Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

Perfect example of why I don't like them

So because I think it's annoying to do the emote every time I'm asked that means I'm an attention-seeker? How about stop making blind assumptions? It's not earning you a very nice reputation.

Let me make an assumption too: You are a noob who can't get a 99 so you flame everyone who does.

Perfect example of why I don't like idiots with no sense on these forums.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

Perfect example of why I don't like them

Howdy neighbor, I'd like to welcome you to the world of MMO's! Care for a cuppa sugar?

Don't try to act all innocent now. Your "opinion" is that the only reason people wear capes is for attention. It's not an opinion at all. You're preaching why I choose to get 99.

Ever hear of a little thing called self-satisfaction? I complete my goals because of what I think - not because of what others think.

Alright, then what is the point of achieving goals in a single-player game? And for that matter, if I wear my cape to showoff to others then why do I bring it to places no one goes? Why am I training at Black Demons with it right now even though no one is here? If you can argue that wearing a cape shows that you are an attention-seeker, then I can argue that wearing anything shows that you are an attention-seeker.

I'd also like to know why it's okay to be annoyed about people asking to borrow your items, but it's not okay to be annoyed about people asking for your emote.

Use the ignore feature of the game. Just like people annoying you to borrow things.

You like the attention, you like to piss and moan about how you don't like the attention.

I mean, ffs, the solution is so simple. Exactly the reason why you are competing with me in Special Olympics right now. I will not post any more in this thread. I bet you have to get a last word in on me, even after the fact I am saying you have to get the last word in on me. I started not to say this, but it will prove my point even more the fact I did say this.

Peace

in4F.gif

The ignore list doesn't prevent more people from asking in the future. Does it?

By the way, I love that card: "I bet you're gonna try to get the last word in (even though that's what I'm attempting to do right now.)"

Also, like I said, I complete my goals because of what I think - not because of what others think. I think I'll take my own word over a stranger's on this one. Thanks.

What I don't like about Skill Capes.

First off, I have never once asked someone to do an emote for me.

Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are.

I don't mind seeing the emotes, it is like anything though. After you do it once or twice then carry on.

I was pick-pocketing the master farmer the other day and two people came up and started doing the quest cape emote. (which in my opinion is the coolest skill cape emote there is) They just kept doing it, and it really started to annoy me. I didn't say anything, cause I figured they would be like, your just jealous. No, I am not jealous, I am about to have an epileptic siezure, and I' not even epeleptic,

That is all so true. It is like celebrities who pretend to be bothered by the media. If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff and they would be left alone.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

That is all so true. It is like celebrities who pretend to be bothered by the media. If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff and they would be left alone.

So you're saying we should stop achieving goals since people look up to us for doing so?

Okay, so you are saying not to wear the best items available to you? I should go train combat without a cape?

Sorry, but I'd like to give you a little more credit than that.

Why thank you, how kind.

I really don't think I said that either.

I think I said something along the lines of

It is like celebrities (Players with skill capes) who pretend to be bothered by the media (Lower level players/emote beggers). If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff (wearing a skill cape in a crowded bank when they are just sitting there and talking) and they would be left alone.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

Combat training is almost just as easy to fix!!!!! You can buy the legendary OBSIDIAN CAPE!!!!!!!!! JUST AS GOOD DEFENSE BONUSES!!!!!!

Only thing you end up sacrificing if a bit of prayer.

omg.jpg

OMG I KNOW!!!! Good thing this can be solved too!!!!

THE AMAZING

pr_s_cloak.gif

YOU STILL SACRIFICE ONE PRAYER BUT WHO SAID BEING FAMOUS WOULD BE EASY!!!!!

and if you argue that using the cloak gives you less defense against physical attacks I will quickly point out that if you care about the prayer you will be praying so you won't even be taking damage.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I agree with Zierro. If you spend a lot of time on the game, what's the problem with having some marker or milestone of things you've done ? I also play the Xbox 360 online and off, during my spare time, and they got achievement sections too. You can look up what anyone's accomplished on any game they played, and RIGHT on your tag it shows your total score of points.

If someone unlocks something in online play, and uses it, what makes you think they're using it for your viewing pleasure? God forbid they do it for themselves.

Everyone else's arguement is so childish and assuming.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

Combat training is almost just as easy to fix!!!!! You can buy the legendary OBSIDIAN CAPE!!!!!!!!! JUST AS GOOD DEFENSE BONUSES!!!!!!

So, you're telling me to change the way I play if I'm annoyed by other players. You're complaining about me complaining. Fine, then while we're making suggestions to prevent complaints: Quit playing Runescape. You apparently see "attention hogs" all the time, so why don't you avoid the problem and just quit RS? Since not wearing capes is the only way to prevent emote beggars - then quitting RS is the only way to prevent seeing "attention hogs". Your own words can be used against you.

In fact, using your own reasoning, you could actually say that wearing anything that isn't the most efficient means that you are a "showoff". Yes folks, that means that even Cav-wearers are also "showoffs".

YOU STILL SACRIFICE ONE PRAYER BUT WHO SAID BEING FAMOUS WOULD BE EASY!!!!!

and if you argue that using the cloak gives you less defense against physical attacks I will quickly point out that if you care about the prayer you will be praying so you won't even be taking damage.

I'd rather take the one prayer and suffer the consequence of getting bombarded by emote beggars. That's my choice - not your's.

And let's get off the subject of stat bonuses for a second. Am I not allowed to wear a cape for it's looks? Hunter Cape is by far the coolest looking cape I own. I wear it everywhere I go - not just in crowded places. In fact, I even take it to my POH! But what?? No one's there except me?? OMG! I'm wearing it without showing it off!! But I thought Monkey and Klutz said that was impossible?? No, Monkey and Klutz were wrong. Some people do wear it to showoff, but that doesn't mean all of them do.

Just gonna say this again so maybe you people catch it this time: self-satisfaction.

imo, all skill capes are an excellent accomplishment, no matter how "easy" they are compared to other ones.

Exactly what I would have said :]

People who show disrespect to those of the 3 "easier" 99's merely show that they do not know what it takes to get that accomplishment.

All 99's are extremely hard to get...I settled for a quest cape :]

Lewa1200.png

Dragon L00T: D Legs

Barrows L00T: AH Skirt, T Helm2, V Helm

Owner of a Questy Cape

Currently Slaying stuffs

Putting words in my mouth...the fact you continue to compete in Special Olympics proves what an attention [bleep] you are.

The fact that you said you wouldn't post here anymore - when you just have - proves what a liar you are. Not putting words in your mouth either. Reread what you yourself has typed.

You tell me I'm putting words in your mouth when this is what you said:

You like the attention, or you would bank it.

You're telling me that I like attention. Look who actually is putting words into other people's mouths. Just look for a second, then maybe you will stop competing in the "Special Olympics" with me. (More hypocrisy - you're telling me I'm competing when you are too - even though you said you would stop.)