that a person with a skill-cape owns more than they do.

People should respect ALL skill-capes, including the "easy" ones, because every skill-cape, no matter how "easy" takes a huge amount of time and considerable effort to obtain. They might simply be jealous that a person with a skill-cape owns more than they do.

I disagree. People who spent hours training a skill like mining or WC or slayer should get more respect then someone who stood at a bank and no-lifed 100 hours.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 3 weeks later...

I bet they're jealous. :wall:

So they try to hide their jealousy by ducking behind a (rather flimsy and transparent) wall of insults.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

Quest Cape, Herblore, Construction, Firemaking, and Hunter. Those are the capes I'm after, and so far none of them are afk. Construction is so much clicking and waiting on the Butler. Herblore is click, bank click, bank etc. Firemaking is about the same as herblore, hunter is click click click click, and Quest Cape owns, enough said?

Two of the things that have drove me insane in Runescape.

12 combined hours and 1200 Cockatrices for my Cockatrice head in my House.

6 Combined Hours and 523 Cockatrices for my Second cockatrice head for my minitrice.

Two things im most proud of in rs.

My Cockatrice head in my house, and my minitrice.

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png